|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(b) He asks her for forgiveness.
(c) He admits that it is the truth.
(d) He orders the guards to take her away.
2. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(b) Turned into an enemy.
(c) Betrayed by his father.
(d) Mortally wounded.
3. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(c) A strong, black stallion.
(d) An army of hundreds.
4. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
(b) By begging.
(c) By using her rank as princess.
(d) By screaming and crying.
5. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
(a) Keep asassins out of the castle.
(b) Keep interlopers out of the courtyard.
(c) Watch over the king's family.
(d) Watch over Polynices's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Oedipus?
2. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
3. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
4. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
5. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)