|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
(b) The Nurse.
2. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Stands stoically and agrees.
(b) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(c) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(d) Runs away.
3. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Defend the righteous characters.
(b) Shout loudly about what death represents.
(c) Cry and wail in sorrow.
(d) Divide and conquer.
4. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(b) His authority had to be respected.
(c) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(d) He hated Polynices.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(b) The characters must all die at the end.
(c) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(d) There is no comic relief to be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
2. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
4. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
5. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)