Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Pretending she is alone.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
2. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A middle-aged courtier.
(b) A special family member.
(c) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(d) An old woman.
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(c) A happy, laughing girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their date of birth.
(b) Their eventual fates.
(c) Their pets' names.
(d) Their current state of health.
5. What was Creon's former occupation?
(b) Servant to the king's advisor.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Chief advisor to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
2. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
3. What is Antigone's sister's name?
4. Who is Oedipus?
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)