|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Make her angry.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(d) Be a father figure toward her.
2. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(b) Equal treatment.
(d) A proper burial.
3. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that it is none of his business.
(b) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
(c) She tells him that he knows.
(d) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
4. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
(a) Tells Haemon that he has no choice and must accept his fate.
(b) Tells Haemon to stand up straight and face the world head on.
(c) He breaks down and weeps.
(d) He walks away.
5. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She tells him that she is not hungry.
(d) She turns her back on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
2. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
3. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
5. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)