|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Calling him a weakling.
(b) Leaving before lunch.
(c) Breaking his watch.
(d) Their quarrel the previous night.
2. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Keep her away from Haemon.
(b) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(c) Save her.
(d) Make an example of her.
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The King.
(b) Three soldiers.
(d) The Messenger.
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(c) A heavy fine and incarceration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
2. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
3. Ismene reminds Antigone that Polynices was more of a ___________ to them.
4. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
5. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)