|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
3. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) More taxes
(b) No support
5. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
2. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
3. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
4. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creon caution against in the support of his decree about the burial rulings for the two men?
2. What does Creon do in order to address the fears of the people when a new leader emerges?
3. What is the one force from which man is not immune, according to the Chorus in this part of the play?
4. What does the Chorus praise when they are speaking in this section of the play?
5. What does the sentry admit to Choragos when he is being questioned about the burial?
6. No matter the vicissitudes of life, what does the Chorus say man is held in?
7. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
8. In relation to man and to his frailty, the Chorus brings up the evil in having what?
9. Why did the sentry not intend to come back to speak to the king about what he knew about Antigone?
10. What does the Chorus speak of in relation to the recent events of the story?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)