|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Sons of King Oedipus.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Antigone's brothers.
(d) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
2. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he wants to marry someone else.
(b) If he knows her favorite color.
(c) If he loves her.
(d) If he wants a dog.
3. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Bold and brave.
(b) Careless and unhappy.
(c) Young and beautiful.
(d) Her hero.
4. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) Her suitcase.
(b) The weight of the world.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) A large knife.
5. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(b) Ismene's jewelry.
(c) Ismene's dress.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene reminds Antigone that Polynices was more of a ___________ to them.
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
4. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)