|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(b) Ismene's jewelry.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Ismene's dress.
2. In Part 2, what does Antigone tell Ismene that she should not forgo?
(a) Her breakfast.
(b) Her prayers.
(c) Her chores.
(d) Her beauty sleep.
3. What is distinctive about the item Antigone uses to bury Polynices?
(a) It was part of the box Eteocles was buried in.
(b) It was under Polynices's body.
(c) It was part of a bottle Polynices carried with him.
(d) He used to play with it as a child.
4. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A dictator.
(b) A seeker of truth.
(c) A daughter of Oedipus.
(d) A seeker of justice.
5. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) It is in a gloomy wood.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antigone's sister's name?
2. Ismene reminds Antigone that Polynices was more of a ___________ to them.
3. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
4. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
5. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)