|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Her knitting.
(b) A gallant friend.
(d) Coffee and toast.
2. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Antigone's brothers.
(b) Sons of King Oedipus.
(c) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Run in the wind.
(b) Marry for love.
(c) Behave willfully.
(d) Go out without a chaperone.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is depressing and convoluted.
(b) It is uncomfortable.
(c) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(d) It is simple and straightforward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
2. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
4. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
5. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)