|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
(a) When they take her to be executed.
(c) After Ismene gets to the palace.
(d) After she is dead.
2. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
(b) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(c) Because she can't be brave forever.
(d) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
3. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
(a) That it is something that all heroes deserve.
(b) That its various components are beyond comprehension.
(c) That it deters grave robbers.
(d) That it is meaningless.
4. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(a) A proper burial.
(d) Equal treatment.
5. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A small child's shovel.
(b) A large stick.
(c) A rotted piece of wood.
(d) A piece of a broken green bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
2. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
3. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
5. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)