|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
(b) By using her rank as princess.
(c) By begging.
(d) By screaming and crying.
2. In Part 3, for what does Antigone apologize to Haemon?
(a) Breaking his watch.
(b) Leaving before lunch.
(c) Their quarrel the previous night.
(d) Calling him a weakling.
3. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
(a) Her breakfast.
(b) Her chores.
(c) Her beauty sleep.
(d) Her prayers.
4. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
(d) Makes Jonas dizzy.
5. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Talk to Ismene.
(b) Talk to Haemon.
(c) Escape while he is preoccupied.
(d) Die in peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
2. Antigone tells Creon that she knew all along Creon would do what in Part 5?
3. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
4. Who is Oedipus?
5. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)