|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(b) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(c) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(d) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
3. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
(c) All of the answers are correct.
4. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
(a) Because she can't marry him.
(b) Because she wants him to know everything.
(c) Because she wants him to know the truth.
(d) Because she wants to get married right away.
5. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Dour and sapid.
(c) Adventurous and fickle.
(d) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
3. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
4. In Part 3, as Nurse is wondering what is wrong with Antigone, who enters the room?
5. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)