|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
(a) Her beauty
(b) Her innocence
(c) Her suffering
(d) Her royal ancestry
2. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
3. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
4. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
(b) The prophet
5. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
6. Who visited the princess during her imprisonment for something she could do nothing about?
7. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
8. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
9. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
10. The prophet goes on to tell Creon that he will be paid back _________________.
(a) Corpse for corpse
(b) Ten times fold
(c) With a war to end all wars
(d) With great poverty
11. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
12. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
(a) His brother
(b) His uncle
(c) His cousin
(d) His father
13. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
14. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
15. The prophet tells Creon he has kept Polyneices from ____________ and buried Antigone alive.
(a) The gods
(b) His sister
(c) The truth
(d) His family
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was cursing Creon in their final moments on earth before they killed themselves?
2. The Messenger understands that the queen's _____________ might be too great for public display.
3. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
4. The prophet tells Creon to _______________ and to rescind his proclamation.
5. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)