|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
2. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
3. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
4. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
5. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) A platform
(b) The fields
(c) The vault
(d) The bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
2. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
3. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
4. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
5. When Choragos asks the Messenger about his depressing tone, who does the Messenger say has killed himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Creon believe he will be seen as even more powerful than he is now?
2. What does the Chorus lament in relation to Antigone's story and to the story of the princess?
3. What does Creon pity in some men after talking with Haemon about their relationship?
4. What does the prophet tell Creon will happen if he goes through with his actions?
5. To whom does Antigone compare her emotional state during her time before Creon?
6. Why does the Messenger answer the queen, Eurydice, with honesty rather than with lies?
7. What is Choragos' reaction when Antigone is brought before Creon at the start of this scene?
8. What does Antigone ask all to see her as when she is standing in front of everyone?
9. What does the Messenger have to say about fate at the start of this scene of the play?
10. What happened in the tomb of Antigone after Creon buried Polyneices properly?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)