|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
2. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
3. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
4. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
5. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
2. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
3. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
4. Choragos tells Creon that the gods are ___________ to him now during the play.
5. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)