Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
2. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
3. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
4. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
5. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
6. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
7. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
8. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
9. Choragos tells Creon that the gods are ___________ to him now during the play.
10. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
11. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) A basket
(b) A castle
(c) In stone
(d) The river
12. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
(a) He is her brother
(b) He is her cousin
(c) He is her son
(d) He is her fiance
13. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by hanging
(b) Death by starvation
(c) Death by poison
(d) Death by stoning
14. Who does Creon feel have always manipulated him, which is a sign of his own self pity for his situation?
(b) The prophets
(d) The Gods
15. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
(a) Her husband's first wife
(b) Her husband's daughter
(c) Her husband's two sons
Short Answer Questions
1. The prophet goes on to tell Creon that he will be paid back _________________.
2. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
3. Who was cursing Creon in their final moments on earth before they killed themselves?
4. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
5. Who does the Messenger now call a walking dead man during the first part of this scene during the play?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)