|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
(a) Her suffering
(b) Her royal ancestry
(c) Her innocence
(d) Her beauty
2. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
3. Who does Creon feel have always manipulated him, which is a sign of his own self pity for his situation?
(a) The Gods
(b) The prophets
4. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(a) Laugh again
(b) See her sister again
5. What did the king discover about Antigone when he went to her vault where she was imprisoned?
(a) She had escaped
(b) She hanged herself
(c) She was alive
(d) She was asleep
6. Who leads Teiresias into the court in order to see the King Creon and tell him some news during the play?
(c) A boy
7. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
8. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
9. The Chorus compares Antigone to ___________, a princess who was imprisoned for an act she might commit.
10. Even though Creon believes himself to be right, he will not fight _____________.
(c) The prophet
11. Who goes to free Antigone and to bury Polyneices as the prophet said should be done?
(c) The boy
12. Why was the princess to which Antigone is compared locked up in a prison during the play?
(a) A murder
(b) Burying her sister
(c) A prophesy
(d) Defying the king
13. What is the handicap of Teiresias, the prophet, who comes to speak to Creon during the play?
(d) One leg
14. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
15. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
2. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
3. Who did the king imprison in a story the Chorus relates about the idea of jealousy?
4. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
5. The prophet cautions Creon and the actions he has taken, saying that he is on the edge of __________.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)