|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She leaves the room angrily.
(b) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(c) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(d) She disagrees and begins to pack.
2. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The cowards.
(c) The brave.
(d) The foolhardy.
3. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That she didn't have to die soon.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That her beloved was rich.
(d) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
4. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
(a) They kill each other.
(b) A plague sweeps through the city, and they both die.
(c) Their father has them executed.
(d) They are both asassinated.
5. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A dark, thin girl.
(b) An angel.
(c) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(d) A bright, blond woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
2. Why isn't the boy alone on the side of the stage laughing and talking with the other characters?
3. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
4. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
5. Who is Oedipus?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)