|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) She breaks down sobbing.
(b) Jonas stops her.
(c) The guards come to take her away.
(d) She becomes confused.
2. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(b) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(c) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(d) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
3. In Part 5, how does Creon respond to Antigone's accusation after he explains the reason behind his actions?
(a) He orders the guards to take her away.
(b) He throws Antigone to the ground.
(c) He admits that it is the truth.
(d) He asks her for forgiveness.
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To bury Polynices.
(b) To run away.
(c) To elope.
(d) To marry the king.
5. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
(c) Talking to the other guards.
(d) Getting tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene reminds Antigone that Polynices was more of a ___________ to them.
2. In Part 5, how does Antigone ask Creon to kill her?
3. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
4. What does Creon say will happen if Antigone succeeds in burying Polynices?
5. In Part 5, to what does Antigone say that Polynices is entitled?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)