|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
(a) He is faithful to Creon.
(b) He is in love with Antigone.
(c) He will be executed.
(d) He will get in trouble.
2. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Bring her something to eat.
(b) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(c) Execute her.
(d) Ensure the guards' silence.
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(b) Mind numbing yet joyous.
(c) Restful because there is no hope.
(d) Sad and disingenuous.
4. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
(b) After Ismene gets to the palace.
(c) When they take her to be executed.
(d) After she is dead.
5. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Keep her away from Haemon.
(b) Save her.
(c) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(d) Make an example of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
2. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
3. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
4. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
5. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)