|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She leaves the room angrily.
(b) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(c) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(d) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
2. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) Creon's father.
3. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) An army of hundreds.
(c) A strong, black stallion.
(d) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Screams in anger.
(b) Stalks out of the room.
5. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A bright, blond woman.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(d) An angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
3. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
4. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
5. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)