|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
(a) Her mother's ghost.
2. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
(a) To ignore the dog.
(b) To put the dog down.
(c) To take the dog home with her.
(d) To give the dog away.
3. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(b) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
4. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
(a) Because she can't marry him.
(b) Because she wants him to know everything.
(c) Because she wants him to know the truth.
(d) Because she wants to get married right away.
5. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Shout loudly about what death represents.
(b) Defend the righteous characters.
(c) Divide and conquer.
(d) Cry and wail in sorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
3. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
4. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
5. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)