|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He dies.
(b) He flees the city.
(c) He attends a council meeting.
(d) He kills his sons in a rage.
2. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Polynices would be named king.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(d) They would rule in alternate years.
3. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(b) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(c) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(d) Creon is Haemon's father.
4. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(c) Hard labor.
5. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The Messenger.
(c) The King.
(d) Three soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
2. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
3. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
5. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)