|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
(a) Smothering midnight.
(b) Pounding rain.
(c) Broad daylight.
(d) Driving snow.
2. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
(b) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
(c) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
(d) Laughed at Antigone.
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) It is never found.
(b) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(c) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
4. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Delay the inevitable.
(c) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
(d) Go to the castle without assistance.
5. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To marry the king.
(b) To elope.
(c) To run away.
(d) To bury Polynices.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
3. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
5. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)