|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their pets' names.
(c) Their eventual fates.
(d) Their date of birth.
2. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They are both asassinated.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) They kill each other.
(d) Their father has them executed.
3. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is never found.
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(b) Brushing her daughter's hair.
(c) Looking for her husband's socks.
(d) Practicing her lines.
5. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Eteocles would be named king.
(b) Polynices would be named king.
(c) They would rule in alternate years.
(d) They would go to war against Macedonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
2. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
3. What happens to Oedipus?
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)