|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Calling him a weakling.
(b) Their quarrel the previous night.
(c) Breaking his watch.
(d) Leaving before lunch.
2. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not having any common sense.
(b) For rising so early.
(c) For not respecting her.
(d) For making too much noise.
3. What is distinctive about the item Antigone uses to bury Polynices?
(a) He used to play with it as a child.
(b) It was part of a bottle Polynices carried with him.
(c) It was under Polynices's body.
(d) It was part of the box Eteocles was buried in.
4. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
(a) She is not thinking.
(b) She is becoming proud.
(c) She is Oedipus's daughter and his son's fiancee.
(d) She is stubborn.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Preening and dispicable.
(b) Clean and inevitable.
(c) Dirty and avoidable.
(d) Decidedly dolorous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
2. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
3. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
4. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
5. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)