|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Breaking his watch.
(b) Their quarrel the previous night.
(c) Leaving before lunch.
(d) Calling him a weakling.
2. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Marry her right away.
(c) Give her the money she needs.
3. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Fiance.
(b) The Ignominious One.
(c) The Page Boy.
(d) The Messenger.
4. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
5. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Dour and sapid.
(c) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(d) Adventurous and fickle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
2. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
3. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
4. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
5. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)