|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Behave willfully.
(b) Marry for love.
(c) Run in the wind.
(d) Go out without a chaperone.
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their pets' names.
(c) Their date of birth.
(d) Their eventual fates.
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(b) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(c) It is never found.
(d) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
4. What is Antigone's sister's name?
5. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
(d) That Antigone was raised carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
2. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
4. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
5. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)