|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) Her mother's cross.
(b) Her sister's love.
(c) Her lucky charm.
(d) The Nurse's hands.
2. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
(a) A naughty brat.
(b) A little girl.
(d) A cruel sister.
3. Why is Jonas reluctant to do what Antigone asks of him?
(a) He will be executed.
(b) He is faithful to Creon.
(c) He will get in trouble.
(d) He is in love with Antigone.
4. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Stares at him angrily.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(d) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
5. In Part 6, Antigone begs Creon to do something about the problem in the palace so she can do what?
(a) Escape while he is preoccupied.
(b) Talk to Ismene.
(c) Talk to Haemon.
(d) Die in peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, with whom is Antigone left alone?
2. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
3. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
4. In Part 6, Creon tells Haemon that sooner or later, every man must accept what?
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)