|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their eventual fates.
(b) Their date of birth.
(c) Their current state of health.
(d) Their pets' names.
2. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A middle-aged courtier.
(c) A special family member.
(d) A young, fresh faced maiden.
3. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Chief advisor to the king.
4. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(b) Fun loving and sport loving.
(c) Adventurous and fickle.
(d) Dour and sapid.
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(b) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(c) It is in a gloomy wood.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
2. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
5. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)