|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Father's grave
(b) Sister's home
(c) Own home
3. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) A blanket
(c) Loose dirt
4. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
4. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
5. Who does the Sentry admit is responsible for the burying of Polyneices?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the goddess of love and of beauty who the Chorus thinks also enjoys watching the foolishness of man?
2. What does the prophet tell Creon will happen if he goes through with his actions?
3. What does Choragos have to say about Polyneices during the battle the previous day?
4. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
5. What does Haemon come to say to his father, Creon, when he learns about Antigone?
6. Why does Creon say that Eteocles will receive a proper burial after his efforts in the battle?
7. What is man said to be the Master of when the Chorus speaks of man in this section of the play?
8. Why is Creon happy that Haemon's fascination with Antigone seems to be fading?
9. What transpired between the two brothers, according to the Chorus in the play during this scene?
10. What does the Chorus praise when they are speaking in this section of the play?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)