|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
(b) Laughed at Antigone.
(c) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
(d) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(b) It is uncomfortable.
(c) It is depressing and convoluted.
(d) It is simple and straightforward.
3. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
4. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
(a) Her hero.
(b) Careless and unhappy.
(c) Young and beautiful.
(d) Bold and brave.
5. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He reminds Creon of his good record.
(b) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
(c) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(d) He blames everything on the other guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
3. Ismene tells Antigone that she should __________ Polynices like Polynices ____________ them.
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
5. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)