|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
(b) The Nurse.
2. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(c) Stands stoically and agrees.
(d) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
3. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
(a) He runs from the palace.
(b) He stands silently and stoically.
(c) He tries to talk Creon into changing his mind.
(d) He agrees with Creon.
4. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
(a) In the palace courtyard.
(b) At the gallows.
(c) In the town common.
(d) In an empty cave.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(b) The characters must all die at the end.
(c) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(d) There is no comic relief to be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
2. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
3. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
4. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
5. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)