|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
4. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
6. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
7. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
8. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
9. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(b) Own home
(d) Father's grave
10. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(d) Julius Caesar
11. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
12. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
13. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
14. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
15. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)