|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They are both asassinated.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) Their father has them executed.
(d) They kill each other.
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It is in a gloomy wood.
3. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) Three soldiers.
(b) The Messenger.
(d) The King.
4. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) Polynices would be named king.
(d) They would go to war against Macedonia.
5. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He kills his sons in a rage.
(b) He dies.
(c) He flees the city.
(d) He attends a council meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antigone's sister's name?
2. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
3. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
4. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)