|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prophet cautions Creon and the actions he has taken, saying that he is on the edge of __________.
2. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
(a) She died
(b) A son
(c) A strong spell
(d) A curse
3. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
4. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(a) See her sister again
(c) Laugh again
5. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the princess to which Antigone is compared locked up in a prison during the play?
2. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
3. Who does the Messenger now call a walking dead man during the first part of this scene during the play?
4. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
5. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Messenger have to say about fate at the start of this scene of the play?
2. Why does Creon believe he will be seen as even more powerful than he is now?
3. Why is Creon happy that Haemon's fascination with Antigone seems to be fading?
4. What does the prophet tell Creon will happen if he goes through with his actions?
5. What happened in the tomb of Antigone after Creon buried Polyneices properly?
6. What does the Chorus lament in relation to Antigone's story and to the story of the princess?
7. What does Creon pity in some men after talking with Haemon about their relationship?
8. What is Choragos' reaction when Antigone is brought before Creon at the start of this scene?
9. What does Creon feel about prophets and what they have done to him in the past?
10. What does Haemon come to say to his father, Creon, when he learns about Antigone?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)