|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Betrayed by his father.
(b) Turned into an enemy.
(c) Mortally wounded.
(d) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
2. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Keep her sister away.
(b) Say a prayer for her.
(c) Deliver a letter.
(d) Remove her shackles.
3. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will keep his job.
(b) He will be forgiven.
(c) He will live.
(d) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
4. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brothers.
5. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
(a) Pretend she was ill.
(b) Take some time to think.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Think carefully before she answers his next question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
3. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
4. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
5. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)