|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(b) Polynices would be named king.
(c) Eteocles would be named king.
(d) They would rule in alternate years.
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Dancing merrily.
(b) Scrubbing the nursery.
(c) Preparing the medicine tray.
(d) Winding wool.
3. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She slips in through the window.
(b) She bangs the door open and runs in.
(c) She strides in angrily.
(d) She creeps in.
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their eventual fates.
(c) Their date of birth.
(d) Their pets' names.
5. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) A large knife.
(c) The weight of the world.
(d) Her suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antigone respond to the first thing that Creon asks her in Part 5?
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
3. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
4. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
5. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)