|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone carrying in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) A large knife.
(b) Her suitcase.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) The weight of the world.
2. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Denies all accusations.
(b) Openly admits where she was.
(c) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
(d) Falls to the floor weeping.
3. What was Creon's former occupation?
(b) Chief advisor to the king.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) Servant to the king's advisor.
4. What happens to Polynices's body in Part 1?
(a) He is given an elaborate funeral.
(b) It is never found.
(c) t is hung on a tree to warn all who come to challenge the king.
(d) He is left unburied for the vultures, vermin and insects to feed on.
5. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(b) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(c) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(d) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse bring at the beginning of Part 3?
2. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
4. What happens to Oedipus?
5. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)