|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Son and mother
(c) Nephew and Aunt
(d) Brother and sister
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
4. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
5. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
4. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
5. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who informs the audience of the battle that precipitated the previous scene of the play?
2. What does Creon say about his position and his worthiness to be in such a position?
3. What does Choragos have to say about Polyneices during the battle the previous day?
4. What happened the day before the opening of the play, according to the speakers in this scene?
5. What transpired between the two brothers, according to the Chorus in the play during this scene?
6. What are Choragos and the Chorus meant to represent during the rest of the play?
7. What will happen to Polyneices' body after he was killed during the battle?
8. What does the Chorus praise when they are speaking in this section of the play?
9. Why is the sentry interrogated by Choragos after he is also yelled at and threatened by Creon?
10. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)