|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Swear his undying love.
(c) Take her to dinner.
(d) Give her a ring.
2. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(c) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(d) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
3. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(d) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
4. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
(a) To put the dog down.
(b) To ignore the dog.
(c) To give the dog away.
(d) To take the dog home with her.
5. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Laughed at Antigone.
(b) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
(c) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
(d) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
3. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
5. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)