|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A war breaks out.
(b) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(c) A new agreement is drawn up.
(d) A marriage is arranged.
2. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
(a) Marry her right away.
(b) Give her the money she needs.
(d) Commit suicide.
3. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Dour and sapid.
(b) Adventurous and fickle.
(c) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(d) Fun loving and sport loving.
4. In Part 3, why did Antigone say that she was telling Haemon all the things she was telling him?
(a) Because she wants to get married right away.
(b) Because she wants him to know everything.
(c) Because she wants him to know the truth.
(d) Because she can't marry him.
5. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
2. Whom does Ismene say needs Antigone?
3. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
4. How are Haemon and Creon related?
5. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)