|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Shout loudly about what death represents.
(b) Divide and conquer.
(c) Defend the righteous characters.
(d) Cry and wail in sorrow.
2. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
(a) She is Oedipus's daughter and his son's fiancee.
(b) She is not thinking.
(c) She is stubborn.
(d) She is becoming proud.
3. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He attends a council meeting.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He flees the city.
(d) He dies.
4. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Forget; forgot.
(b) Love; loved.
(c) Watch; watched.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
5. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Calling him a weakling.
(b) Their quarrel the previous night.
(c) Leaving before lunch.
(d) Breaking his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
3. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
4. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
5. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)