|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(b) The prophet
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
2. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
4. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the sentry interrogated by Choragos after he is also yelled at and threatened by Creon?
2. What does Creon do in order to address the fears of the people when a new leader emerges?
3. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
4. What will happen to Polyneices' body after he was killed during the battle?
5. In relation to man and to his frailty, the Chorus brings up the evil in having what?
6. What does Antigone plan to do in response to the King's decree about the burial of her brother?
7. What transpired between the two brothers, according to the Chorus in the play during this scene?
8. Why does God support the Theban warriors during the battle that took place prior to the start of the play?
9. What does Creon believe is secondary to the general good of the people he now rules?
10. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)