|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(b) His authority had to be respected.
(c) He hated Polynices.
(d) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
2. Ismene reminds Antigone that Polynices was more of a ___________ to them.
(b) None of the answers are true.
(d) Good friend.
3. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) Polynices would be named king.
(c) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(d) Eteocles would be named king.
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That her beloved was rich.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That she didn't have to die soon.
(d) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
5. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(b) Her "second mother."
(c) Her "sweet red apple."
(d) She doesn't have one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
2. What do the guards do at the end of Part 7?
3. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
4. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)