|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Ignominious One.
(c) The Page Boy.
(d) The Fiance.
2. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
3. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(b) Talk Antigone out of it.
(c) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(d) Tell Antigone that she will help.
4. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) Court messenger.
(b) The king's treasurer.
(d) King of Thebes.
5. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) Some of the play's background.
(b) The author's intent in writing the play.
(c) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(d) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
2. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
3. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
5. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)