|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
2. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
3. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
4. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
5. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
6. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
7. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(c) Firing squad
8. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
9. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
10. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
11. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
12. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
13. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
14. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
15. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Conscience of Creon
(b) Mind of Antigone
(c) Common man
Short Answer Questions
1. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)