|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
2. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
3. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) A platform
(b) The bathroom
(c) The vault
(d) The fields
4. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
5. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
2. Who is commiserating about the dominion of fate at the start of this final scene?
3. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
4. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
5. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Choragos' reaction when Antigone is brought before Creon at the start of this scene?
2. What does the prophet tell Creon when he enters the room, led by the boy into the court?
3. Why was King Lycurgus, Dyras' son, imprisoned in stone, according to the Chorus in this ode?
4. Who is the goddess of love and of beauty who the Chorus thinks also enjoys watching the foolishness of man?
5. When did Teiresias make an offering to the gods, he tells Creon, that was then refused?
6. What does Haemon come to say to his father, Creon, when he learns about Antigone?
7. What does love have the power over, according to this ode in the play?
8. Why does Creon believe he will be seen as even more powerful than he is now?
9. What does the Messenger have to say about fate at the start of this scene of the play?
10. What happened in the tomb of Antigone after Creon buried Polyneices properly?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)