|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Falls to the floor weeping.
(b) Denies all accusations.
(c) Openly admits where she was.
(d) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) Chief advisor to the king.
(c) Servant to the king's advisor.
3. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Marry for love.
(b) Run in the wind.
(c) Go out without a chaperone.
(d) Behave willfully.
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) There is no comic relief to be found.
(b) The characters must all die at the end.
(c) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(d) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(b) Restful because there is no hope.
(c) Sad and disingenuous.
(d) Mind numbing yet joyous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
2. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
3. In Part 5, what is the first thing that Creon asks Antigone?
4. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
5. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)