|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A special family member.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(d) A middle-aged courtier.
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
3. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(a) The Chorus.
5. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(b) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(c) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
3. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
4. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)