|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
(a) Pounding rain.
(b) Smothering midnight.
(c) Driving snow.
(d) Broad daylight.
2. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(b) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(c) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(d) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(b) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(c) The author's intent in writing the play.
(d) Some of the play's background.
4. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
5. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(b) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(c) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(d) Talk Antigone out of it.
6. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Marry for love.
(b) Run in the wind.
(c) Behave willfully.
(d) Go out without a chaperone.
7. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(a) Worms and mud.
(d) Rotten apples.
8. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Sons of King Oedipus.
(b) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(c) Antigone's brothers.
(d) All answers are correct.
9. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) Delay the inevitable.
(b) Go to the castle without assistance.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
10. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That her beloved was rich.
(b) That she didn't have to die soon.
(c) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(d) That the rain would stop.
11. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Dour and sapid.
(c) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(d) Adventurous and fickle.
12. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Stalks out of the room.
(b) Screams in anger.
13. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Openly admits where she was.
(b) Falls to the floor weeping.
(c) Denies all accusations.
(d) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
14. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A special family member.
(b) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A middle-aged courtier.
15. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Bond with; bonded with.
(b) Forget; forgot.
(c) Love; loved.
(d) Watch; watched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
2. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
3. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
4. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
5. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)