|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) The river
(b) In stone
(c) A basket
(d) A castle
2. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
(a) Her husband's daughter
(b) Her husband's first wife
(c) Her husband's two sons
3. Even though Creon believes himself to be right, he will not fight _____________.
(b) The prophet
4. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
(a) He is her cousin
(b) He is her fiance
(c) He is her brother
(d) He is her son
5. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
(a) The prophet
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Haemon, Creon insists that ____________ has no right to tell him how to rule.
2. No ____________ can escape love, according to the Chorus within this scene.
3. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
4. Who gave Polyneices, the son of Oedipus, a proper burial at the end of this play?
5. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the goddess of love and of beauty who the Chorus thinks also enjoys watching the foolishness of man?
2. Why does the Messenger answer the queen, Eurydice, with honesty rather than with lies?
3. What does the prophet tell Creon when he enters the room, led by the boy into the court?
4. What does Antigone believe plagues her and all her family from the grave?
5. What does the prophet tell Creon will happen if he goes through with his actions?
6. What does Haemon come to say to his father, Creon, when he learns about Antigone?
7. Why was King Lycurgus, Dyras' son, imprisoned in stone, according to the Chorus in this ode?
8. Why is Creon happy that Haemon's fascination with Antigone seems to be fading?
9. What does the Chorus elaborate on when it comes to love and its role in the relationship of Haemon and Creon?
10. What does Creon pity in some men after talking with Haemon about their relationship?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)