|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
2. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The author's intent in writing the play.
(b) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(c) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(d) Some of the play's background.
4. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He dies.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He attends a council meeting.
(d) He flees the city.
5. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
6. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
7. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Love; loved.
(b) Bond with; bonded with.
(c) Forget; forgot.
(d) Watch; watched.
8. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(a) Give her the money she needs.
(b) Commit suicide.
(d) Marry her right away.
9. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Stop crying.
(c) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
(d) Kneel at her feet.
10. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(b) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(c) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(d) Creon is Haemon's father.
11. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(c) A heavy fine and incarceration.
12. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She hears her husband's call.
(b) It is her turn to kill herself.
(c) The bell tolls.
(d) She finds the socks.
13. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(d) The Chorus.
14. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(c) It is never found.
(d) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
15. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
(a) To take her with him when he goes away to war.
(b) To love her as long as she is alive.
(c) That when she's finished saying what she has to say, he will walk away withough looking back.
(d) To never marry another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
2. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
4. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
5. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)