|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
(a) A naughty brat.
(b) A cruel sister.
(c) A little girl.
2. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
3. In Part 7, what did Creon do in response to what happened at Antigone's execution?
(a) Dried his tears and stood stoically.
(b) Had Ismene's body dragged away.
(c) Ran to the palace for cover.
(d) Had the stones removed.
4. In Part 7, the Chorus rushes in and makes two announcements. What is one of them?
(a) Antigone is dead.
(b) Antigone has escaped.
(c) Creon has pardoned Antigone.
(d) The citizens of Thebes insisted Antigone be freed.
5. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
(a) He grabs her arm angrily.
(b) He sends the guards away.
(c) He gapes in disbelief.
(d) He bribes the guards to keep their mouths shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
2. Once Creon finds out about his wife's death, he says that the dead are asleep and ___________________________.
3. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
4. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
5. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)