|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She leaves the room angrily.
(b) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(c) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(d) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) Her mother's cross.
(b) Her sister's love.
(c) The Nurse's hands.
(d) Her lucky charm.
3. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(c) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(d) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
4. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(c) A happy, laughing girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
5. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
4. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
5. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)