|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Adventurous and fickle.
(b) Fun loving and sport loving.
(c) Dour and sapid.
(d) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) Her sister's love.
(b) Her lucky charm.
(c) The Nurse's hands.
(d) Her mother's cross.
3. Who is Oedipus?
(a) Creon's father.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) A lonley old beggar.
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To run away.
(b) To marry the king.
(c) To bury Polynices.
(d) To elope.
5. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Careless and unhappy.
(b) Bold and brave.
(c) Her hero.
(d) Young and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
2. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
3. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
4. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
5. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)