|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Antigone is brought in by the guards, what does she call herself in Part 4?
(a) A seeker of justice.
(b) A seeker of truth.
(c) A daughter of Oedipus.
(d) A dictator.
2. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(b) Turned into an enemy.
(c) Mortally wounded.
(d) Betrayed by his father.
3. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
(a) She strides in angrily.
(b) She creeps in.
(c) She slips in through the window.
(d) She bangs the door open and runs in.
4. In Part 2, what is one of the things Antigone says her family told her not to do?
(a) Behave willfully.
(b) Marry for love.
(c) Go out without a chaperone.
(d) Run in the wind.
5. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He blames everything on the other guards.
(b) He reminds Creon of his good record.
(c) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(d) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
3. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
4. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
5. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)