|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(b) A new agreement is drawn up.
(c) A marriage is arranged.
(d) A war breaks out.
2. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A happy, laughing girl.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That she didn't have to die soon.
(b) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(c) That her beloved was rich.
(d) That the rain would stop.
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Scrubbing the nursery.
(b) Winding wool.
(c) Dancing merrily.
(d) Preparing the medicine tray.
5. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(b) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(c) It is never found.
(d) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
2. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
3. What is Creon's occupation?
4. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
5. What is Antigone's sister's name?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)