|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
(a) Why she did what she did.
(b) If she is crazy.
(c) If anyone else knew what she was doing.
(d) If she was willing to apologize for what she did.
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Restful because there is no hope.
(c) Sad and disingenuous.
(d) Mind numbing yet joyous.
3. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she can sit down.
(b) If she will suffer.
(c) If they will let her go.
(d) If she can speak with Ismene.
4. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Be a father figure toward her.
(b) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Kill her.
5. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Fire them.
(b) Punish them.
(c) Change their assignment.
(d) Have them executed on the spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
3. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
4. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
5. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)