|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) A quiet, shy girl.
(d) A happy, laughing girl.
2. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her fiance.
(b) He is her sister's fiance.
(c) They have no connection.
(d) He is her brother.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(b) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(c) Attending lessons without permission.
(d) Painting in the garden.
4. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(b) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(c) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(d) Talk Antigone out of it.
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(b) It is in a gloomy wood.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It has no geographical or historical implications.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
3. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
4. What happens to Oedipus?
5. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)