|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's dress.
(b) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(c) Ismene's jewelry.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
2. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(b) Betrayed by his father.
(c) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(d) Turned into an enemy.
3. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) A gallant friend.
(c) Her knitting.
(d) Coffee and toast.
4. What do the guards do at the end of Part 7?
(a) Drag Creon's body to the courtyard.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Execute someone.
(d) Bury Creon's wife.
5. What does the Chorus say about the living in Part 7?
(a) They are getting on with their lives.
(b) They will never recover.
(c) They are mourning the dead.
(d) They are sleeping peacefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
2. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
3. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
4. How are Haemon and Creon related?
5. What is Creon's occupation?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)