|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(c) The Moon
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
(b) Just a woman
5. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
6. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
7. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(c) Mount Olympus
8. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(b) New leader
(c) Public hanging
(d) Public stoning
9. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
(b) Singing to it
(c) Anointing it
(d) Burning it
10. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
11. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(c) Named all
12. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
13. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(b) Forgive her
(c) Interrogate her
(d) Kill her
14. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
15. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(c) God's realm
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
2. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
4. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
5. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)