|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
2. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
3. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Make an example of her.
(b) Keep her away from Haemon.
(c) Save her.
(d) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
4. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(c) It is never found.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Fiance.
(c) The Page Boy.
(d) The Ignominious One.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
2. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
3. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
4. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
5. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)