|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
(a) He grabs her arm angrily.
(b) He bribes the guards to keep their mouths shut.
(c) He gapes in disbelief.
(d) He sends the guards away.
2. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
(a) He walks away.
(b) Tells Haemon to stand up straight and face the world head on.
(c) He breaks down and weeps.
(d) Tells Haemon that he has no choice and must accept his fate.
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
(b) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(c) He blames everything on the other guards.
(d) He reminds Creon of his good record.
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone live.
(b) Abdicate the crown.
(c) Put Antigone to death immediately
(d) Let Antigone off with a warning.
5. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(b) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(c) Double the guard detail.
(d) Change nothing.
6. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of Creon's sons.
(b) One of Creon's advisors.
(c) One of the guards.
(d) An significant member of the Chorus.
7. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
8. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she will suffer.
(b) If she can sit down.
(c) If she can speak with Ismene.
(d) If they will let her go.
9. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
(a) Grabs his father's arm and begs one last time.
(b) Tells his father that he will never see him again.
(c) Runs out screaming for Antigone.
(d) Spits in his father's face and curses him.
10. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Talk to Haemon.
(b) Talk to Ismene.
(c) Escape while he is preoccupied.
(d) Die in peace.
11. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
12. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
(a) Her whole world will be destroyed.
(b) He will be exhumed.
(c) She will be arrested and put to death.
(d) His body will be burned uncermoniously.
13. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
(a) If they will now escape punishment.
(b) What will happen to their wives.
(c) Why Antigone did what she did.
(d) If there will be a reward.
14. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
(a) He runs from the palace.
(b) He stands silently and stoically.
(c) He agrees with Creon.
(d) He tries to talk Creon into changing his mind.
15. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
(b) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(c) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
(d) Tells him that he will one day be king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
3. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
4. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
5. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)