|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Mind numbing yet joyous.
(b) Sad and disingenuous.
(d) Restful because there is no hope.
2. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
(d) Much work.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(b) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(c) Painting in the garden.
(d) Attending lessons without permission.
4. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
(a) Equal treatment.
(d) A proper burial.
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Decidedly dolorous.
(b) Clean and inevitable.
(c) Preening and dispicable.
(d) Dirty and avoidable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
2. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
3. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
5. How do the guards and Jonas bring Antigone in?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)