|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus compares Antigone to ___________, a princess who was imprisoned for an act she might commit.
2. Choragos tells Creon that the gods are ___________ to him now during the play.
3. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
4. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
(a) His father
(b) His brother
(c) His cousin
(d) His uncle
5. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by hanging
(b) Death by starvation
(c) Death by stoning
(d) Death by poison
6. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
7. The prophet goes on to tell Creon that he will be paid back _________________.
(a) With great poverty
(b) Corpse for corpse
(c) Ten times fold
(d) With a war to end all wars
8. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
9. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) A basket
(b) In stone
(c) A castle
(d) The river
10. The Messenger understands that the queen's _____________ might be too great for public display.
11. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
12. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
13. Who visited the princess during her imprisonment for something she could do nothing about?
14. Who was with Antigone in the tomb when Creon showed up to let her go?
(c) The prophet
15. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
(b) Acting as a God
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
2. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
3. Who leads Teiresias into the court in order to see the King Creon and tell him some news during the play?
4. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
5. When Choragos asks the Messenger about his depressing tone, who does the Messenger say has killed himself?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)