|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(c) An army of hundreds.
(d) A strong, black stallion.
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Scrubbing the nursery.
(b) Dancing merrily.
(c) Winding wool.
(d) Preparing the medicine tray.
3. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
4. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The Ignominious One.
(c) The Page Boy.
(d) The Fiance.
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's occupation?
2. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
3. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
4. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)