|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
(a) There is no comic relief to be found.
(b) Broken relationships will inevitably follow.
(c) The characters must surrender to the will of fate.
(d) The characters must all die at the end.
2. What does Jonas say in response to Creon's accusations in Part 4?
(a) He reminds Creon of his good record.
(b) He cowers in terror, saying nothing.
(c) He tells Creon that he is not guilty of deserting his post.
(d) He blames everything on the other guards.
3. What does the person who confronts Antigone do when expressing her frustration?
(c) Screams in anger.
(d) Stalks out of the room.
4. What does the Chorus remind Creon about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She is loyal to her family.
(b) Her sister needs her since the rest of the family is dead.
(c) She is just a child.
(d) She has a point.
5. Who does Antigone send to get coffee in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, after Haemon begs Creon to be courageous, how does Creon respond?
2. What instrument was used to throw earth on Polynices's body in Part 4?
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
5. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)