|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Haemon's conversation with Creon is over, what does Haemon do?
(a) Tells his father that he will never see him again.
(b) Runs out screaming for Antigone.
(c) Grabs his father's arm and begs one last time.
(d) Spits in his father's face and curses him.
2. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
(a) Say a prayer for her.
(b) Keep her sister away.
(c) Deliver a letter.
(d) Remove her shackles.
3. In Part 2, who does Ismene say dies for ideas?
(a) The foolhardy.
(c) The cowards.
(d) The brave.
4. What is Antigone's nickname for the Nurse?
(a) Her "second mother."
(b) Her "dearest, darling Nurse."
(c) She doesn't have one.
(d) Her "sweet red apple."
5. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) It is depressing and convoluted.
(b) It is uncomfortable.
(c) It is simple and straightforward.
(d) It is tenuous and unrelenting.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Haemon approaches his father in Part 6, what does Creon do?
2. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
3. How does Antigone enter in the beginning of Part 2?
4. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
5. In Part 6, what has happened to the palace?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)