|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(b) Looking for her husband's socks.
(d) Practicing her lines.
2. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) Court messenger.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) The king's treasurer.
3. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
(a) Because she can't marry him.
(b) Because she wants to get married right away.
(c) Because she wants him to know everything.
(d) Because she wants him to know the truth.
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
(a) Her prayers.
(b) Her beauty sleep.
(c) Her chores.
(d) Her breakfast.
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(c) A happy, laughing girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
3. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
4. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
5. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)