|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
(c) Because she can't be brave forever.
(d) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
2. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
(a) They drag her.
(b) They carry her.
(c) They shove her.
(d) They walk her.
3. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Antigone's brothers.
(b) Sons of King Oedipus.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
4. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Swear his undying love.
(d) Give her a ring.
5. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By using her rank as princess.
(b) By begging.
(c) By screaming and crying.
(d) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
2. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
3. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
4. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
5. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)