|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(b) It is never found.
(c) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
2. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Careless and unhappy.
(b) Young and beautiful.
(c) Her hero.
(d) Bold and brave.
3. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(c) The Chorus.
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That she didn't have to die soon.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(d) That her beloved was rich.
5. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The King.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) Three soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
2. What is Antigone's sister's name?
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
5. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)