|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brothers.
2. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him that he will one day be king.
(b) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
(c) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(d) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Change nothing.
(b) Double the guard detail.
(c) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(d) Have the guards shoot to kill.
4. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(b) Stands stoically and agrees.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
5. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
(a) He will get in trouble.
(b) He will be executed.
(c) He is faithful to Creon.
(d) He is in love with Antigone.
6. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will keep his job.
(b) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(c) He will be forgiven.
(d) He will live.
7. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
(a) That it deters grave robbers.
(b) That it is something that all heroes deserve.
(c) That its various components are beyond comprehension.
(d) That it is meaningless.
8. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) To which saint to pray.
(b) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(c) To whom to deliver the letter.
(d) Why her sister wasn't there.
9. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
10. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
(a) They killed their father to inherit the throne.
(b) They were not leaders fit for the crown.
(c) They were heroes, but Creon must find a way to make a point.
(d) They were good brothers to her.
11. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
(a) She lies.
(b) She says that she has.
(c) She spits in Creon's face.
(d) She refuses to answer.
12. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Just his feet and legs were buried.
(b) Six feet deep.
(c) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(d) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
13. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A daughter of Oedipus.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A seeker of justice.
(d) A seeker of truth.
14. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
(b) Drawn and quartered.
(c) Buried alive.
15. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Talk to Haemon.
(b) Talk to Ismene.
(c) Die in peace.
(d) Escape while he is preoccupied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
2. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
3. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
4. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
5. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)