|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(b) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(c) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(d) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
2. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) The king's treasurer.
(b) Court messenger.
(d) King of Thebes.
3. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Bury Polynices.
4. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Love; loved.
(b) Forget; forgot.
(c) Watch; watched.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
5. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His authority had to be respected.
(b) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(c) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(d) He hated Polynices.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
2. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
3. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)