|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He kills his sons in a rage.
(b) He flees the city.
(c) He dies.
(d) He attends a council meeting.
2. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(c) Polynices would be named king.
(d) Eteocles would be named king.
3. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They kill each other.
(b) Their father has them executed.
(c) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(d) They are both asassinated.
4. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
(b) Looking for her husband's socks.
(c) Practicing her lines.
(d) Brushing her daughter's hair.
5. Who is Oedipus?
(a) Creon's father.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) A lonley old beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
3. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. What is Creon's occupation?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)