|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) Her sister's love.
(b) The Nurse's hands.
(c) Her lucky charm.
(d) Her mother's cross.
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Chief advisor to the king.
3. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Preparing the medicine tray.
(b) Winding wool.
(c) Dancing merrily.
(d) Scrubbing the nursery.
5. What is Antigone's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
4. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
5. How are Haemon and Creon related?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Haemon and Antigone view Creon's life?
2. What does Creon finally reveal to Antigone in Part 5 that leaves her confused?
3. After learning of Haemon's suicide, Creon's wife takes her life. What does Creon say about those who have died?
4. In Part 2, what does the Nurse and her ministrations represent to Antigone?
5. Do you think Antigone's single-minded efforts to bury her brother are more about her attempts to get attention or gaining respect for her brother?
6. In Part 4, the Chorus highlights the stillness at the heart of tragedy. What is the significance of stillness in the play?
7. Outline the descriptions of the following characters: Antigone, Ismene, Creon, Haemon.
8. What is the purpose of the Chorus in Part 1?
9. What does Creon represent in Part 4?
10. What is represented by Antigone and Haemon's burial?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)