|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(b) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(c) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
(d) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
2. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(c) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(d) Hard labor.
3. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) The Nurse's hands.
(b) Her sister's love.
(c) Her mother's cross.
(d) Her lucky charm.
4. Who is Oedipus?
(a) A lonley old beggar.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Creon's father.
(d) A man with no destiny.
5. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(c) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(d) He is listening intently to the conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Eteocles's body in Part 1?
2. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
3. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)