|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(b) Turned into an enemy.
(c) Mortally wounded.
(d) Betrayed by his father.
2. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will keep his job.
(b) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(c) He will live.
(d) He will be forgiven.
3. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Execute her.
(b) Ensure the guards' silence.
(c) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(d) Bring her something to eat.
4. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
(a) Think carefully before she answers his next question.
(b) Pretend she was ill.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Take some time to think.
5. In Part 6, what does Creon say about his quarrel with Antigone over Polynices's body?
(a) It was just an excuse.
(b) It simply proved that Antigone was impudent.
(c) It was a way for him to learn Antigone's true nature.
(d) It eventually convinced him to release the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
2. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
3. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
4. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
5. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)