|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(b) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(c) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(d) He is shy.
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Scrubbing the nursery.
(b) Winding wool.
(c) Dancing merrily.
(d) Preparing the medicine tray.
3. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) Three soldiers.
(b) The Messenger.
(d) The King.
4. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He attends a council meeting.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He flees the city.
(d) He dies.
5. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(b) They are both asassinated.
(c) They kill each other.
(d) Their father has them executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
4. What is Antigone's sister's name?
5. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)