|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
3. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
4. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Surrounding cities
(b) Younger residents
(d) Older men
5. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
4. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
2. What is the one force from which man is not immune, according to the Chorus in this part of the play?
3. What does Choragos have to say about Polyneices during the battle the previous day?
4. What are Antigone and Ismene commiserating about at the start of the story that drives the rest of the play?
5. What happened the day before the opening of the play, according to the speakers in this scene?
6. How is the water image in this stansimon depicted, which is parallel to the ode's ideas about God's wrath?
7. What transpired between the two brothers, according to the Chorus in the play during this scene?
8. What does the decree of King Creon have to say about the burial of Antigone and Ismene's brothers?
9. What does the sentry admit to Choragos when he is being questioned about the burial?
10. What does Antigone have to say when Creon states that she defied the law about burying her brother?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)