Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
2. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(b) The city
(c) The ground
5. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Father's grave
(c) Sister's home
(d) Own home
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
3. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
4. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
5. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the sentry interrogated by Choragos after he is also yelled at and threatened by Creon?
2. What does the Chorus say about man and about his position in the universe?
3. What does Choragos have to say about Polyneices during the battle the previous day?
4. What is Choragos' reaction when Antigone is brought before Creon at the start of this scene?
5. What does Creon feel about prophets and what they have done to him in the past?
6. What does Creon believe is secondary to the general good of the people he now rules?
7. Why does Creon believe he will be seen as even more powerful than he is now?
8. What does the Messenger say about the grief that the queen must be feeling after the events which took place?
9. What transpired between the two brothers, according to the Chorus in the play during this scene?
10. What does the Chorus lament in relation to Antigone's story and to the story of the princess?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)