|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(c) Chief advisor to the king.
(d) King of Thebes.
3. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(b) Fun loving and sport loving.
(c) Dour and sapid.
(d) Adventurous and fickle.
4. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(d) The dog.
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(b) It is in a gloomy wood.
(c) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
2. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
3. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
4. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
5. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)