|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Chief advisor to the king.
2. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
(d) That Antigone is different from her sister.
3. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Fiance.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Ignominious One.
(d) The Page Boy.
4. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) Court messenger.
(c) The king's treasurer.
(d) King of Thebes.
5. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
(a) Sent another woman in her place to see if Haemon would slip.
(b) Wrote hm a love letter.
(c) Dressed in Ismenes clothes and makeup.
(d) Tried to seduce him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
3. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
5. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)