|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Creon believes himself to be right, he will not fight _____________.
(d) The prophet
2. Why was the princess to which Antigone is compared locked up in a prison during the play?
(a) A murder
(b) Burying her sister
(c) Defying the king
(d) A prophesy
3. The prophet goes on to tell Creon that he will be paid back _________________.
(a) With great poverty
(b) Corpse for corpse
(c) With a war to end all wars
(d) Ten times fold
4. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
5. What did the king discover about Antigone when he went to her vault where she was imprisoned?
(a) She was asleep
(b) She had escaped
(c) She hanged herself
(d) She was alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
2. What happened to the offering that the prophet made to the gods after the prophet heard strange sounds?
3. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
4. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
5. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)