|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Polyneices, the son of Oedipus, a proper burial at the end of this play?
2. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
3. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
4. What happened to the offering that the prophet made to the gods after the prophet heard strange sounds?
(a) It disappeared
(b) It was accepted
(c) It was refused
(d) It was given back to him as an offering
5. The prophet cautions Creon and the actions he has taken, saying that he is on the edge of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
2. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
3. Why is Creon apt to decide that the prophet has been telling him the truth about his situation?
4. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
5. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)