|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A special family member.
(b) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(c) A middle-aged courtier.
(d) An old woman.
2. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(b) They are both asassinated.
(c) They kill each other.
(d) Their father has them executed.
3. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) Go to the castle without assistance.
(b) Delay the inevitable.
(c) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(b) It is in a gloomy wood.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Page Boy.
(b) The Ignominious One.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) The Fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
2. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
3. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
4. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
5. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)