|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
2. When Choragos asks the Messenger about his depressing tone, who does the Messenger say has killed himself?
(a) The sentry
(c) The prophet
3. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
4. When talking to Haemon, Creon insists that ____________ has no right to tell him how to rule.
(b) The Chorus
(c) The city
(d) The God
5. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
6. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
7. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
(d) The prophet
8. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
9. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
(a) Her husband's two sons
(b) Her husband's first wife
(c) Her husband's daughter
10. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
(a) Acting as a God
11. The Chorus compares Antigone to ___________, a princess who was imprisoned for an act she might commit.
12. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
13. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
14. Who does the Messenger now call a walking dead man during the first part of this scene during the play?
(c) The prophet
15. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Creon apt to decide that the prophet has been telling him the truth about his situation?
2. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
3. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
4. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
5. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)