|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is never found.
2. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(c) Antigone's brothers.
(d) Sons of King Oedipus.
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(c) A bright, blond woman.
(d) An angel.
4. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her sister's fiance.
(d) He is her fiance.
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oedipus?
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)