|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
(a) Tells his father that he will never see him again.
(b) Spits in his father's face and curses him.
(c) Grabs his father's arm and begs one last time.
(d) Runs out screaming for Antigone.
2. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will live.
(b) He will be forgiven.
(c) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(d) He will keep his job.
3. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If they will let her go.
(b) If she can speak with Ismene.
(c) If she can sit down.
(d) If she will suffer.
4. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of Creon's advisors.
(b) One of the guards.
(c) An significant member of the Chorus.
(d) One of Creon's sons.
5. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(b) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(c) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(d) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
6. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A seeker of justice.
(b) A daughter of Oedipus.
(c) A seeker of truth.
(d) A dictator.
7. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Think carefully before she answers his next question.
(c) Pretend she was ill.
(d) Take some time to think.
8. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is simple and straightforward.
(b) It is uncomfortable.
(c) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(d) It is depressing and convoluted.
9. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Die in peace.
(b) Talk to Ismene.
(c) Escape while he is preoccupied.
(d) Talk to Haemon.
10. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(b) A proper burial.
(c) Equal treatment.
11. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
12. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
(a) He wants to extract a written promise from her.
(b) He can see that she is not going to her room.
(c) He thinks that she is going to commit suicide.
(d) He wants to tell her that she needs to leave Haemon.
13. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
(a) It has been siezed by a neighboring king.
(b) An earthquake has torn down the main tower.
(c) A mob of citizens has broken in.
(d) It has been redecorated in Creon's style.
14. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
(a) She stays silent.
(b) She blames it on the guards.
(c) She admits doing so.
(d) She vehemently denies the accusation.
15. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
(b) She is loyal to her family.
(c) She has a point.
(d) She is just a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
2. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
3. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
4. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
5. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)