|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
2. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
3. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
6. Who does the Sentry admit is responsible for the burying of Polyneices?
7. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
8. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
9. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
10. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
11. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
12. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
13. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(c) Julius Caesar
14. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(b) To tell Creon
(c) That she will help her
(d) That she will not support her
15. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
2. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
3. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)