|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She finds the socks.
(b) It is her turn to kill herself.
(c) She hears her husband's call.
(d) The bell tolls.
2. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He attends a council meeting.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He dies.
(d) He flees the city.
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
4. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(b) A heavy fine and incarceration.
5. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(b) A middle-aged courtier.
(c) A special family member.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
2. How are Haemon and Creon related?
3. What is Antigone's sister's name?
4. What is Creon's occupation?
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)