|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
2. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Preparing the medicine tray.
(b) Winding wool.
(c) Dancing merrily.
(d) Scrubbing the nursery.
3. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A happy, laughing girl.
(c) A quiet, shy girl.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
4. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(c) Screams in anger.
(d) Stalks out of the room.
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(b) He is shy.
(c) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(d) He is listening intently to the conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
2. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
3. What is Creon's occupation?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)