|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
(a) He will live.
(b) He will be reassigned, but his fellow guards will be executed.
(c) He will be forgiven.
(d) He will keep his job.
2. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(b) Stands stoically and agrees.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
3. In Part 4, how deeply was Polynices's body buried?
(a) Just enough to keep the vultures away.
(b) Just his feet and legs were buried.
(c) A dusting of earth was placed over him.
(d) Six feet deep.
4. What does Antigone do when she is confronted in Part 2?
(a) Hints that the person who confonted her is correct.
(b) Openly admits where she was.
(c) Denies all accusations.
(d) Falls to the floor weeping.
5. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
(a) Her mother's cross.
(b) The Nurse's hands.
(c) Her sister's love.
(d) Her lucky charm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
2. What is Haemon's response to his father's statement after their embrace in Part 6?
3. What does Creon say he is going to do in Part 4 in response to Polynices's body being covered?
4. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
5. In Part 6, what does Antigone ask Jonas to do for her?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)