Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Double the guard detail.
(b) Change nothing.
(c) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(d) Have the guards shoot to kill.
2. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
3. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He attends a council meeting.
(b) He kills his sons in a rage.
(c) He flees the city.
(d) He dies.
4. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
(a) A little girl.
(b) A naughty brat.
(c) A cruel sister.
5. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) A strong, black stallion.
(c) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(d) An army of hundreds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Part 5, Creon tells Antigone that she thinks he is above the law. What reasoning does he give for her impudence?
2. What is Creon's occupation?
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
4. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
5. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)