|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(a) Commit suicide.
(c) Marry her right away.
(d) Give her the money she needs.
2. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
3. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Talk Antigone out of it.
(b) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(c) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(d) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
4. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She creeps in.
(b) She bangs the door open and runs in.
(c) She strides in angrily.
(d) She slips in through the window.
5. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) The Nurse's hands.
(b) Her lucky charm.
(c) Her sister's love.
(d) Her mother's cross.
6. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(b) An army of hundreds.
(c) A wooden cart full of straw.
(d) A strong, black stallion.
7. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(b) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
(c) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(d) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
8. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
(a) Pounding rain.
(b) Broad daylight.
(c) Driving snow.
(d) Smothering midnight.
9. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A special family member.
(b) A middle-aged courtier.
(c) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(d) An old woman.
10. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he loves her.
(b) If he knows her favorite color.
(c) If he wants a dog.
(d) If he wants to marry someone else.
11. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Screams in anger.
(d) Stalks out of the room.
12. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That the rain would stop.
(b) That her beloved was rich.
(c) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(d) That she didn't have to die soon.
13. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Stares at him angrily.
(b) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
14. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The author's intent in writing the play.
(b) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(c) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(d) Some of the play's background.
15. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Page Boy.
(c) The Fiance.
(d) The Ignominious One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's occupation?
2. Who is Oedipus?
3. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
4. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
5. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)