|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(b) The Chorus.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(d) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A happy, laughing girl.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) It is in a gloomy wood.
5. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A man with no destiny.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A lonley old beggar.
(d) Creon's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
3. What was Creon's former occupation?
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)