|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's jewelry.
(b) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(c) Ismene's dress.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their eventual fates.
(b) Their date of birth.
(c) Their pets' names.
(d) Their current state of health.
3. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
(b) Kneel at her feet.
(c) Stop crying.
4. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Laughed at Antigone.
(b) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
(c) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
(d) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
5. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she can speak with Ismene.
(b) If she will suffer.
(c) If she can sit down.
(d) If they will let her go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
2. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
3. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
4. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
5. In Part 5, when Creon explains his reasoning behind his actions, of what does Antigone accuse him?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)