|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A new agreement is drawn up.
(b) A war breaks out.
(c) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(d) A marriage is arranged.
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) It is never found.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
4. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her sister's fiance.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) He is her fiance.
5. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(b) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
(c) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(d) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
2. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
3. What is Creon's occupation?
4. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)