|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For making too much noise.
(b) For rising so early.
(c) For not respecting her.
(d) For not having any common sense.
2. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(b) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(c) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That her beloved was rich.
(b) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(c) That she didn't have to die soon.
(d) That the rain would stop.
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(c) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
3. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
4. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
5. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)