|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(a) Rotten apples.
(d) Worms and mud.
2. What is distinctive about the item Antigone uses to bury Polynices?
(a) He used to play with it as a child.
(b) It was part of the box Eteocles was buried in.
(c) It was part of a bottle Polynices carried with him.
(d) It was under Polynices's body.
3. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Stares at him angrily.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(d) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
4. What is the Nurse doing when she is introduced?
(a) Preparing the medicine tray.
(b) Scrubbing the nursery.
(c) Dancing merrily.
(d) Winding wool.
5. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
(a) Painting in the garden.
(b) Visiting her secret sweetheart.
(c) Taking a walk without her chaperone.
(d) Attending lessons without permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone make Haemon promise in Part 3?
2. When the characters are introduced in Part 1, their basic characteristics are given. What else is revealed about these characters?
3. Polynices is Ismene's ______________.
4. What is the final, tragic result of the agreement between Eteocles and Polynices in Part 1?
5. What did Antigone say that she wanted Haemon to do when she visited him the previous evening?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)