|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Watch; watched.
(b) Forget; forgot.
(c) Love; loved.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
2. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
(a) Driving snow.
(b) Pounding rain.
(c) Broad daylight.
(d) Smothering midnight.
3. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
4. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
5. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) Their father has them executed.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) They are both asassinated.
(d) They kill each other.
6. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not respecting her.
(b) For not having any common sense.
(c) For making too much noise.
(d) For rising so early.
7. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
8. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Laughed at Antigone.
(b) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
(c) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
(d) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
9. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
10. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their pets' names.
(b) Their current state of health.
(c) Their eventual fates.
(d) Their date of birth.
11. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Practicing her lines.
(c) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(d) Looking for her husband's socks.
12. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he wants to marry someone else.
(b) If he loves her.
(c) If he wants a dog.
(d) If he knows her favorite color.
13. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A middle-aged courtier.
(b) A special family member.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young, fresh faced maiden.
14. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
15. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(c) Ismene's jewelry.
(d) Ismene's dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
3. Who is Oedipus?
4. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
5. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)