|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(b) Talk Antigone out of it.
(c) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(d) Tell Antigone that she will help.
2. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
(a) She vehemently denies the accusation.
(b) She admits doing so.
(c) She stays silent.
(d) She blames it on the guards.
3. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
(a) He is listening intently to the conversation.
(b) He is tasked with bringing news of Haemon's death.
(c) His father forbade him to speak to people above his station in life
(d) He is shy.
4. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
(a) Kneel at her feet.
(b) Think about what he's going to say before he says it.
(d) Stop crying.
5. In Part 3, under what conditions does Ismene think Antigone will perform the task Ismene fears she will?
(a) Driving snow.
(b) Pounding rain.
(c) Broad daylight.
(d) Smothering midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene say she can't do in Part 3?
2. What happens to Oedipus?
3. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
4. What was Creon's former occupation?
5. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)