|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(a) Screams in anger.
(d) Stalks out of the room.
2. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Find the brooch Antigone was asking for.
(d) Believe that Haemon wants to marry Antigone.
3. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To marry the king.
(b) To bury Polynices.
(c) To run away.
(d) To elope.
4. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not having any common sense.
(b) For not respecting her.
(c) For making too much noise.
(d) For rising so early.
5. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(b) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(d) Hard labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
2. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
3. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
4. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
5. Who is the youth alone on the other side of the stage?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)