|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
(a) A little girl.
(c) A cruel sister.
(d) A naughty brat.
2. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Watch; watched.
(b) Forget; forgot.
(c) Love; loved.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
3. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To treat her dog well.
(b) To take care of Ismene.
(c) To close the door on her way out.
(d) To bring her toast and jam.
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
5. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Calling him a weakling.
(b) Breaking his watch.
(c) Leaving before lunch.
(d) Their quarrel the previous night.
6. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(c) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(d) Hard labor.
7. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Ignominious One.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Fiance.
(d) The Page Boy.
8. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
9. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) A gallant friend.
(b) Coffee and toast.
(d) Her knitting.
10. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) An army of hundreds.
(c) A strong, black stallion.
(d) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
11. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
(a) To never marry another woman.
(b) To take her with him when he goes away to war.
(c) To love her as long as she is alive.
(d) That when she's finished saying what she has to say, he will walk away withough looking back.
12. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) Ismene's dress.
(c) Ismene's jewelry.
(d) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
13. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A happy, laughing girl.
(c) A quiet, shy girl.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
14. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(b) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
15. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
(d) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
2. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
4. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
5. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)