|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Love; loved.
(b) Forget; forgot.
(c) Watch; watched.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
2. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(b) Some of the play's background.
(c) The author's intent in writing the play.
(d) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
3. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Page Boy.
(b) The Fiance.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Ignominious One.
4. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(c) Hard labor.
(d) A heavy fine and incarceration.
5. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The cowards.
(c) The foolhardy.
(d) The brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
3. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
4. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
5. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)