|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "second mother."
(b) She doesn't have one.
(c) Her "sweet red apple."
(d) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
2. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
3. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their date of birth.
(c) Their pets' names.
(d) Their eventual fates.
4. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A bright, blond woman.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) An angel.
(d) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
5. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(b) Stares at him angrily.
(c) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
2. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
3. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
5. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)