|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A middle-aged courtier.
(b) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(c) A special family member.
(d) An old woman.
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Chief advisor to the king.
(c) Servant to the king's advisor.
(d) King of Thebes.
3. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They are both asassinated.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) They kill each other.
(d) Their father has them executed.
4. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(b) Creon is Haemon's father.
(c) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(d) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Antigone's brothers.
(d) Sons of King Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
3. What happens to Oedipus?
4. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)