|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Chief advisor to the king.
2. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The author's intent in writing the play.
(b) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(c) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
(d) Some of the play's background.
3. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A special family member.
(c) A middle-aged courtier.
(d) A young, fresh faced maiden.
4. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Adventurous and fickle.
(b) Dour and sapid.
(c) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(d) Fun loving and sport loving.
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Sons of King Oedipus.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Antigone's brothers.
(d) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
2. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
3. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
5. How are Haemon and Creon related?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)