|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(b) The characters must all die at the end.
(c) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(d) There is no comic relief to be found.
2. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Be a father figure toward her.
(b) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Kill her.
3. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
(a) Being heartless.
(b) Being a dictator.
(c) Being a puppet to the people of Thebes.
(d) Being afraid to do his duty.
4. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She tells him that she is not hungry.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She turns her back on him.
(d) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
5. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(b) Double the guard detail.
(c) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(d) Change nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
2. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
3. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
4. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
5. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)