|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(b) To which saint to pray.
(c) To whom to deliver the letter.
(d) Why her sister wasn't there.
2. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
(a) Life in the barracks.
(b) All the answers are true.
(c) His family.
(d) Rivalries between the officers and guards.
3. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
(a) That his future is cut in stone.
(b) That fate holds the key, and there is nothing he can do to change it.
(c) That his childhood is over.
(d) That the woman he loves may be deceptive.
4. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
(c) Drawn and quartered.
(d) Buried alive.
5. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Change their assignment.
(b) Have them executed on the spot.
(c) Fire them.
(d) Punish them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
3. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
4. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
5. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)