|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
(a) She tells him that she is going to talk to Haemon.
(b) She tells him that it is none of his business.
(c) She tells him that she is going back to bed.
(d) She tells him that he knows.
2. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(b) She leaves the room angrily.
(c) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(d) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(c) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(d) It is never found.
4. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) Their father has them executed.
(b) They kill each other.
(c) They are both asassinated.
(d) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
5. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) It is her turn to kill herself.
(b) She finds the socks.
(c) The bell tolls.
(d) She hears her husband's call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
2. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
4. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
5. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)