|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
(b) Stop crying.
(d) Kneel at her feet.
2. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Her knitting.
(c) Coffee and toast.
(d) A gallant friend.
3. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To treat her dog well.
(b) To close the door on her way out.
(c) To bring her toast and jam.
(d) To take care of Ismene.
4. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(b) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(c) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
5. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their date of birth.
(b) Their pets' names.
(c) Their current state of health.
(d) Their eventual fates.
6. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The brave.
(c) The foolhardy.
(d) The cowards.
7. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
(a) To never marry another woman.
(b) That when she's finished saying what she has to say, he will walk away withough looking back.
(c) To love her as long as she is alive.
(d) To take her with him when he goes away to war.
8. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
9. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) Three soldiers.
(c) The King.
(d) The Messenger.
10. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Bury Polynices.
(c) Run away.
11. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
12. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
(a) Tried to seduce him.
(b) Sent another woman in her place to see if Haemon would slip.
(c) Dressed in Ismenes clothes and makeup.
(d) Wrote hm a love letter.
13. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(b) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creon is Haemon's brother.
14. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
15. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
(a) Much work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
2. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
3. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
4. Who is Oedipus?
5. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)