|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That she didn't have to die soon.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(d) That her beloved was rich.
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A new agreement is drawn up.
(b) A war breaks out.
(c) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(d) A marriage is arranged.
3. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
(b) Stop crying.
(c) Kneel at her feet.
4. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A seeker of truth.
(c) A seeker of justice.
(d) A daughter of Oedipus.
5. In Part 5, Creon explodes into a long speech and tells Antigone that she is just like who?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brothers.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
2. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
3. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
4. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
5. When Creon asks where Antigone is going in Part 5, what does she say?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)