|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
(a) He grabs her arm angrily.
(b) He sends the guards away.
(c) He bribes the guards to keep their mouths shut.
(d) He gapes in disbelief.
2. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
(a) Because she wants him to know everything.
(b) Because she wants him to know the truth.
(c) Because she wants to get married right away.
(d) Because she can't marry him.
3. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she can sit down.
(b) If they will let her go.
(c) If she will suffer.
(d) If she can speak with Ismene.
4. What is Antigone's sister's name?
5. What is the reasoning that Creon gives for treating Polynices like he is?
(a) Polynices tried to assassinate him.
(b) Polynices tried to keep him from being king.
(c) He thinks that Polynices is a murderer.
(d) He's just an ordinary king doing his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
2. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
3. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
4. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
5. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)