|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the handicap of Teiresias, the prophet, who comes to speak to Creon during the play?
(c) One leg
2. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
3. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) The river
(b) A castle
(c) A basket
(d) In stone
4. The Messenger understands that the queen's _____________ might be too great for public display.
5. Love keepest the vigil on the soft cheek of a ____________, according to the Chorus in this section during the play.
6. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
7. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
8. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
(b) The war
(c) His sight
(d) Their home
9. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
10. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
11. Should the proud have survived to old age, notes Choragos, they will have learned to be _________.
12. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
13. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by poison
(b) Death by stoning
(c) Death by starvation
(d) Death by hanging
14. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
(a) The prophet
15. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
2. The prophet tells Creon he has kept Polyneices from ____________ and buried Antigone alive.
3. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
4. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
5. What happened to the offering that the prophet made to the gods after the prophet heard strange sounds?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)