|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is uncomfortable.
(b) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
(c) It is depressing and convoluted.
(d) It is simple and straightforward.
2. What does Jonas chat with Antigone about in Part 6?
(a) His family.
(b) Life in the barracks.
(c) Rivalries between the officers and guards.
(d) All the answers are true.
3. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
(a) If Antigone will leave Ismene her treasured brooch.
(b) If Antigone doesn't want to live.
(c) If Antigone really thinks her plan will work.
(d) If Antigone wants to go to breakfast.
4. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(b) Worms and mud.
(d) Rotten apples.
5. At the end of Part 6, Antigone confesses that she is what?
(a) Happy to make a sacrifice.
(b) Wishing her mother was with her.
(c) Afraid of dying.
(d) Sad for Haemon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
2. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
3. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
4. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
5. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)