|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(b) Creon is Haemon's father.
(c) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(d) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
2. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(a) The Messenger.
(b) Three soldiers.
(d) The King.
3. What happens to Oedipus?
(a) He dies.
(b) He flees the city.
(c) He attends a council meeting.
(d) He kills his sons in a rage.
4. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(c) Hard labor.
(d) A heavy fine and incarceration.
5. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
(a) It is thrown in the river like a piece of trash.
(b) It is never found.
(c) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(d) It is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
2. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
3. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
4. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)