|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is loyal to her family.
(b) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
(c) She has a point.
(d) She is just a child.
2. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why her sister wasn't there.
(b) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(c) To whom to deliver the letter.
(d) To which saint to pray.
3. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(b) Betrayed by his father.
(c) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(d) Turned into an enemy.
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Clean and inevitable.
(b) Dirty and avoidable.
(c) Decidedly dolorous.
(d) Preening and dispicable.
5. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of the guards.
(b) An significant member of the Chorus.
(c) One of Creon's sons.
(d) One of Creon's advisors.
6. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
(a) Drawn and quartered.
(d) Buried alive.
7. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
(a) Kisses her on the cheek.
(b) Takes her hand and tells her that he must do what he must do.
(c) Twists her arm and threatens to torture her.
(d) Grabs her by her hair and threatens to turn her over to the guards for their version of punishment..
8. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone live.
(b) Put Antigone to death immediately
(c) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(d) Abdicate the crown.
9. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
10. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Be a father figure toward her.
11. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
(a) If they will now escape punishment.
(b) What will happen to their wives.
(c) Why Antigone did what she did.
(d) If there will be a reward.
12. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
(a) If she was willing to apologize for what she did.
(b) If anyone else knew what she was doing.
(c) Why she did what she did.
(d) If she is crazy.
13. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she can speak with Ismene.
(b) If she can sit down.
(c) If she will suffer.
(d) If they will let her go.
14. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Deliver a letter.
(b) Remove her shackles.
(c) Say a prayer for her.
(d) Keep her sister away.
15. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
(a) Rivalries between the officers and guards.
(b) His family.
(c) All the answers are true.
(d) Life in the barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
2. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
4. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
5. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)