|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by hanging
(b) Death by stoning
(c) Death by starvation
(d) Death by poison
2. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
3. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
4. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
5. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
2. The Chorus compares Antigone to ___________, a princess who was imprisoned for an act she might commit.
3. Who does Creon feel have always manipulated him, which is a sign of his own self pity for his situation?
4. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
5. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Antigone compare her emotional state during her time before Creon?
2. Who is the goddess of love and of beauty who the Chorus thinks also enjoys watching the foolishness of man?
3. Why does the Messenger answer the queen, Eurydice, with honesty rather than with lies?
4. What does the prophet tell Creon when he enters the room, led by the boy into the court?
5. What happened in the tomb of Antigone after Creon buried Polyneices properly?
6. What does the Messenger say about the grief that the queen must be feeling after the events which took place?
7. What does Antigone believe plagues her and all her family from the grave?
8. To whom does this Chorus compare Antigone in this ode and why?
9. When did Teiresias make an offering to the gods, he tells Creon, that was then refused?
10. What does Creon pity in some men after talking with Haemon about their relationship?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)