|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Chief advisor to the king.
2. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Betrayed by his father.
(b) Turned into an enemy.
(c) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(d) Mortally wounded.
3. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
(a) Make her angry.
(b) Cause her and Haemon to break up.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Be a father figure toward her.
4. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her cousin.
5. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A piece of a broken green bowl.
(b) A large stick.
(c) A small child's shovel.
(d) A rotted piece of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
2. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
3. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
4. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
5. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)