|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the offering that the prophet made to the gods after the prophet heard strange sounds?
(a) It was refused
(b) It was accepted
(c) It was given back to him as an offering
(d) It disappeared
2. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
(a) Haemon's will
(c) Her beauty
(d) Her death
3. Who goes to free Antigone and to bury Polyneices as the prophet said should be done?
(a) The boy
4. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
5. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
6. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
(d) Acting as a God
7. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
8. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
9. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
10. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
11. What is the handicap of Teiresias, the prophet, who comes to speak to Creon during the play?
(d) One leg
12. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
13. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
14. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(c) Laugh again
(d) See her sister again
15. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
2. The prophet cautions Creon and the actions he has taken, saying that he is on the edge of __________.
3. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
4. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
5. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)