|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
(c) Her mother's ghost.
2. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
(a) Wrote hm a love letter.
(b) Tried to seduce him.
(c) Dressed in Ismenes clothes and makeup.
(d) Sent another woman in her place to see if Haemon would slip.
3. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their pets' names.
(b) Their current state of health.
(c) Their eventual fates.
(d) Their date of birth.
4. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(b) Her "sweet red apple."
(c) Her "second mother."
(d) She doesn't have one.
5. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Bond with; bonded with.
(b) Forget; forgot.
(c) Watch; watched.
(d) Love; loved.
6. What is Creon's occupation?
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Court messenger.
(d) The king's treasurer.
7. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
(a) Her breakfast.
(b) Her chores.
(c) Her beauty sleep.
(d) Her prayers.
8. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Her hero.
(b) Careless and unhappy.
(c) Bold and brave.
(d) Young and beautiful.
9. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(b) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(c) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(d) Talk Antigone out of it.
10. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Leaving before lunch.
(b) Calling him a weakling.
(c) Breaking his watch.
(d) Their quarrel the previous night.
11. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Dour and sapid.
(c) Adventurous and fickle.
(d) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
12. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
13. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
14. What is Antigone's sister's name?
15. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
(c) Delay the inevitable.
(d) Go to the castle without assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
2. How are Haemon and Creon related?
3. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
5. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)