|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
(a) That Antigone was raised carefully.
(b) That Antigone's mother would be disappointed if she were still alive.
(c) That Antigone is different from her sister.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her sister's fiance.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her fiance.
(d) He is her brother.
3. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(a) Rotten apples.
(b) Worms and mud.
4. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "second mother."
(b) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(c) Her "sweet red apple."
(d) She doesn't have one.
5. Who is Oedipus?
(a) King of Thebes.
(b) Creon's father.
(c) A lonley old beggar.
(d) A man with no destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
2. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
4. What is Antigone's sister's name?
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)