|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say after he tells the Chorus about Antigone's and Haemon's burials?
(a) "It is a tragedy."
(b) "It is never over."
(c) "I am through."
(d) "It is over."
2. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
(a) Tells Haemon that he has no choice and must accept his fate.
(b) Tells Haemon to stand up straight and face the world head on.
(c) He breaks down and weeps.
(d) He walks away.
3. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A large stick.
(b) A piece of a broken green bowl.
(c) A rotted piece of wood.
(d) A small child's shovel.
4. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(b) A heavy fine and incarceration.
5. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If they will let her go.
(b) If she can sit down.
(c) If she can speak with Ismene.
(d) If she will suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
2. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
3. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
4. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
5. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)