|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
2. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
(b) Her beauty
(c) Haemon's will
(d) Her death
3. Who does the Messenger now call a walking dead man during the first part of this scene during the play?
(b) The prophet
4. What is the handicap of Teiresias, the prophet, who comes to speak to Creon during the play?
(c) One leg
5. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
6. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) The fields
(b) The bathroom
(c) The vault
(d) A platform
7. Who visited the princess during her imprisonment for something she could do nothing about?
8. Haemon points out to his father that the citizens of the city do not see Antigone as a ______________.
9. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
10. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
11. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
12. What did the king discover about Antigone when he went to her vault where she was imprisoned?
(a) She was asleep
(b) She had escaped
(c) She was alive
(d) She hanged herself
13. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
14. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
15. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
2. Why is Creon apt to decide that the prophet has been telling him the truth about his situation?
3. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
4. The prophet tells Creon he has kept Polyneices from ____________ and buried Antigone alive.
5. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)