|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To close the door on her way out.
(b) To bring her toast and jam.
(c) To take care of Ismene.
(d) To treat her dog well.
2. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Talk to Ismene.
(b) Talk to Haemon.
(c) Die in peace.
(d) Escape while he is preoccupied.
3. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
(a) Being afraid to do his duty.
(b) Being a puppet to the people of Thebes.
(c) Being a dictator.
(d) Being heartless.
4. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(c) It is never found.
(d) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(b) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(d) Hard labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
2. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
3. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
4. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
5. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)