|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The brave.
(b) The foolhardy.
(d) The cowards.
2. Who is Oedipus?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) A lonley old beggar.
(c) Creon's father.
(d) A man with no destiny.
3. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) A strong, black stallion.
(c) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(d) An army of hundreds.
4. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He flees the city.
(b) He dies.
(c) He attends a council meeting.
(d) He kills his sons in a rage.
5. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(b) Stalks out of the room.
(c) Screams in anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
2. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
3. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
4. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
5. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)