|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) The King.
(d) Three soldiers.
2. What is Creon's occupation?
(a) The king's treasurer.
(b) Court messenger.
(c) King of Thebes.
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
4. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her sister's fiance.
(b) He is her fiance.
(c) He is her brother.
(d) They have no connection.
5. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(b) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(c) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(d) Creon is Haemon's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
3. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
4. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
5. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)