|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Their quarrel the previous night.
(b) Leaving before lunch.
(c) Calling him a weakling.
(d) Breaking his watch.
2. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
3. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
4. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's jewelry.
(b) Ismene's dress.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
5. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
(a) Much work.
6. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill herself.
(d) Bury Polynices.
7. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(c) Stalks out of the room.
(d) Screams in anger.
8. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(b) The King.
(c) Three soldiers.
(d) The Messenger.
9. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) An angel.
(c) A bright, blond woman.
(d) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
10. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
11. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
(b) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) That Antigone was raised carefully.
12. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) It is never found.
(c) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
13. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She creeps in.
(b) She bangs the door open and runs in.
(c) She strides in angrily.
(d) She slips in through the window.
14. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
15. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) Her mother's cross.
(b) The Nurse's hands.
(c) Her lucky charm.
(d) Her sister's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
3. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
4. What is Antigone's sister's name?
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)