|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
(b) She tells him that he knows.
(c) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
(d) She tells him that it is none of his business.
2. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
(a) That fate holds the key, and there is nothing he can do to change it.
(b) That the woman he loves may be deceptive.
(c) That his future is cut in stone.
(d) That his childhood is over.
3. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(b) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(c) His authority had to be respected.
(d) He hated Polynices.
4. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For making too much noise.
(b) For not respecting her.
(c) For not having any common sense.
(d) For rising so early.
5. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
(b) Tells him that he will one day be king.
(c) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(d) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
2. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
3. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
4. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
5. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)