|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of Creon's sons.
(b) An significant member of the Chorus.
(c) One of Creon's advisors.
(d) One of the guards.
2. In Part 2, how does Antigone think her mother would feel about what she was doing?
3. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Stares at him angrily.
(c) Demands that he take off his shoes.
(d) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
4. In Part 6, the Chorus tells Creon that Haemon has been what?
(a) Betrayed by his father.
(b) Cut to the bone by his cruelty.
(c) Mortally wounded.
(d) Turned into an enemy.
5. What does Creon tell the Chorus about Antigone in Part 6?
(a) She was born to die this way.
(b) She is an unrepentant fool.
(c) She is only fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
(d) She is a threat to his authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards wonder after they apprehend Antigone?
2. While the guards are discussing Antigone's capture, what does she ask of them?
3. In Part 2, Ismene says that Antigone behaves too __________.
4. In Part 2, Antigone tells the Nurse that she is too _____________ for what she must do.
5. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)