|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Bold and brave.
(b) Young and beautiful.
(c) Her hero.
(d) Careless and unhappy.
2. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(b) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
3. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(a) Bury Polynices.
(b) Run away.
(c) Kill herself.
4. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A special family member.
(c) A middle-aged courtier.
(d) A young, fresh faced maiden.
5. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A cruel sister.
(c) A naughty brat.
6. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is never found.
(b) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
7. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To close the door on her way out.
(b) To bring her toast and jam.
(c) To take care of Ismene.
(d) To treat her dog well.
8. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(b) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(c) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(d) He is shy.
9. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(d) Stares at him angrily.
10. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Fiance.
(b) The Ignominious One.
(c) The Page Boy.
(d) The Messenger.
11. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
(a) That when she's finished saying what she has to say, he will walk away withough looking back.
(b) To never marry another woman.
(c) To love her as long as she is alive.
(d) To take her with him when he goes away to war.
12. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
13. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
(b) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
(c) Laughed at Antigone.
(d) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
14. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(b) Hard labor.
15. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) Polynices would be named king.
(d) They would go to war against Macedonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
3. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
4. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
5. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)