|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
2. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
3. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
4. The Messenger understands that the queen's _____________ might be too great for public display.
5. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
6. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
7. Creon realizes that the tragedy is surely punishment from _________ and the pain is immeasurable.
(c) His ancestors
(d) The prophet
8. No ____________ can escape love, according to the Chorus within this scene.
9. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
10. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
11. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
12. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
13. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
14. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
(a) Her beauty
(b) Her suffering
(c) Her royal ancestry
(d) Her innocence
15. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prophet tells Creon he has kept Polyneices from ____________ and buried Antigone alive.
2. When Choragos asks the Messenger about his depressing tone, who does the Messenger say has killed himself?
3. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
4. Who does Creon feel have always manipulated him, which is a sign of his own self pity for his situation?
5. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)