|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
2. Why is Creon apt to decide that the prophet has been telling him the truth about his situation?
(a) He sees a sign from Zeus
(b) He is too tired to argue
(c) He is getting pressure from the Chorus too
(d) The prophet has never been wrong
3. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
(a) Their home
(b) His sight
(d) The war
4. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
5. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the handicap of Teiresias, the prophet, who comes to speak to Creon during the play?
2. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
3. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
4. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
5. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antigone believe plagues her and all her family from the grave?
2. Why does Creon believe he will be seen as even more powerful than he is now?
3. What does love have the power over, according to this ode in the play?
4. What is Choragos' reaction when Antigone is brought before Creon at the start of this scene?
5. What does the prophet tell Creon when he enters the room, led by the boy into the court?
6. Why is Creon happy that Haemon's fascination with Antigone seems to be fading?
7. What does this ode praise within the story and within the story of mankind as a whole?
8. What does the Chorus elaborate on when it comes to love and its role in the relationship of Haemon and Creon?
9. What does the Messenger say about the grief that the queen must be feeling after the events which took place?
10. What does Creon pity in some men after talking with Haemon about their relationship?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)