|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Creon at the end of Part 7?
(a) In his own private purgatory.
(b) In the palace courtyard.
(c) At his family's crypt.
(d) In the empty palace.
2. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(c) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
(d) That Antigone is different from her sister.
3. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Escape while he is preoccupied.
(b) Talk to Ismene.
(c) Die in peace.
(d) Talk to Haemon.
4. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Kneel at her feet.
(c) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
(d) Stop crying.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Preening and dispicable.
(b) Clean and inevitable.
(c) Decidedly dolorous.
(d) Dirty and avoidable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
2. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
3. What does Creon say after he tells the Chorus about Antigone's and Haemon's burials?
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)