|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Kneel at her feet.
(b) Stop crying.
(c) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
2. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He asks her for forgiveness.
(b) He admits that it is the truth.
(c) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(d) He orders the guards to take her away.
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(b) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
4. In Part 5, what does Creon do to Antigone after their discussion about how to kill her?
(a) Twists her arm and threatens to torture her.
(b) Takes her hand and tells her that he must do what he must do.
(c) Kisses her on the cheek.
(d) Grabs her by her hair and threatens to turn her over to the guards for their version of punishment..
5. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(c) Rotten apples.
(d) Worms and mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
2. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
3. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
4. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
5. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)