|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) To whom to deliver the letter.
(b) To which saint to pray.
(c) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(d) Why her sister wasn't there.
2. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
(a) She is not thinking.
(b) She is Oedipus's daughter and his son's fiancee.
(c) She is becoming proud.
(d) She is stubborn.
3. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Save her.
(b) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(c) Keep her away from Haemon.
(d) Make an example of her.
4. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
(a) Why she did what she did.
(b) If anyone else knew what she was doing.
(c) If she was willing to apologize for what she did.
(d) If she is crazy.
5. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) The guards come to take her away.
(b) She becomes confused.
(c) Jonas stops her.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
2. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
3. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
4. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
5. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)