|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Mind numbing yet joyous.
(b) Sad and disingenuous.
(d) Restful because there is no hope.
2. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
(a) After she is dead.
(c) When they take her to be executed.
(d) After Ismene gets to the palace.
3. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
(a) Rivalries between the officers and guards.
(b) His family.
(c) All the answers are true.
(d) Life in the barracks.
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is simple and straightforward.
(b) It is uncomfortable.
(c) It is depressing and convoluted.
(d) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
5. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
(a) A fair king.
(b) A strong, faithful man.
(c) The best king that Thebes could have.
(d) The loving father he knew as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
2. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
3. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
4. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
5. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)