|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(b) Polynices would be named king.
(c) They would rule in alternate years.
(d) Eteocles would be named king.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Pretending she is alone.
(b) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(c) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(d) Lamenting her eventual fate.
3. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(c) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(d) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
4. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) A man with no destiny.
(c) Creon's father.
(d) King of Thebes.
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(b) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
2. What is Creon's occupation?
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
4. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
5. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)