|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(b) Double the guard detail.
(c) Change nothing.
(d) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A small child's shovel.
(b) A piece of a broken green bowl.
(c) A rotted piece of wood.
(d) A large stick.
3. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Be a father figure toward her.
(b) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Kill her.
4. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He admits that it is the truth.
(b) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(c) He orders the guards to take her away.
(d) He asks her for forgiveness.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Decidedly dolorous.
(b) Dirty and avoidable.
(c) Preening and dispicable.
(d) Clean and inevitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
2. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
3. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
4. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
5. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)