|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he knows her favorite color.
(b) If he wants to marry someone else.
(c) If he loves her.
(d) If he wants a dog.
2. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He kills his sons in a rage.
(b) He dies.
(c) He attends a council meeting.
(d) He flees the city.
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A bright, blond woman.
(b) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(c) An angel.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
4. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Pretending she is alone.
(b) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
5. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(b) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(c) Talk Antigone out of it.
(d) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
6. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Ismene's dress.
(d) Ismene's jewelry.
7. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(c) It is never found.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
8. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
9. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her chores.
(c) Her beauty sleep.
(d) Her breakfast.
10. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) It is her turn to kill herself.
(b) The bell tolls.
(c) She finds the socks.
(d) She hears her husband's call.
11. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their date of birth.
(c) Their pets' names.
(d) Their eventual fates.
12. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(a) Run away.
(b) Bury Polynices.
(c) Kill herself.
13. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
14. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Her knitting.
(c) Coffee and toast.
(d) A gallant friend.
15. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
(b) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
3. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
5. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)