|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Pretending she is alone.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
2. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(c) Sons of King Oedipus.
(d) Antigone's brothers.
3. What is Antigone's sister's name?
4. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She hears her husband's call.
(b) The bell tolls.
(c) It is her turn to kill herself.
(d) She finds the socks.
5. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is never found.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
2. Who is Oedipus?
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)