|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
(a) Her whole world will be destroyed.
(b) She will be arrested and put to death.
(c) His body will be burned uncermoniously.
(d) He will be exhumed.
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A piece of a broken green bowl.
(b) A rotted piece of wood.
(c) A small child's shovel.
(d) A large stick.
3. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
(b) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(c) Tells him that he will one day be king.
(d) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Decidedly dolorous.
(b) Dirty and avoidable.
(c) Preening and dispicable.
(d) Clean and inevitable.
5. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Change their assignment.
(b) Punish them.
(c) Fire them.
(d) Have them executed on the spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
2. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
4. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
5. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)