|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is an unrepentant fool.
(b) She is a threat to his authority.
(c) She was born to die this way.
(d) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
2. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Denies all accusations.
(b) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
(c) Falls to the floor weeping.
(d) Openly admits where she was.
3. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
(a) To give the dog away.
(b) To take the dog home with her.
(c) To ignore the dog.
(d) To put the dog down.
4. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Bring her something to eat.
(b) Execute her.
(c) Ensure the guards' silence.
(d) Keep the truth from Haemon.
5. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Keep her away from Haemon.
(b) Save her.
(c) Make an example of her.
(d) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
2. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
3. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
4. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
5. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)