|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) In stone
(b) A basket
(c) The river
(d) A castle
2. When talking to Haemon, Creon insists that ____________ has no right to tell him how to rule.
(a) The Chorus
(b) The city
(c) The God
3. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by hanging
(b) Death by starvation
(c) Death by poison
(d) Death by stoning
4. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
5. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
(a) Her husband's first wife
(b) Her husband's two sons
(c) Her husband's daughter
6. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
7. When Choragos asks the Messenger about his depressing tone, who does the Messenger say has killed himself?
(b) The prophet
(d) The sentry
8. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
9. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
10. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
11. The prophet cautions Creon and the actions he has taken, saying that he is on the edge of __________.
12. Who is the Greek goddess of love and of beauty, according to history and to the Chorus?
(a) Helen of Troy
13. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
14. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
(a) His father
(b) His uncle
(c) His cousin
(d) His brother
15. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
(a) Her suffering
(b) Her innocence
(c) Her royal ancestry
(d) Her beauty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads Teiresias into the court in order to see the King Creon and tell him some news during the play?
2. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
3. What happened to the offering that the prophet made to the gods after the prophet heard strange sounds?
4. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
5. The prophet tells Creon to _______________ and to rescind his proclamation.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)