|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(b) Hard labor.
(d) A heavy fine and incarceration.
2. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
3. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Antigone's brothers.
(b) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Sons of King Oedipus.
4. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A quiet, shy girl.
(c) A dark, thin girl.
(d) A happy, laughing girl.
5. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He kills his sons in a rage.
(b) He flees the city.
(c) He dies.
(d) He attends a council meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
2. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
3. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
5. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)