|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Forget; forgot.
(b) Watch; watched.
(c) Love; loved.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
2. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(c) The Chorus.
3. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
(c) Her mother's ghost.
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Dancing merrily.
(b) Scrubbing the nursery.
(c) Preparing the medicine tray.
(d) Winding wool.
5. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
(b) The dog.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
6. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(b) Give her the money she needs.
(c) Marry her right away.
(d) Commit suicide.
7. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(b) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(c) Pretending she is alone.
(d) Lamenting her eventual fate.
8. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(b) Stalks out of the room.
(d) Screams in anger.
9. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The foolhardy.
(b) The brave.
(d) The cowards.
10. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
11. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She hears her husband's call.
(b) The bell tolls.
(c) She finds the socks.
(d) It is her turn to kill herself.
12. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
(a) Tried to seduce him.
(b) Wrote hm a love letter.
(c) Dressed in Ismenes clothes and makeup.
(d) Sent another woman in her place to see if Haemon would slip.
13. Who is Oedipus?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) Creon's father.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) A lonley old beggar.
14. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Adventurous and fickle.
(b) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(c) Dour and sapid.
(d) Fun loving and sport loving.
15. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(b) Her "second mother."
(c) Her "sweet red apple."
(d) She doesn't have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
2. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
3. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
4. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)