|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visited the princess during her imprisonment for something she could do nothing about?
2. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
3. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
4. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
5. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
6. Creon realizes that the tragedy is surely punishment from _________ and the pain is immeasurable.
(c) The prophet
(d) His ancestors
7. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
(b) Her death
(c) Her beauty
(d) Haemon's will
8. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
(a) A strong spell
(b) A curse
(c) A son
(d) She died
9. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
10. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(c) See her sister again
(d) Laugh again
11. Choragos tells Creon that the gods are ___________ to him now during the play.
12. The prophet tells Creon he has kept Polyneices from ____________ and buried Antigone alive.
(a) The gods
(b) His family
(c) The truth
(d) His sister
13. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
(c) The prophet
14. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
15. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Love keepest the vigil on the soft cheek of a ____________, according to the Chorus in this section during the play.
2. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
3. Who is commiserating about the dominion of fate at the start of this final scene?
4. The prophet goes on to tell Creon that he will be paid back _________________.
5. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)