|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Coffee and toast.
(b) Her knitting.
(c) A gallant friend.
2. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(c) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That she didn't have to die soon.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That her beloved was rich.
(d) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
4. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A war breaks out.
(b) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(c) A marriage is arranged.
(d) A new agreement is drawn up.
5. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their date of birth.
(c) Their eventual fates.
(d) Their pets' names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
2. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
3. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
4. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
5. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)