|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Forget; forgot.
(b) Bond with; bonded with.
(c) Love; loved.
(d) Watch; watched.
2. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
(a) Tells him to forget Antigone.
(b) Tells him that he will one day be king.
(c) Tells him to talk to Antigone.
(d) Tells him to marry Ismene instead.
3. What does Creon tell Antigone to do upon her response to his first question in Part 5?
(a) Take some time to think.
(b) Sit down.
(c) Think carefully before she answers his next question.
(d) Pretend she was ill.
4. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is a threat to his authority.
(b) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
(c) She was born to die this way.
(d) She is an unrepentant fool.
5. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(b) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creon is Haemon's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
2. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
3. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)