|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Common man
(b) Conscience of Creon
(c) Mind of Antigone
2. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(a) Father and son
6. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Jocasta
(b) Kill himself
(c) Blind himself
(d) Try to kill Antigone
7. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
8. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
9. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
10. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
11. Who does the Sentry admit is responsible for the burying of Polyneices?
12. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
13. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
14. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
15. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
2. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
3. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
4. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
5. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)