|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) Why her sister wasn't there.
(b) To whom to deliver the letter.
(c) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
(d) To which saint to pray.
2. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Mortally wounded.
(b) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(c) Turned into an enemy.
(d) Betrayed by his father.
3. In Part 6, Haemon begs Creon to have the courage to be what?
(a) A fair king.
(b) A strong, faithful man.
(c) The loving father he knew as a child.
(d) The best king that Thebes could have.
4. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
(a) Jonas stops her.
(b) She becomes confused.
(c) The guards come to take her away.
(d) She breaks down sobbing.
5. What are the guards assigned to do in Part 4?
(a) Keep interlopers out of the courtyard.
(b) Keep asassins out of the castle.
(c) Watch over the king's family.
(d) Watch over Polynices's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
2. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
3. What was Jonas doing when he discovered Antigone covering Polynices's body?
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
5. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)