|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(a) Equal treatment.
(d) A proper burial.
2. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Wishing her mother was with her.
(b) Sad for Haemon.
(c) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(d) Afraid of dying.
3. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her entire family, living and dead.
4. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
(a) His body will be burned uncermoniously.
(b) He will be exhumed.
(c) Her whole world will be destroyed.
(d) She will be arrested and put to death.
5. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
(b) Just his feet and legs were buried.
(c) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(d) Six feet deep.
6. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(b) Put Antigone to death immediately
(c) Let Antigone live.
(d) Abdicate the crown.
7. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(b) There is no comic relief to be found.
(c) The characters must all die at the end.
(d) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
8. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
(a) He wants to extract a written promise from her.
(b) He wants to tell her that she needs to leave Haemon.
(c) He can see that she is not going to her room.
(d) He thinks that she is going to commit suicide.
9. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
(a) That fate holds the key, and there is nothing he can do to change it.
(b) That his childhood is over.
(c) That his future is cut in stone.
(d) That the woman he loves may be deceptive.
10. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) She breaks down sobbing.
(b) Jonas stops her.
(c) The guards come to take her away.
(d) She becomes confused.
11. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
(a) They drag her.
(b) They carry her.
(c) They shove her.
(d) They walk her.
12. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
(a) Get ready to mother Haemon's children.
(b) Tell the Nurse that she will never do it again.
(c) Pack and leave.
(d) Pretend that she never had a brother.
13. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
(a) In the town common.
(b) In an empty cave.
(c) In the palace courtyard.
(d) At the gallows.
14. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(d) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
15. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
2. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
3. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
4. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
5. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)