|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For making too much noise.
(b) For not respecting her.
(c) For rising so early.
(d) For not having any common sense.
2. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The foolhardy.
(b) The cowards.
(d) The brave.
3. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(a) Hard labor.
(d) A heavy fine and incarceration.
4. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(b) Some of the play's background.
(c) The author's intent in writing the play.
(d) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
5. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(b) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(c) She leaves the room angrily.
(d) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
2. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
3. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
4. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
5. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)