|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
(a) Pretend that she never had a brother.
(b) Get ready to mother Haemon's children.
(c) Pack and leave.
(d) Tell the Nurse that she will never do it again.
2. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Keep her sister away.
(b) Say a prayer for her.
(c) Remove her shackles.
(d) Deliver a letter.
3. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of Creon's sons.
(b) One of Creon's advisors.
(c) An significant member of the Chorus.
(d) One of the guards.
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Abdicate the crown.
(b) Let Antigone live.
(c) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(d) Put Antigone to death immediately
5. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
(a) He will get in trouble.
(b) He is faithful to Creon.
(c) He will be executed.
(d) He is in love with Antigone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
3. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
4. In Part 6, what does Creon say about his quarrel with Antigone over Polynices's body?
5. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)