|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A middle-aged courtier.
(b) A special family member.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A young, fresh faced maiden.
2. What is Antigone's sister's name?
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "second mother."
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(d) Her "sweet red apple."
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(d) He is listening intently to the conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
2. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
3. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
4. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
5. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)