|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Change nothing.
(b) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(c) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(d) Double the guard detail.
2. How does Haemon kill himself?
(a) By drinking poison.
(b) By hanging himself.
(c) By drowning himself.
(d) With his sword.
3. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
4. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(b) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(c) She leaves the room angrily.
(d) She disagrees and begins to pack.
5. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her sister's fiance.
(d) He is her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
2. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
3. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
4. After Creon leaves, what does the Chorus say has settled on Thebes?
5. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)