|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Haemon do in Part 3 that caused the quarrel between him and Antigone?
(a) Wouldn't let Antigone in his house.
(b) Laughed at Antigone.
(c) Asked Antigone to elope with him.
(d) Told Antigone that he didn't love her.
2. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Denies all accusations.
(b) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
(c) Falls to the floor weeping.
(d) Openly admits where she was.
3. What is the punishment for not following the king's orders about Polynices's body?
(c) A heavy fine and incarceration.
(d) Hard labor.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) There is no mention of the play's setting.
(d) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
5. What does Antigone ask Haemon after her apology in Part 3?
(a) If he knows her favorite color.
(b) If he loves her.
(c) If he wants a dog.
(d) If he wants to marry someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
3. What does Antigone ask of Nurse when Nurse enters the room?
4. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
5. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)