|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(a) Commit suicide.
(c) Give her the money she needs.
(d) Marry her right away.
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(b) King of Thebes.
(d) Chief advisor to the king.
3. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A man with no destiny.
(b) Creon's father.
(c) A lonley old beggar.
(d) King of Thebes.
4. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
(a) If there will be a reward.
(b) Why Antigone did what she did.
(c) What will happen to their wives.
(d) If they will now escape punishment.
5. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Dour and sapid.
(b) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(c) Fun loving and sport loving.
(d) Adventurous and fickle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
2. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
3. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
4. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
5. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)