|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She refuses to answer.
(b) She says that she has.
(c) She lies.
(d) She spits in Creon's face.
2. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
(a) Get ready to mother Haemon's children.
(b) Tell the Nurse that she will never do it again.
(c) Pack and leave.
(d) Pretend that she never had a brother.
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
(b) He blames everything on the other guards.
(c) He reminds Creon of his good record.
(d) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
4. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brothers.
5. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
(a) Kisses her on the cheek.
(b) Takes her hand and tells her that he must do what he must do.
(c) Twists her arm and threatens to torture her.
(d) Grabs her by her hair and threatens to turn her over to the guards for their version of punishment..
6. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is simple and straightforward.
(b) It is depressing and convoluted.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
7. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why her sister wasn't there.
(b) To whom to deliver the letter.
(c) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(d) To which saint to pray.
8. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Change their assignment.
(b) Have them executed on the spot.
(c) Fire them.
(d) Punish them.
9. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
10. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
(a) He will be exhumed.
(b) His body will be burned uncermoniously.
(c) Her whole world will be destroyed.
(d) She will be arrested and put to death.
11. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(b) Equal treatment.
(d) A proper burial.
12. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Just his feet and legs were buried.
(b) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(c) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
(d) Six feet deep.
13. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
(b) Because she can't be brave forever.
(c) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
14. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
(a) He thinks that she is going to commit suicide.
(b) He wants to tell her that she needs to leave Haemon.
(c) He wants to extract a written promise from her.
(d) He can see that she is not going to her room.
15. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He admits that it is the truth.
(b) He asks her for forgiveness.
(c) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(d) He orders the guards to take her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
2. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
3. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
4. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
5. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)