|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
2. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Try to kill Antigone
(c) Try to kill Jocasta
(d) Blind himself
4. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
5. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(a) Mount Olympus
6. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
7. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
8. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
9. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
10. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
11. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
12. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
13. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
14. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
15. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
2. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
3. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
4. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
5. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)