|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
(a) He walks away.
(b) Tells Haemon that he has no choice and must accept his fate.
(c) Tells Haemon to stand up straight and face the world head on.
(d) He breaks down and weeps.
2. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
(a) After Ismene gets to the palace.
(b) When they take her to be executed.
(c) After she is dead.
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Preening and dispicable.
(b) Decidedly dolorous.
(c) Clean and inevitable.
(d) Dirty and avoidable.
4. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
5. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
2. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
3. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
4. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
5. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)