|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No ____________ can escape love, according to the Chorus within this scene.
2. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
(a) Her husband's daughter
(b) Her husband's first wife
(d) Her husband's two sons
3. The prophet tells Creon to _______________ and to rescind his proclamation.
(a) Get over himself
(b) Dig up Eteocles
(c) Step down from power
(d) Bury Polyneices
4. Who was cursing Creon in their final moments on earth before they killed themselves?
5. Who does Creon feel have always manipulated him, which is a sign of his own self pity for his situation?
(b) The Gods
(d) The prophets
6. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
7. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
8. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
9. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by starvation
(b) Death by stoning
(c) Death by hanging
(d) Death by poison
10. Even though Creon believes himself to be right, he will not fight _____________.
(d) The prophet
11. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) In stone
(b) A basket
(c) A castle
(d) The river
12. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
13. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
14. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
15. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(a) Laugh again
(d) See her sister again
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
2. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
3. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
4. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
5. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)