|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinctive about the item Antigone uses to bury Polynices?
(a) It was part of a bottle Polynices carried with him.
(b) It was part of the box Eteocles was buried in.
(c) It was under Polynices's body.
(d) He used to play with it as a child.
2. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
(a) She blames it on the guards.
(b) She stays silent.
(c) She admits doing so.
(d) She vehemently denies the accusation.
3. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She turns her back on him.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She tells him that she is not hungry.
(d) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
4. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
(a) Polynices tried to assassinate him.
(b) He's just an ordinary king doing his job.
(c) Polynices tried to keep him from being king.
(d) He thinks that Polynices is a murderer.
5. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Betrayed by his father.
(b) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(c) Mortally wounded.
(d) Turned into an enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
2. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
3. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
4. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
5. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)