|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone asks how she will be executed. What is the answer?
(a) Buried alive.
(b) Drawn and quartered.
2. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(b) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(d) Stares at him angrily.
3. What does Antigone do in response to Creon's promise in Part 5?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She tells him that she is not hungry.
(c) She tells him that it doesn't matter because she will just do it again.
(d) She turns her back on him.
4. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To treat her dog well.
(b) To take care of Ismene.
(c) To bring her toast and jam.
(d) To close the door on her way out.
5. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He asks her for forgiveness.
(b) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(c) He orders the guards to take her away.
(d) He admits that it is the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
3. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
4. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
5. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)