|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Haemon and Creon related?
(a) Creon is Haemon's brother.
(b) Creon is Haemon's uncle.
(c) Creaon is Haemon's instructor.
(d) Creon is Haemon's father.
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their current state of health.
(b) Their eventual fates.
(c) Their date of birth.
(d) Their pets' names.
3. When Creon's wife is introduced, it is said that she will continue her task until what?
(a) She hears her husband's call.
(b) The bell tolls.
(c) It is her turn to kill herself.
(d) She finds the socks.
4. In Part 3, what did Antigone borrow from Ismene?
(a) Ismene's makeup and perfume.
(b) Ismene's dress.
(c) Ismene's jewelry.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
5. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
2. After Haemon exits in Part 3, who comes in to talk to Antigone?
3. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
4. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
5. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)