|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(d) The Chorus.
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Fun loving and sport loving.
(b) Adventurous and fickle.
(c) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
(d) Dour and sapid.
3. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He dies.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He flees the city.
(d) He attends a council meeting.
4. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She finds the socks.
(b) The bell tolls.
(c) She hears her husband's call.
(d) It is her turn to kill herself.
5. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
(a) A new agreement is drawn up.
(b) The throne is ceded to a relative.
(c) A war breaks out.
(d) A marriage is arranged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
2. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
3. Who is Oedipus?
4. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
5. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)