|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Antigone's brothers.
(c) Sons of King Oedipus.
(d) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
2. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A happy, laughing girl.
(b) A quiet, shy girl.
(c) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
3. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(b) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) It is in a gloomy wood.
4. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's dress.
(b) Ismene's jewelry.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
5. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They kill each other.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) They are both asassinated.
(d) Their father has them executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
2. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
3. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
4. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
5. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)