|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He attends a council meeting.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He dies.
(d) He flees the city.
2. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(b) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is never found.
3. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She finds the socks.
(b) She hears her husband's call.
(c) It is her turn to kill herself.
(d) The bell tolls.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It has no geographical or historical implications.
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Sons of King Oedipus.
(b) Antigone's brothers.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
2. What is Creon's occupation?
3. What is Antigone's sister's name?
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
5. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)