|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A strong, black stallion.
(b) An army of hundreds.
(c) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(d) A wooden cart full of straw.
2. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) A man with no destiny.
(d) Creon's father.
3. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Pretending she is alone.
(b) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(c) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(d) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
4. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Eteocles would be named king.
(b) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(c) They would rule in alternate years.
(d) Polynices would be named king.
5. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their date of birth.
(b) Their current state of health.
(c) Their eventual fates.
(d) Their pets' names.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
3. How are Haemon and Creon related?
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)