|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prophet cautions Creon and the actions he has taken, saying that he is on the edge of __________.
2. Who is the Greek goddess of love and of beauty, according to history and to the Chorus?
(d) Helen of Troy
3. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
4. Who is commiserating about the dominion of fate at the start of this final scene?
5. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(c) See her sister again
(d) Laugh again
6. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
7. The Chorus compares Antigone to ___________, a princess who was imprisoned for an act she might commit.
8. What happened to the offering that the prophet made to the gods after the prophet heard strange sounds?
(a) It was accepted
(b) It was refused
(c) It was given back to him as an offering
(d) It disappeared
9. Why is Creon apt to decide that the prophet has been telling him the truth about his situation?
(a) The prophet has never been wrong
(b) He sees a sign from Zeus
(c) He is too tired to argue
(d) He is getting pressure from the Chorus too
10. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His cousin
(d) His uncle
11. What is the handicap of Teiresias, the prophet, who comes to speak to Creon during the play?
(d) One leg
12. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
13. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
(a) Her royal ancestry
(b) Her beauty
(c) Her suffering
(d) Her innocence
14. Who did the king imprison in a story the Chorus relates about the idea of jealousy?
(a) His first wife
(b) His mother
(c) His son
(d) His daughter
15. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
Short Answer Questions
1. Choragos tells Creon to do as the prophet tells him to do as the justice of the __________ is swift.
2. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
3. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
4. Choragos tells Creon that the gods are ___________ to him now during the play.
5. The Messenger understands that the queen's _____________ might be too great for public display.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)