|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
(a) What will happen to their wives.
(b) If there will be a reward.
(c) Why Antigone did what she did.
(d) If they will now escape punishment.
2. In Part 2, for what does the Nurse chastise Antigone and Ismene?
(a) For not respecting her.
(b) For not having any common sense.
(c) For making too much noise.
(d) For rising so early.
3. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
(a) When they take her to be executed.
(b) After she is dead.
(c) After Ismene gets to the palace.
4. In Part 4, what does the heat of the sun do?
(a) Makes Jonas dizzy.
(b) Makes the guards sweat and complain.
(c) Cause the body to smell and make Jonas dizzy.
(d) Forces the guards to seek shelter.
5. What does Ismene try to do when Antigone wants to discuss her plan in Part 2?
(a) Talk Antigone into getting someone else to do it.
(b) Convince Antigone that running away will solve nothing.
(c) Talk Antigone out of it.
(d) Tell Antigone that she will help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, what does Creon say will happen to Jonas if he keeps quiet?
2. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
3. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
4. In Part 4, what does Creon do in response to the guards telling him what Antigone has done?
5. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)