|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A quiet, shy girl.
(b) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(c) A dark, thin girl.
(d) A happy, laughing girl.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Pretending she is alone.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
3. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(c) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(d) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The King.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) Three soldiers.
5. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(b) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(c) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(d) She leaves the room angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
3. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
4. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)