Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(d) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
2. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Behave willfully.
(b) Run in the wind.
(c) Go out without a chaperone.
(d) Marry for love.
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) A happy, laughing girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
4. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
5. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(b) Practicing her lines.
(c) Looking for her husband's socks.
6. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Polynices would be named king.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(d) They would rule in alternate years.
7. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Openly admits where she was.
(b) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
(c) Falls to the floor weeping.
(d) Denies all accusations.
8. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They kill each other.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) Their father has them executed.
(d) They are both asassinated.
9. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) An army of hundreds.
(b) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(c) A wooden cart full of straw.
(d) A strong, black stallion.
10. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
11. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
12. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) An angel.
(b) A bright, blond woman.
(c) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
13. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Stalks out of the room.
(b) Screams in anger.
14. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
15. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
3. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
4. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
5. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)