|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Divide and conquer.
(b) Shout loudly about what death represents.
(c) Cry and wail in sorrow.
(d) Defend the righteous characters.
2. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She bangs the door open and runs in.
(b) She slips in through the window.
(c) She strides in angrily.
(d) She creeps in.
3. Antigone says the Nurse is stronger than what in Part 2?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
4. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(b) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
(c) Because she can't be brave forever.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
5. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
(a) A rotted piece of wood.
(b) A large stick.
(c) A piece of a broken green bowl.
(d) A small child's shovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
2. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
3. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
4. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
5. What is Antigone's sister's name?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)