|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) It is simple and straightforward.
(c) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(d) It is depressing and convoluted.
2. How does Antigone leave at the very end of Part 6?
(b) Fighting and screaming.
(d) Crying and shaking.
3. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(d) Stands stoically and agrees.
4. In Part 6, what does Creon say about his quarrel with Antigone over Polynices's body?
(a) It simply proved that Antigone was impudent.
(b) It was just an excuse.
(c) It eventually convinced him to release the body.
(d) It was a way for him to learn Antigone's true nature.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Dirty and avoidable.
(b) Clean and inevitable.
(c) Decidedly dolorous.
(d) Preening and dispicable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
2. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
3. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
4. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
5. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)