|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(c) The Chorus.
2. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) Three soldiers.
(d) The King.
3. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(d) He is listening intently to the conversation.
4. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(b) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(c) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(d) It is never found.
5. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A middle-aged courtier.
(c) A special family member.
(d) A young, fresh faced maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
2. What happens to Oedipus?
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
4. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)