|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
(a) That fate holds the key, and there is nothing he can do to change it.
(b) That his future is cut in stone.
(c) That the woman he loves may be deceptive.
(d) That his childhood is over.
2. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she will suffer.
(b) If she can sit down.
(c) If she can speak with Ismene.
(d) If they will let her go.
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
(b) He reminds Creon of his good record.
(c) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(d) He blames everything on the other guards.
4. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of Creon's advisors.
(b) One of the guards.
(c) An significant member of the Chorus.
(d) One of Creon's sons.
5. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A daughter of Oedipus.
(b) A seeker of truth.
(c) A seeker of justice.
(d) A dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
3. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
4. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
5. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)