|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is an unrepentant fool.
(b) She is a threat to his authority.
(c) She was born to die this way.
(d) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
2. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Keep her away from Haemon.
(b) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(c) Make an example of her.
(d) Save her.
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) The characters must all die at the end.
(b) There is no comic relief to be found.
(c) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(d) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
4. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(b) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
(c) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
(d) Because she can't be brave forever.
5. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(d) Makes Jonas dizzy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
2. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
3. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
4. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
5. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)