|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
2. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
(a) A strong spell
(b) A son
(c) A curse
(d) She died
3. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
4. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
5. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
6. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
7. Who goes to free Antigone and to bury Polyneices as the prophet said should be done?
(d) The boy
8. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
(b) Acting as a God
9. Love keepest the vigil on the soft cheek of a ____________, according to the Chorus in this section during the play.
10. The prophet tells Creon he has kept Polyneices from ____________ and buried Antigone alive.
(a) His family
(b) His sister
(c) The truth
(d) The gods
11. Who leads Teiresias into the court in order to see the King Creon and tell him some news during the play?
(d) A boy
12. No ____________ can escape love, according to the Chorus within this scene.
13. Who did the king imprison in a story the Chorus relates about the idea of jealousy?
(a) His mother
(b) His daughter
(c) His first wife
(d) His son
14. Who is commiserating about the dominion of fate at the start of this final scene?
15. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Polyneices, the son of Oedipus, a proper burial at the end of this play?
2. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
3. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
4. When talking to Haemon, Creon insists that ____________ has no right to tell him how to rule.
5. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)