|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(d) Makes Jonas dizzy.
2. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
(a) Tells his father that he will never see him again.
(b) Runs out screaming for Antigone.
(c) Grabs his father's arm and begs one last time.
(d) Spits in his father's face and curses him.
3. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(b) He will be forgiven.
(c) He will live.
(d) He will keep his job.
4. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
(a) Take some time to think.
(b) Pretend she was ill.
(c) Think carefully before she answers his next question.
(d) Sit down.
5. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Bring her something to eat.
(b) Execute her.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Keep the truth from Haemon.
6. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She was born to die this way.
(b) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
(c) She is an unrepentant fool.
(d) She is a threat to his authority.
7. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A seeker of truth.
(b) A seeker of justice.
(c) A daughter of Oedipus.
(d) A dictator.
8. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her entire family, living and dead.
9. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she can't be brave forever.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
(c) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(d) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
10. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
(b) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
(c) She tells him that he knows.
(d) She tells him that it is none of his business.
11. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She tells him that she is not hungry.
(b) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
(c) She turns her back on him.
(d) She begins to cry.
12. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Change nothing.
(b) Double the guard detail.
(c) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(d) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
13. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
(a) He gapes in disbelief.
(b) He grabs her arm angrily.
(c) He sends the guards away.
(d) He bribes the guards to keep their mouths shut.
14. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) She breaks down sobbing.
(b) The guards come to take her away.
(c) She becomes confused.
(d) Jonas stops her.
15. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Six feet deep.
(b) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(c) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
(d) Just his feet and legs were buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
2. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
3. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
4. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
5. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)