|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They kill each other.
(b) Their father has them executed.
(c) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(d) They are both asassinated.
2. What is Creon's occupation?
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) The king's treasurer.
(d) Court messenger.
3. Who is Oedipus?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) A lonley old beggar.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) Creon's father.
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) Three soldiers.
(b) The King.
(c) The Messenger.
5. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(b) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(c) Looking for her husband's socks.
(d) Practicing her lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
4. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)