|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Mind numbing yet joyous.
(c) Restful because there is no hope.
(d) Sad and disingenuous.
2. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
(a) That fate holds the key, and there is nothing he can do to change it.
(b) That the woman he loves may be deceptive.
(c) That his future is cut in stone.
(d) That his childhood is over.
3. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She says that she has.
(b) She refuses to answer.
(c) She lies.
(d) She spits in Creon's face.
4. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will live.
(b) He will keep his job.
(c) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(d) He will be forgiven.
5. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Turned into an enemy.
(b) Betrayed by his father.
(c) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(d) Mortally wounded.
6. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is loyal to her family.
(b) She is just a child.
(c) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
(d) She has a point.
7. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
(b) Getting tobacco.
(c) Talking to the other guards.
8. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Have them executed on the spot.
(b) Fire them.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Change their assignment.
10. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(b) Execute her.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Bring her something to eat.
11. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By begging.
(b) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
(c) By screaming and crying.
(d) By using her rank as princess.
12. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Dirty and avoidable.
(b) Preening and dispicable.
(c) Clean and inevitable.
(d) Decidedly dolorous.
13. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(b) Change nothing.
(c) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(d) Double the guard detail.
14. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
(a) If she was willing to apologize for what she did.
(b) If she is crazy.
(c) If anyone else knew what she was doing.
(d) Why she did what she did.
15. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Remove her shackles.
(b) Deliver a letter.
(c) Keep her sister away.
(d) Say a prayer for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
2. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
3. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
4. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
5. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)