|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
(a) Kisses her on the cheek.
(b) Twists her arm and threatens to torture her.
(c) Takes her hand and tells her that he must do what he must do.
(d) Grabs her by her hair and threatens to turn her over to the guards for their version of punishment..
2. The Chorus rushes in and makes two announcements in Part 7. What is one of them?
(a) Antigone will haunt Creon.
(b) Soon it will be Creon's turn.
(c) There will be no forgiveness for Creon.
(d) The city of Thebes will fall.
3. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
(a) Polynices tried to assassinate him.
(b) Polynices tried to keep him from being king.
(c) He's just an ordinary king doing his job.
(d) He thinks that Polynices is a murderer.
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Stalks out of the room.
(b) Screams in anger.
5. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(b) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(c) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(d) Talk Antigone out of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
2. What does Creon say after he tells the Chorus about Antigone's and Haemon's burials?
3. What do the guards do at the end of Part 7?
4. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
5. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)