|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A daughter of Oedipus.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A seeker of truth.
(d) A seeker of justice.
2. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Be a father figure toward her.
(b) Make her angry.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
3. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(b) He will be forgiven.
(c) He will keep his job.
(d) He will live.
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone live.
(b) Put Antigone to death immediately
(c) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(d) Abdicate the crown.
5. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
(a) They were not leaders fit for the crown.
(b) They killed their father to inherit the throne.
(c) They were heroes, but Creon must find a way to make a point.
(d) They were good brothers to her.
6. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
(a) Think carefully before she answers his next question.
(b) Pretend she was ill.
(c) Take some time to think.
(d) Sit down.
7. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
(a) He wants to tell her that she needs to leave Haemon.
(b) He thinks that she is going to commit suicide.
(c) He wants to extract a written promise from her.
(d) He can see that she is not going to her room.
8. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He asks her for forgiveness.
(b) He orders the guards to take her away.
(c) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(d) He admits that it is the truth.
9. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She has a point.
(b) She is just a child.
(c) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
(d) She is loyal to her family.
10. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
(a) Polynices tried to keep him from being king.
(b) Polynices tried to assassinate him.
(c) He's just an ordinary king doing his job.
(d) He thinks that Polynices is a murderer.
11. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
12. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Die in peace.
(b) Talk to Haemon.
(c) Escape while he is preoccupied.
(d) Talk to Ismene.
13. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
(b) She tells him that he knows.
(c) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
(d) She tells him that it is none of his business.
14. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Wishing her mother was with her.
(b) Sad for Haemon.
(c) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(d) Afraid of dying.
15. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His authority had to be respected.
(b) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(c) He hated Polynices.
(d) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
2. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
3. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
5. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)