|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By using her rank as princess.
(b) By screaming and crying.
(c) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
(d) By begging.
2. What is Jonas asking Antigone when the guards burst in?
(a) To whom to deliver the letter.
(b) To which saint to pray.
(c) Why her sister wasn't there.
(d) Why she is making such a sacrifice.
3. What does Ismene say Creon has that will drag them to the scaffold?
(a) A wooden cart full of straw.
(b) A strong, black stallion.
(c) A mob of thousands of arms and eyes.
(d) An army of hundreds.
4. What is the name of Antigone's dog?
5. What does Jonas do when Creon tells him what he is going to do to the guards for their lack of awareness in Part 4?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Pleads for his life, saying he has a family.
(c) Stands stoically and agrees.
(d) Remarks on the cruelty of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
2. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
3. Why can't Antigone finish what she is doing with Jonas at the end of Part 6?
4. In Part 2, Ismene tells Antigone that she is what?
5. What does the Chorus say the only thing left to do at the end of a tragedy is?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)