|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Antigone's brothers.
(c) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(d) Sons of King Oedipus.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
3. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) It is never found.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
4. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Eteocles would be named king.
(b) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(c) They would rule in alternate years.
(d) Polynices would be named king.
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) A quiet, shy girl.
(c) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(d) A happy, laughing girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Oedipus?
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
3. How are Haemon and Creon related?
4. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
5. What is Creon's occupation?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)