|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Turned into an enemy.
(b) Betrayed by his father.
(c) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(d) Mortally wounded.
2. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her entire family, living and dead.
3. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
(a) That it is something that all heroes deserve.
(b) That its various components are beyond comprehension.
(c) That it deters grave robbers.
(d) That it is meaningless.
4. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(d) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
5. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She lies.
(b) She refuses to answer.
(c) She says that she has.
(d) She spits in Creon's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
3. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
4. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
5. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)