|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antigone leave at the very end of Part 6?
(b) Crying and shaking.
(c) Fighting and screaming.
2. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
(a) That it deters grave robbers.
(b) That it is meaningless.
(c) That its various components are beyond comprehension.
(d) That it is something that all heroes deserve.
3. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
(b) She was born to die this way.
(c) She is an unrepentant fool.
(d) She is a threat to his authority.
4. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
(c) Drawn and quartered.
(d) Buried alive.
5. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Punish them.
(b) Change their assignment.
(c) Have them executed on the spot.
(d) Fire them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
2. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
3. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
5. What is distinctive about the item Antigone uses to bury Polynices?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)