|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) Court messenger.
(b) The king's treasurer.
(c) King of Thebes.
2. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
3. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He flees the city.
(b) He attends a council meeting.
(c) He kills his sons in a rage.
(d) He dies.
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(b) The Chorus.
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(b) He is shy.
(c) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(d) He is listening intently to the conversation.
6. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(a) Marry her right away.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Give her the money she needs.
7. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Go out without a chaperone.
(b) Behave willfully.
(c) Run in the wind.
(d) Marry for love.
8. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
9. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) The weight of the world.
(c) Her suitcase.
(d) A large knife.
10. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Attending lessons without permission.
(b) Painting in the garden.
(c) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(d) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
11. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Scrubbing the nursery.
(b) Preparing the medicine tray.
(c) Winding wool.
(d) Dancing merrily.
12. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
13. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(d) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
14. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To close the door on her way out.
(b) To bring her toast and jam.
(c) To take care of Ismene.
(d) To treat her dog well.
15. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(d) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
2. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
3. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
4. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
5. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)