|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(b) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(c) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(d) Creon is Haemon's father.
2. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) Three soldiers.
(b) The Messenger.
(d) The King.
3. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(b) It is in a gloomy wood.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) It has no geographical or historical implications.
4. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Eteocles would be named king.
(b) Polynices would be named king.
(c) They would rule in alternate years.
(d) They would go to war against Macedonia.
5. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She hears her husband's call.
(b) It is her turn to kill herself.
(c) The bell tolls.
(d) She finds the socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
3. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
4. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)