|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Sentry admit is responsible for the burying of Polyneices?
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
4. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
2. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
3. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
4. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one force from which man is not immune, according to the Chorus in this part of the play?
2. What is the tone that the Chorus now takes on, which is different from the earlier tone it shared?
3. What does Creon say about his position and his worthiness to be in such a position?
4. Who informs the audience of the battle that precipitated the previous scene of the play?
5. What are Antigone and Ismene commiserating about at the start of the story that drives the rest of the play?
6. What does Creon do in order to address the fears of the people when a new leader emerges?
7. What does the sentry admit to Choragos when he is being questioned about the burial?
8. What does the Chorus speak of in relation to the recent events of the story?
9. What will happen to Polyneices' body after he was killed during the battle?
10. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)