|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(b) Stares at him angrily.
(d) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
2. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) Go to the castle without assistance.
(b) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Delay the inevitable.
3. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
(a) Because she wants him to know everything.
(b) Because she wants to get married right away.
(c) Because she wants him to know the truth.
(d) Because she can't marry him.
4. Who is Oedipus?
(a) Creon's father.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A lonley old beggar.
(d) A man with no destiny.
5. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her sister's fiance.
(d) He is her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
2. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
3. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
4. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
5. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)