|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By begging.
(b) By using her rank as princess.
(c) By screaming and crying.
(d) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(b) Attending lessons without permission.
(c) Painting in the garden.
(d) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
3. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(b) He will be forgiven.
(c) He will live.
(d) He will keep his job.
4. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Calling him a weakling.
(b) Leaving before lunch.
(c) Their quarrel the previous night.
(d) Breaking his watch.
5. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His authority had to be respected.
(b) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(c) He hated Polynices.
(d) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
2. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
5. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)