1. What does Part 1 say about the play's setting?
(a) It has no geographical or historical implications.
(b) It is in the south of France on the shore of the Cote d'Azur.
(c) It is in a gloomy wood.
(d) There is no mention of the play's setting.
2. What is the character's name who introduces the other characters?
(d) The Chorus.
3. How is Antigone described in Part 1?
(a) A bright, blond woman.
(b) An angel.
(c) An uncommonly beautiful creature.
(d) A dark, thin girl.
4. What is Antigone wishing in Part 1?
(a) That her beloved was rich.
(b) That the rain would stop.
(c) That her mother would let her go out by herself.
(d) That she didn't have to die soon.
5. What is Antigone's sister's name?
6. How is Antigone's sister described in Part 1?
(a) A voluptuous, ambitious girl.
(b) A happy, laughing girl.
(c) A dark, thin girl.
(d) A quiet, shy girl.
This section contains 5,343 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)