|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
5. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
2. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chorus say about man and about his position in the universe?
2. What does Creon believe is secondary to the general good of the people he now rules?
3. What does Creon do in order to address the fears of the people when a new leader emerges?
4. What does the sentry admit to Choragos when he is being questioned about the burial?
5. What happens to men who are happy in their evil doings, according to the Chorus in this scene?
6. What does Creon say about his position and his worthiness to be in such a position?
7. What did Antigone do after the winds picked up and darkness fell, after she cried over the body of her brother?
8. Who informs the audience of the battle that precipitated the previous scene of the play?
9. In relation to man and to his frailty, the Chorus brings up the evil in having what?
10. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)