|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) Their father has them executed.
(b) They kill each other.
(c) They are both asassinated.
(d) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
2. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(b) Stares at him angrily.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
3. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To marry the king.
(b) To run away.
(c) To elope.
(d) To bury Polynices.
4. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her sister's fiance.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her fiance.
(d) They have no connection.
5. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(b) A strong, black stallion.
(c) An army of hundreds.
(d) A wooden cart full of straw.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
2. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
3. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
4. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
5. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)