|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(c) Dour and sapid.
(d) Adventurous and fickle.
3. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(b) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(c) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Page Boy.
(c) The Fiance.
(d) The Ignominious One.
5. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
(a) To bring her toast and jam.
(b) To take care of Ismene.
(c) To close the door on her way out.
(d) To treat her dog well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
2. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
4. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)