|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(b) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(c) Creon is Haemon's father.
(d) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
2. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Pretending she is alone.
(b) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(c) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(d) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
3. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A seeker of truth.
(b) A dictator.
(c) A daughter of Oedipus.
(d) A seeker of justice.
4. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) A large knife.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) The weight of the world.
(d) Her suitcase.
5. Who are Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Men named as rulers of Thebes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Sons of King Oedipus.
(d) Antigone's brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Antigone ask Creon to kill her in a certain way?
2. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
3. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
4. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
5. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)