|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(a) Practicing her lines.
(b) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(c) Looking for her husband's socks.
2. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(d) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
3. What is Creon's occupation?
(b) Court messenger.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) The king's treasurer.
4. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A new agreement is drawn up.
(b) A war breaks out.
(c) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(d) A marriage is arranged.
5. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That her beloved was rich.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That she didn't have to die soon.
(d) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
2. What happens to Oedipus?
3. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
4. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
5. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)