|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Ignominious One.
(b) The Page Boy.
(c) The Fiance.
(d) The Messenger.
2. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(c) Practicing her lines.
(d) Looking for her husband's socks.
3. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
4. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For rising so early.
(b) For not having any common sense.
(c) For not respecting her.
(d) For making too much noise.
5. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
(a) Give her a ring.
(b) Swear his undying love.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Take her to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
2. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
3. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
4. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
5. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)