|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene fear Antigone will do if Ismene takes her eyes off of Antigone?
(a) Bury Polynices.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Run away.
2. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) The Nurse's hands.
(b) Her lucky charm.
(c) Her sister's love.
(d) Her mother's cross.
3. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
(a) Cry and wail in sorrow.
(b) Defend the righteous characters.
(c) Shout loudly about what death represents.
(d) Divide and conquer.
4. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To elope.
(b) To run away.
(c) To marry the king.
(d) To bury Polynices.
5. Who is Oedipus?
(a) Creon's father.
(b) A man with no destiny.
(c) King of Thebes.
(d) A lonley old beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
2. How is Haemon described in Part 1?
3. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
4. What happens to Oedipus?
5. In Part 3, when Haemon is about to respond to all of Antigone's comments, what does she force him to do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)