|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Sons of King Oedipus.
(c) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(d) Antigone's brothers.
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Preparing the medicine tray.
(b) Scrubbing the nursery.
(c) Winding wool.
(d) Dancing merrily.
3. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Chief advisor to the king.
(b) Servant to the king's advisor.
(c) King of Thebes.
4. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) A man with no destiny.
(c) Creon's father.
(d) King of Thebes.
5. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(b) Polynices would be named king.
(c) Eteocles would be named king.
(d) They would rule in alternate years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
2. What happens to Oedipus?
3. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
4. What is Creon's occupation?
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)