|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(b) Chief advisor to the king.
(d) King of Thebes.
2. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Swear his undying love.
(d) Give her a ring.
3. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(b) Painting in the garden.
(c) Attending lessons without permission.
(d) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
5. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) Some of the play's background.
(b) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(c) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(d) The author's intent in writing the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
2. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
3. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
4. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)