|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(b) He orders the guards to take her away.
(c) He asks her for forgiveness.
(d) He admits that it is the truth.
2. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Bring her something to eat.
(b) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Execute her.
3. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Afraid of dying.
(b) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(c) Wishing her mother was with her.
(d) Sad for Haemon.
4. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A seeker of justice.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A seeker of truth.
(d) A daughter of Oedipus.
5. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She says that she has.
(b) She refuses to answer.
(c) She lies.
(d) She spits in Creon's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
2. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
3. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
4. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
5. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)