|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(b) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(c) There is no comic relief to be found.
(d) The characters must all die at the end.
2. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
3. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
(a) Talking to the other guards.
(b) Getting tobacco.
4. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Young and beautiful.
(b) Bold and brave.
(c) Her hero.
(d) Careless and unhappy.
5. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(a) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(c) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
2. After Antigone asks Creon to kill her in a certain way, what does Creon say he wants to do?
3. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
4. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
5. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)