|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(c) The dog.
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A rotted piece of wood.
(b) A small child's shovel.
(c) A large stick.
(d) A piece of a broken green bowl.
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Change nothing.
(b) Double the guard detail.
(c) Have the guards shoot to kill.
(d) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
4. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) The bell tolls.
(b) She finds the socks.
(c) She hears her husband's call.
(d) It is her turn to kill herself.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Decidedly dolorous.
(b) Dirty and avoidable.
(c) Preening and dispicable.
(d) Clean and inevitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
2. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
5. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)