|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
(a) Talking to the other guards.
(d) Getting tobacco.
2. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will keep his job.
(b) He will live.
(c) He will be forgiven.
(d) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
3. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Sad for Haemon.
(b) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(c) Wishing her mother was with her.
(d) Afraid of dying.
4. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
(a) Get ready to mother Haemon's children.
(b) Tell the Nurse that she will never do it again.
(c) Pretend that she never had a brother.
(d) Pack and leave.
5. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
(a) That his future is cut in stone.
(b) That the woman he loves may be deceptive.
(c) That his childhood is over.
(d) That fate holds the key, and there is nothing he can do to change it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
2. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
3. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
4. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
5. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)