|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
2. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
3. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(d) Named all
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(b) The prophet
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(d) Firing squad
6. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
(a) Just a woman
7. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
8. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Common man
(b) Mind of Antigone
(c) Conscience of Creon
9. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Father's grave
(c) Sister's home
(d) Own home
10. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
11. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
12. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
13. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
14. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
15. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
(b) The prophet
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
2. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
3. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
4. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
5. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)