|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(b) Bury Polynices.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Run away.
2. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
(a) To ignore the dog.
(b) To give the dog away.
(c) To put the dog down.
(d) To take the dog home with her.
3. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why her sister wasn't there.
(b) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(c) To whom to deliver the letter.
(d) To which saint to pray.
4. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Stands stoically and agrees.
(b) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(c) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(d) Runs away.
5. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(b) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(c) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(d) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
3. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)