|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
2. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(b) A woman
3. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(a) God's realm
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
2. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
3. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
4. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
5. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antigone have to say when Creon states that she defied the law about burying her brother?
2. To whom does this ode of the play attribute most of Antigone's problems?
3. What does Creon believe is secondary to the general good of the people he now rules?
4. What are Choragos and the Chorus meant to represent during the rest of the play?
5. What will happen to Polyneices' body after he was killed during the battle?
6. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
7. What happened the day before the opening of the play, according to the speakers in this scene?
8. What transpired between the two brothers, according to the Chorus in the play during this scene?
9. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
10. What does the Chorus speak of in relation to the recent events of the story?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)