|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Antigone say that she is not?
2. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
(a) If she will suffer.
(b) If they will let her go.
(c) If she can speak with Ismene.
(d) If she can sit down.
3. In Part 6, what does Creon say about his quarrel with Antigone over Polynices's body?
(a) It simply proved that Antigone was impudent.
(b) It was a way for him to learn Antigone's true nature.
(c) It eventually convinced him to release the body.
(d) It was just an excuse.
4. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
(b) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Stands stoically and agrees.
5. What did Antigone fling at Ismene when they were children?
(a) Worms and mud.
(b) Rotten apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who confronts Antigone in Part 2 think Antigone was doing?
2. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
3. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
4. What does Antigone say wards off evil in Part 2?
5. What is Antigone's plan in Part 2?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)