|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She finds the socks.
(b) It is her turn to kill herself.
(c) The bell tolls.
(d) She hears her husband's call.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Pretending she is alone.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
3. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
(a) Keep interlopers out of the courtyard.
(b) Watch over Polynices's body.
(c) Keep asassins out of the castle.
(d) Watch over the king's family.
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Looking for her husband's socks.
(c) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(d) Practicing her lines.
5. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By begging.
(b) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
(c) By screaming and crying.
(d) By using her rank as princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
2. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
3. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
4. Who is Oedipus?
5. In Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she should go home and do what?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)