|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
(b) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(c) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(d) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
2. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(b) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(c) She leaves the room angrily.
(d) She disagrees and begins to pack.
3. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(c) It is never found.
(d) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
4. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Run in the wind.
(b) Marry for love.
(c) Behave willfully.
(d) Go out without a chaperone.
5. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(b) Painting in the garden.
(c) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(d) Attending lessons without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
2. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
5. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)