|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Antigone's execution to take place?
(a) At the gallows.
(b) In an empty cave.
(c) In the town common.
(d) In the palace courtyard.
2. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
(a) Because she doesn't want to make a scene.
(b) Because she wants Thebes to know how their king treats honorable people.
(c) Because she doesn't want to be tortured.
(d) Because she can't be brave forever.
3. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(b) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
4. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(d) A heavy fine and incarceration.
5. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
(a) The best king that Thebes could have.
(b) A strong, faithful man.
(c) A fair king.
(d) The loving father he knew as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
2. In Part 5, what does Creon say about Polynices and Eteocles?
3. In Part 3, after Antigone explains everything to Haemon, what does she tell him is the only thing he can do to show her that he loves her?
4. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
5. In Part 3, Ismene urges Antigone not to what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)