|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's sister's name?
2. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A happy, laughing girl.
(c) A quiet, shy girl.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
3. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It is in a gloomy wood.
4. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Eteocles would be named king.
(b) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(c) They would rule in alternate years.
(d) Polynices would be named king.
5. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He kills his sons in a rage.
(b) He attends a council meeting.
(c) He dies.
(d) He flees the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
2. Who is Oedipus?
3. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
4. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
5. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)