|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(b) That she didn't have to die soon.
(c) That the rain would stop.
(d) That her beloved was rich.
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
(a) Servant to the king's advisor.
(b) King of Thebes.
(c) Chief advisor to the king.
3. Who is playing cards in Part 1?
(b) The Messenger.
(c) The King.
(d) Three soldiers.
4. What is Ismene doing in Part 1 when she is introduced?
(a) Lamenting her eventual fate.
(b) Laughing and chatting with Haemon.
(c) Asking Creon to accept her as a courtesan.
(d) Pretending she is alone.
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(b) Hard labor.
(c) A heavy fine and incarceration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Nurse described in Part 1?
2. What is Creon's wife doing when she is introduced?
3. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
4. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)