|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A piece of a broken green bowl.
(b) A small child's shovel.
(c) A large stick.
(d) A rotted piece of wood.
2. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
(a) She is not thinking.
(b) She is Oedipus's daughter and his son's fiancee.
(c) She is becoming proud.
(d) She is stubborn.
3. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
(b) She tells him that it is none of his business.
(c) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
(d) She tells him that he knows.
4. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
5. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
(a) His body will be burned uncermoniously.
(b) He will be exhumed.
(c) She will be arrested and put to death.
(d) Her whole world will be destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
2. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
3. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
4. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
5. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)