|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is never found.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
2. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Breaking his watch.
(b) Their quarrel the previous night.
(c) Leaving before lunch.
(d) Calling him a weakling.
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Mind numbing yet joyous.
(c) Restful because there is no hope.
(d) Sad and disingenuous.
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(b) The Chorus.
5. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(c) A special family member.
(d) A middle-aged courtier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
4. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
5. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)