|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he wants a dog.
(b) If he knows her favorite color.
(c) If he loves her.
(d) If he wants to marry someone else.
2. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) Creon's father.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) King of Thebes.
3. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Preparing the medicine tray.
(b) Scrubbing the nursery.
(c) Winding wool.
(d) Dancing merrily.
4. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(b) Her "sweet red apple."
(c) Her "second mother."
(d) She doesn't have one.
5. In Part 6, what does Creon say about his quarrel with Antigone over Polynices's body?
(a) It was just an excuse.
(b) It was a way for him to learn Antigone's true nature.
(c) It eventually convinced him to release the body.
(d) It simply proved that Antigone was impudent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
2. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
3. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
4. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
5. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)