|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Antigone's brothers.
(b) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(c) Sons of King Oedipus.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A bright, blond woman.
(b) An angel.
(c) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
3. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
(a) A fair king.
(b) The best king that Thebes could have.
(c) A strong, faithful man.
(d) The loving father he knew as a child.
4. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(b) Why her sister wasn't there.
(c) To whom to deliver the letter.
(d) To which saint to pray.
5. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) A man with no destiny.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Creon's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say after he tells the Chorus about Antigone's and Haemon's burials?
2. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
3. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
4. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
5. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)