|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(d) Hard labor.
2. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
(a) Her mother's ghost.
3. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Ignominious One.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Fiance.
(d) The Page Boy.
4. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(b) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(c) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(d) She leaves the room angrily.
5. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She hears her husband's call.
(b) She finds the socks.
(c) The bell tolls.
(d) It is her turn to kill herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
2. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
3. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
4. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
5. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)