|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she will suffer.
(b) If they will let her go.
(c) If she can speak with Ismene.
(d) If she can sit down.
2. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Keep her sister away.
(b) Say a prayer for her.
(c) Remove her shackles.
(d) Deliver a letter.
3. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She was born to die this way.
(b) She is a threat to his authority.
(c) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
(d) She is an unrepentant fool.
4. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(b) Make her angry.
(c) Be a father figure toward her.
(d) Kill her.
5. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She says that she has.
(b) She lies.
(c) She spits in Creon's face.
(d) She refuses to answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
3. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
4. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)