|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) Court messenger.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) The king's treasurer.
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A marriage is arranged.
(b) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(c) A war breaks out.
(d) A new agreement is drawn up.
3. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(b) The cowards.
(c) The foolhardy.
(d) The brave.
4. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
5. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Coffee and toast.
(c) A gallant friend.
(d) Her knitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
2. What is Antigone's sister's name?
3. In Part 3, Antigone tells Ismene that it is too ___________.
4. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
5. What happens to Oedipus?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)