|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(b) The Chorus.
2. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her sister's fiance.
(b) He is her fiance.
(c) They have no connection.
(d) He is her brother.
3. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Sons of King Oedipus.
(c) Antigone's brothers.
(d) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(b) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(c) Practicing her lines.
(d) Looking for her husband's socks.
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(b) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(c) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(d) He is shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
3. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)