|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not respecting her.
(b) For making too much noise.
(c) For rising so early.
(d) For not having any common sense.
2. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "sweet red apple."
(b) Her "second mother."
(c) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(d) She doesn't have one.
3. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To bury Polynices.
(b) To elope.
(c) To run away.
(d) To marry the king.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(b) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(c) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(d) It is in a gloomy wood.
5. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
3. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
4. What is Creon's occupation?
5. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)