|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
(a) He bribes the guards to keep their mouths shut.
(b) He sends the guards away.
(c) He gapes in disbelief.
(d) He grabs her arm angrily.
2. What does Antigone tell Nurse to do if her dog keeps waiting by the door?
(a) To ignore the dog.
(b) To take the dog home with her.
(c) To put the dog down.
(d) To give the dog away.
3. How is Haemon related to Antigone?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) They have no connection.
(c) He is her fiance.
(d) He is her sister's fiance.
4. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Divide and conquer.
(b) Cry and wail in sorrow.
(c) Defend the righteous characters.
(d) Shout loudly about what death represents.
5. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
3. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
4. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
5. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)