|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(b) A heavy fine and incarceration.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(b) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(c) Painting in the garden.
(d) Attending lessons without permission.
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Preparing the medicine tray.
(b) Dancing merrily.
(c) Winding wool.
(d) Scrubbing the nursery.
5. What is Antigone's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
2. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
3. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
4. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
5. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)