|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) Creon's father.
(c) A lonley old beggar.
(d) A man with no destiny.
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It is in a gloomy wood.
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(c) An angel.
(d) A bright, blond woman.
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Stalks out of the room.
(d) Screams in anger.
5. What is Antigone's sister's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
2. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
3. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
5. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)