|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Bond with; bonded with.
(b) Love; loved.
(c) Watch; watched.
(d) Forget; forgot.
2. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
(b) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(b) Stalks out of the room.
(d) Screams in anger.
4. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) Some of the play's background.
(b) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(c) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(d) The author's intent in writing the play.
5. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's dress.
(b) Ismene's jewelry.
(c) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
6. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
7. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not having any common sense.
(b) For making too much noise.
(c) For not respecting her.
(d) For rising so early.
8. What was Creon's former occupation?
(b) Chief advisor to the king.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Servant to the king's advisor.
9. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) A quiet, shy girl.
(c) A happy, laughing girl.
(d) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
10. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(b) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
11. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To treat her dog well.
(b) To take care of Ismene.
(c) To close the door on her way out.
(d) To bring her toast and jam.
12. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
13. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(b) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(c) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(d) He is shy.
14. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
(a) That when she's finished saying what she has to say, he will walk away withough looking back.
(b) To never marry another woman.
(c) To love her as long as she is alive.
(d) To take her with him when he goes away to war.
15. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She bangs the door open and runs in.
(b) She strides in angrily.
(c) She creeps in.
(d) She slips in through the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
3. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)