|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
(a) She died
(b) A curse
(c) A son
(d) A strong spell
2. Who did the king imprison in a story the Chorus relates about the idea of jealousy?
(a) His son
(b) His first wife
(c) His daughter
(d) His mother
3. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
4. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
5. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
2. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
3. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
4. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
5. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chorus lament in relation to Antigone's story and to the story of the princess?
2. What does the Messenger say about the grief that the queen must be feeling after the events which took place?
3. What is Choragos' reaction when Antigone is brought before Creon at the start of this scene?
4. When did Teiresias make an offering to the gods, he tells Creon, that was then refused?
5. What does this ode praise within the story and within the story of mankind as a whole?
6. What does the prophet tell Creon when he enters the room, led by the boy into the court?
7. To whom does this Chorus compare Antigone in this ode and why?
8. What does the prophet tell Creon will happen if he goes through with his actions?
9. What does Haemon come to say to his father, Creon, when he learns about Antigone?
10. Why was King Lycurgus, Dyras' son, imprisoned in stone, according to the Chorus in this ode?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)