|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Haemon enters, what does the Nurse do?
(a) Gives him a lecture about Antigone's purity.
(b) Stares at him angrily.
(d) Demands that he take off his shoes.
2. How does Antigone try to convince the guards to let her go?
(a) By using her rank as princess.
(b) By screaming and crying.
(c) By begging.
(d) By saying that the guards misunderstood her actions.
3. What is Antigone's response to Ismene's reply when Antigone tells Ismene about her plan?
(a) She refuses, saying that it is the way things are meant to be.
(b) She disagrees and begins to pack.
(c) She leaves the room angrily.
(d) She agrees and offers Ismene another option.
4. In Part 4, who is Jonas?
(a) One of the guards.
(b) An significant member of the Chorus.
(c) One of Creon's advisors.
(d) One of Creon's sons.
5. In Part 6, what does the Chorus try to convince Creon to do?
(a) Let Antigone off with a warning.
(b) Let Antigone live.
(c) Abdicate the crown.
(d) Put Antigone to death immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, the Chorus says there are four aspects of a tragedy. What is one of those aspects?
2. In Part 4, what does Creon intend to do to the guards after the discovery that Polynices's body has been disturbed?
3. Antigone asks Jonas to do something for her in Part 6. She tells Jonas that she would like this done when?
4. What does Antigone feel like when the person who confronts her gets frustrated in Part 2?
5. What does Ismene ask Antigone after Antigone says that she has considered all of the possible consequences of her proposed actions in Part 2?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)