|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "second mother."
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) Her "sweet red apple."
(d) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
2. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He flees the city.
(b) He dies.
(c) He kills his sons in a rage.
(d) He attends a council meeting.
3. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Watch; watched.
(b) Love; loved.
(c) Bond with; bonded with.
(d) Forget; forgot.
4. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Dour and sapid.
(c) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(d) Adventurous and fickle.
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Chief advisor to the king.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Servant to the king's advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
3. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
4. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
5. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)