|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) They would rule in alternate years.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) Polynices would be named king.
(d) They would go to war against Macedonia.
2. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(b) Some of the play's background.
(c) The author's intent in writing the play.
(d) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
3. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Stares at him angrily.
(b) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(d) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
4. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(b) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(c) He is shy.
(d) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
5. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(b) Creon is Haemon's father.
(c) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(d) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
2. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
3. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
4. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
5. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)