|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) An army of hundreds.
(b) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(c) A strong, black stallion.
(d) A wooden cart full of straw.
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their date of birth.
(b) Their current state of health.
(c) Their pets' names.
(d) Their eventual fates.
3. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
4. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(b) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(c) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(d) She leaves the room angrily.
5. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her sister's fiance.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her fiance.
(d) He is her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
2. Who is Oedipus?
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
4. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
5. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)