|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices?
(a) Polynices would be named king.
(b) Eteocles would be named king.
(c) They would go to war against Macedonia.
(d) They would rule in alternate years.
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(b) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(c) There is no comic relief to be found.
(d) The characters must all die at the end.
3. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not respecting her.
(b) For making too much noise.
(c) For rising so early.
(d) For not having any common sense.
4. What did Antigone do to try to find out if Haemon really wanted her in Part 3?
(a) Wrote hm a love letter.
(b) Sent another woman in her place to see if Haemon would slip.
(c) Tried to seduce him.
(d) Dressed in Ismenes clothes and makeup.
5. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A happy, laughing girl.
(b) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(c) A quiet, shy girl.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
2. What was Creon's former occupation?
3. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
4. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
5. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)