|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) It is never found.
(b) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
(c) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(d) He is given an elaborate funeral.
2. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "second mother."
(b) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(c) She doesn't have one.
(d) Her "sweet red apple."
3. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Antigone's brothers.
(b) Sons of King Oedipus.
(c) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone live.
(b) Abdicate the crown.
(c) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(d) Put Antigone to death immediately
5. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Stares at him angrily.
(b) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
2. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
3. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
4. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)