|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
(a) She stays silent.
(b) She vehemently denies the accusation.
(c) She blames it on the guards.
(d) She admits doing so.
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
(a) Dour and sapid.
(b) Fun loving and sport loving.
(c) Adventurous and fickle.
(d) Boorish and uncommonly ugly.
3. What does Prologue explain after the characters are introduced in Part 1?
(a) The author's intent in writing the play.
(b) Some of the play's background.
(c) The reason the introductions are so detailed.
(d) Some of the situations the characters will soon face.
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It is in a gloomy wood.
(b) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(c) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
5. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
(a) Their date of birth.
(b) Their eventual fates.
(c) Their current state of health.
(d) Their pets' names.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
2. What is the initial result when Eteocles refuses to honor the agreement with Polynices?
3. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
4. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
5. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)