|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he wants to marry someone else.
(b) If he loves her.
(c) If he wants a dog.
(d) If he knows her favorite color.
2. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Calling him a weakling.
(b) Leaving before lunch.
(c) Their quarrel the previous night.
(d) Breaking his watch.
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Pretending she is alone.
(b) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
4. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Give her a ring.
(c) Swear his undying love.
(d) Make love to her.
5. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
(a) Attempt what's beyond her strength.
(b) Go to the castle without assistance.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Delay the inevitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
2. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
3. Who is Oedipus?
4. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
5. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)