|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They are both asassinated.
(b) They kill each other.
(c) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(d) Their father has them executed.
2. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(b) Six feet deep.
(c) Just his feet and legs were buried.
(d) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
3. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
(a) He runs from the palace.
(b) He agrees with Creon.
(c) He stands silently and stoically.
(d) He tries to talk Creon into changing his mind.
4. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
(a) A young, fresh faced maiden.
(b) A middle-aged courtier.
(c) A special family member.
(d) An old woman.
5. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(b) Betrayed by his father.
(c) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(d) Turned into an enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
2. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
3. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
4. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
5. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)