Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
5. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Nephew and Aunt
(b) Brother and sister
(c) Son and mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
2. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
5. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Creon caution against in the support of his decree about the burial rulings for the two men?
2. What are Choragos and the Chorus meant to represent during the rest of the play?
3. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
4. What does the Chorus lament in relation to Antigone's story and to the story of the princess?
5. Why was King Lycurgus, Dyras' son, imprisoned in stone, according to the Chorus in this ode?
6. What happened in the tomb of Antigone after Creon buried Polyneices properly?
7. How is the water image in this stansimon depicted, which is parallel to the ode's ideas about God's wrath?
8. What does Haemon come to say to his father, Creon, when he learns about Antigone?
9. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
10. To whom does this Chorus compare Antigone in this ode and why?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)