|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
(a) Creon's father.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A lonley old beggar.
(d) A man with no destiny.
2. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(b) Hard labor.
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A quiet, shy girl.
(b) A dark, thin girl.
(c) A happy, laughing girl.
(d) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
4. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(c) The Chorus.
5. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Pretending she is alone.
(d) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
2. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
3. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
4. What happens to Oedipus?
5. How are Haemon and Creon related?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)