|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their pets' names.
(c) Their eventual fates.
(d) Their date of birth.
2. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To close the door on her way out.
(b) To treat her dog well.
(c) To take care of Ismene.
(d) To bring her toast and jam.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Painting in the garden.
(b) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(c) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(d) Attending lessons without permission.
4. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
(b) The Nurse.
5. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why her sister wasn't there.
(b) To which saint to pray.
(c) To whom to deliver the letter.
(d) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
2. What is distinctive about the item Antigone uses to bury Polynices?
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
4. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
5. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)