|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) The guards come to take her away.
(b) Jonas stops her.
(c) She becomes confused.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
2. Ismene reminds Antigone that Polynices was more of a ___________ to them.
(a) None of the answers are true.
(d) Good friend.
3. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Turned into an enemy.
(b) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(c) Betrayed by his father.
(d) Mortally wounded.
4. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
(a) Have them executed on the spot.
(b) Change their assignment.
(c) Fire them.
(d) Punish them.
5. In Part 5, what does Creon say about the ritual of burial?
(a) That it is something that all heroes deserve.
(b) That its various components are beyond comprehension.
(c) That it is meaningless.
(d) That it deters grave robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Creon's wife eventually die?
2. In Part 7, the Chorus rushes in and makes two announcements. What is one of them?
3. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
4. What is Creon's occupation?
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)