|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Shout loudly about what death represents.
(b) Divide and conquer.
(c) Defend the righteous characters.
(d) Cry and wail in sorrow.
2. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
(a) He bribes the guards to keep their mouths shut.
(b) He gapes in disbelief.
(c) He sends the guards away.
(d) He grabs her arm angrily.
3. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Six feet deep.
(b) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
(c) Just his feet and legs were buried.
(d) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
4. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(b) Mortally wounded.
(c) Betrayed by his father.
(d) Turned into an enemy.
5. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She lies.
(b) She spits in Creon's face.
(c) She refuses to answer.
(d) She says that she has.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
2. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
4. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
5. How does Antigone leave at the very end of Part 6?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)