|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(b) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
2. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They are both asassinated.
(b) Their father has them executed.
(c) They kill each other.
(d) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
3. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) It has no geographical or historical implications.
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(a) The Chorus.
5. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He dies.
(b) He attends a council meeting.
(c) He flees the city.
(d) He kills his sons in a rage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
2. What is Creon's occupation?
3. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
4. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)