|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is simple and straightforward.
(b) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(c) It is uncomfortable.
(d) It is depressing and convoluted.
2. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
(a) Polynices tried to assassinate him.
(b) He thinks that Polynices is a murderer.
(c) He's just an ordinary king doing his job.
(d) Polynices tried to keep him from being king.
3. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Cry and wail in sorrow.
(b) Divide and conquer.
(c) Defend the righteous characters.
(d) Shout loudly about what death represents.
4. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin.
5. When Creon tells Antigone to leave, why does Creon stop her in Part 5?
(a) He wants to tell her that she needs to leave Haemon.
(b) He can see that she is not going to her room.
(c) He wants to extract a written promise from her.
(d) He thinks that she is going to commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
2. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
3. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
4. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
5. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)