|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Common man
(b) Mind of Antigone
(c) Conscience of Creon
2. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
2. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is man said to be the Master of when the Chorus speaks of man in this section of the play?
2. What is the one force from which man is not immune, according to the Chorus in this part of the play?
3. What did Antigone do after the winds picked up and darkness fell, after she cried over the body of her brother?
4. No matter the vicissitudes of life, what does the Chorus say man is held in?
5. What happens to men who are happy in their evil doings, according to the Chorus in this scene?
6. What does the sentry admit to Choragos when he is being questioned about the burial?
7. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
8. What will happen to Polyneices' body after he was killed during the battle?
9. What does Creon believe is secondary to the general good of the people he now rules?
10. What are Creon's ideas about loyalty when it comes to ruling the people of Thebes?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)