|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
(a) Forget; forgot.
(b) Watch; watched.
(c) Love; loved.
(d) Bond with; bonded with.
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Stalks out of the room.
(b) Screams in anger.
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The author's intent in writing the play.
(b) Some of the play's background.
(c) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(d) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
4. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
(a) Driving snow.
(b) Pounding rain.
(c) Smothering midnight.
(d) Broad daylight.
5. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(c) Polynices would be named king.
(d) Eteocles would be named king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
2. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
3. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
4. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
5. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)