|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(c) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(d) Stands stoically and agrees.
2. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
(b) Go to the castle without assistance.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Delay the inevitable.
3. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
(a) Keep her away from Haemon.
(b) Save her.
(c) Send her to the afterlife be with her father, mother and brothers.
(d) Make an example of her.
4. What does Creon say he will do if Antigone does what he tells her to do in Part 5?
(a) Keep the truth from Haemon.
(b) Ensure the guards' silence.
(c) Execute her.
(d) Bring her something to eat.
5. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(c) Practicing her lines.
(d) Looking for her husband's socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
2. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
3. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
4. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)