|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
(a) Buried alive.
(b) Drawn and quartered.
2. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
(a) They were heroes, but Creon must find a way to make a point.
(b) They were not leaders fit for the crown.
(c) They were good brothers to her.
(d) They killed their father to inherit the throne.
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Double the guard detail.
(b) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(c) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(d) Change nothing.
4. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(b) Execute her.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Bring her something to eat.
5. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
(b) Getting tobacco.
(c) Talking to the other guards.
6. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(b) Restful because there is no hope.
(c) Sad and disingenuous.
(d) Mind numbing yet joyous.
7. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(a) A proper burial.
(b) Equal treatment.
8. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(b) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(c) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(d) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
9. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) To whom to deliver the letter.
(b) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(c) Why her sister wasn't there.
(d) To which saint to pray.
10. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She turns her back on him.
(d) She tells him that she is not hungry.
11. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Save her.
(b) Keep her away from Haemon.
(c) Make an example of her.
(d) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
12. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of Creon's sons.
(b) One of Creon's advisors.
(c) An significant member of the Chorus.
(d) One of the guards.
13. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brothers.
14. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him that he will one day be king.
(b) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(c) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
(d) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
15. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
(a) Being afraid to do his duty.
(b) Being heartless.
(c) Being a puppet to the people of Thebes.
(d) Being a dictator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
2. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
3. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
4. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
5. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)