|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(c) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(d) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
2. What is Creon's occupation?
(b) The king's treasurer.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Court messenger.
3. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
4. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(b) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(c) Stares at him angrily.
5. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
3. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
4. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)