|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is loyal to her family.
(b) She has a point.
(c) She is just a child.
(d) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
2. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Antigone's brothers.
(b) Sons of King Oedipus.
(c) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(b) Screams in anger.
(d) Stalks out of the room.
4. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) Polynices would be named king.
(d) They would go to war against Macedonia.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) The characters must all die at the end.
(b) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(c) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(d) There is no comic relief to be found.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
2. What do the guards do at the end of Part 7?
3. In Part 7, after the Chorus's announcement, who enters the scene?
4. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
5. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)