|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To close the door on her way out.
(b) To bring her toast and jam.
(c) To treat her dog well.
(d) To take care of Ismene.
2. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) It is never found.
(b) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(c) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
3. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(b) Talk Antigone out of it.
(c) Tell Antigone that she will help.
(d) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
4. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Openly admits where she was.
(b) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
(c) Denies all accusations.
(d) Falls to the floor weeping.
5. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(c) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(d) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
2. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
3. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
4. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
5. Who is Oedipus?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)