|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Talk to Ismene.
(b) Talk to Haemon.
(c) Die in peace.
(d) Escape while he is preoccupied.
2. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Fire them.
(b) Have them executed on the spot.
(c) Punish them.
(d) Change their assignment.
3. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
(a) Pretend that she never had a brother.
(b) Tell the Nurse that she will never do it again.
(c) Pack and leave.
(d) Get ready to mother Haemon's children.
4. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Make an example of her.
(b) Save her.
(c) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(d) Keep her away from Haemon.
5. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
(a) If she was willing to apologize for what she did.
(b) If she is crazy.
(c) If anyone else knew what she was doing.
(d) Why she did what she did.
6. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Afraid of dying.
(b) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(c) Sad for Haemon.
(d) Wishing her mother was with her.
7. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) She breaks down sobbing.
(b) The guards come to take her away.
(c) Jonas stops her.
(d) She becomes confused.
8. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
(a) In the palace courtyard.
(b) In an empty cave.
(c) In the town common.
(d) At the gallows.
9. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
(a) Grabs her by her hair and threatens to turn her over to the guards for their version of punishment..
(b) Kisses her on the cheek.
(c) Takes her hand and tells her that he must do what he must do.
(d) Twists her arm and threatens to torture her.
10. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
(b) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(c) Tells him that he will one day be king.
(d) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
11. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(b) Bring her something to eat.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Execute her.
12. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
(a) They were good brothers to her.
(b) They were heroes, but Creon must find a way to make a point.
(c) They were not leaders fit for the crown.
(d) They killed their father to inherit the throne.
13. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
(a) If there will be a reward.
(b) If they will now escape punishment.
(c) What will happen to their wives.
(d) Why Antigone did what she did.
14. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
(b) Her entire family, living and dead.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
15. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she will suffer.
(b) If she can sit down.
(c) If they will let her go.
(d) If she can speak with Ismene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
2. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
3. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
4. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
5. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)