|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, what reason does Creon give for making the ruling he did?
(a) His predecessors must tell the gods that he is strong.
(b) He hated Polynices.
(c) Those standing in line for the crown are only waiting for his moment of weakness.
(d) His authority had to be respected.
2. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
(a) Tells Haemon that he has no choice and must accept his fate.
(b) He breaks down and weeps.
(c) He walks away.
(d) Tells Haemon to stand up straight and face the world head on.
3. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(b) Six feet deep.
(c) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
(d) Just his feet and legs were buried.
4. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
(a) Change nothing.
(b) Leave the body out in the open while the guards hide to see who the perpetrator is.
(c) Double the guard detail.
(d) Have the guards shoot to kill.
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
(a) The Page Boy.
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The Fiance.
(d) The Ignominious One.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
2. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
3. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
4. How does Antigone leave at the very end of Part 6?
5. Who confronts Antigone in the beginning of Part 2?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)