* An introductory stage direction informs the reader that the play's setting has no geographical or historical implications.
* The characters are on stage.
* A character named Prologue introduces the other characters, describing some of their basic characteristics and eventual fates.
* Antigone is dark and thin, sitting by herself and wishing she didn't have to die soon.
* Ismene is Antigones sister. She is a happy girl and she is laughing and chatting with another character.
* Haemon is the character with whom Ismene is laughing and chatting. He is Antigone's fiance.
* Creon is Haemon's father, who has just been crowned King of Thebes.
* Creon was once the chief advisor to King Oedipus.
* Eteocles and Polynices were Oedipus's heirs. They end up killing each other.
* Creon was named king after the sons killed each other.
* Creon ordered that Eteocles would be given a elaborate funeral. He ordered Polynices's body to be...
This section contains 2,062 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)