|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) The weight of the world.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) A large knife.
(d) Her suitcase.
2. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(b) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(c) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(d) He is shy.
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Careless and unhappy.
(b) Her hero.
(c) Young and beautiful.
(d) Bold and brave.
5. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) King of Thebes.
(c) Court messenger.
(d) The king's treasurer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
2. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
3. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
4. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
5. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)