|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Execute her.
(b) Bring her something to eat.
(c) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(d) Ensure the guards' silence.
2. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
(b) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(c) He blames everything on the other guards.
(d) He reminds Creon of his good record.
3. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
(a) The Nurse.
4. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She refuses to answer.
(b) She spits in Creon's face.
(c) She lies.
(d) She says that she has.
5. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Abdicate the crown.
(b) Put Antigone to death immediately
(c) Let Antigone live.
(d) Let Antigone off with a warning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
4. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
5. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)