|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Bring her something to eat.
(b) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Execute her.
2. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
(a) He runs from the palace.
(b) He tries to talk Creon into changing his mind.
(c) He agrees with Creon.
(d) He stands silently and stoically.
3. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
(a) She will be arrested and put to death.
(b) Her whole world will be destroyed.
(c) His body will be burned uncermoniously.
(d) He will be exhumed.
4. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(d) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
5. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
(a) Pack and leave.
(b) Tell the Nurse that she will never do it again.
(c) Get ready to mother Haemon's children.
(d) Pretend that she never had a brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
2. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
3. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
4. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
5. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)