|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Bring her something to eat.
(b) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(c) Execute her.
(d) Ensure the guards' silence.
2. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(b) Sad for Haemon.
(c) Afraid of dying.
(d) Wishing her mother was with her.
3. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) She becomes confused.
(b) The guards come to take her away.
(c) Jonas stops her.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
4. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Remove her shackles.
(b) Deliver a letter.
(c) Say a prayer for her.
(d) Keep her sister away.
5. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that it is none of his business.
(b) She tells him that he knows.
(c) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
(d) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
6. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
(a) She admits doing so.
(b) She stays silent.
(c) She vehemently denies the accusation.
(d) She blames it on the guards.
7. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Preening and dispicable.
(b) Dirty and avoidable.
(c) Clean and inevitable.
(d) Decidedly dolorous.
8. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Keep her away from Haemon.
(b) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(c) Save her.
(d) Make an example of her.
9. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She refuses to answer.
(b) She spits in Creon's face.
(c) She says that she has.
(d) She lies.
10. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She turns her back on him.
(b) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She tells him that she is not hungry.
11. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is simple and straightforward.
(b) It is depressing and convoluted.
(c) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(d) It is uncomfortable.
12. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
(a) Polynices tried to assassinate him.
(b) He's just an ordinary king doing his job.
(c) He thinks that Polynices is a murderer.
(d) Polynices tried to keep him from being king.
13. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
(a) Keep interlopers out of the courtyard.
(b) Watch over Polynices's body.
(c) Watch over the king's family.
(d) Keep asassins out of the castle.
14. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His authority had to be respected.
(b) He hated Polynices.
(c) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(d) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
15. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
(a) He can see that she is not going to her room.
(b) He thinks that she is going to commit suicide.
(c) He wants to extract a written promise from her.
(d) He wants to tell her that she needs to leave Haemon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antigone leave at the very end of Part 6?
2. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
3. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
4. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
5. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)