|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A quiet, shy girl.
(b) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(c) A dark, thin girl.
(d) A happy, laughing girl.
2. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(b) Looking for her husband's socks.
(c) Practicing her lines.
3. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
(a) Twists her arm and threatens to torture her.
(b) Kisses her on the cheek.
(c) Grabs her by her hair and threatens to turn her over to the guards for their version of punishment..
(d) Takes her hand and tells her that he must do what he must do.
4. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He reminds Creon of his good record.
(b) He blames everything on the other guards.
(c) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(d) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
5. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(c) Worms and mud.
(d) Rotten apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
2. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
3. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
5. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)