|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For making too much noise.
(b) For not having any common sense.
(c) For not respecting her.
(d) For rising so early.
2. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(b) There is no comic relief to be found.
(c) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(d) The characters must all die at the end.
3. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
(a) To bury Polynices.
(b) To run away.
(c) To marry the king.
(d) To elope.
4. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She has a point.
(b) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
(c) She is loyal to her family.
(d) She is just a child.
5. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She leaves the room angrily.
(b) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(c) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
(d) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is looking for Antigone in Part 2?
2. What does Antigone say when Creon confronts her about covering Polynices?
3. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
4. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
5. In Part 2, what does the person who confronts Antigone say in response to Antigone's reply about where she had been?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)