|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(b) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(c) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(d) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
2. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(b) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(c) Some of the play's background.
(d) The author's intent in writing the play.
3. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A war breaks out.
(b) A marriage is arranged.
(c) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(d) A new agreement is drawn up.
4. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) Chief advisor to the king.
(d) Servant to the king's advisor.
5. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he loves her.
(b) If he wants to marry someone else.
(c) If he wants a dog.
(d) If he knows her favorite color.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
2. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
3. What happens to Oedipus?
4. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)