|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(b) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(c) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(d) Talk Antigone out of it.
2. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(b) A special family member.
(c) A middle-aged courtier.
(d) An old woman.
3. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His authority had to be respected.
(b) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(c) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(d) He hated Polynices.
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(b) The Messenger.
(c) Three soldiers.
(d) The King.
5. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Looking for her husband's socks.
(b) Practicing her lines.
(d) Brushing her daughter's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
2. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
3. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
4. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
5. In Part 5, for whom does Antigone say she must bury Polynices?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)