|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) A gallant friend.
(b) Her knitting.
(d) Coffee and toast.
2. Where does Creon go after the clock chimes?
(a) To bury his wife's body.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) A council meeting.
(d) To his room.
3. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
(a) He stands silently and stoically.
(b) He tries to talk Creon into changing his mind.
(c) He runs from the palace.
(d) He agrees with Creon.
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(b) Abdicate the crown.
(c) Let Antigone live.
(d) Put Antigone to death immediately
5. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) It is never found.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
2. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
4. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
5. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)