|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(b) Own home
(c) Father's grave
(d) Sister's home
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
4. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
5. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(b) Our gore
6. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(c) The city
(d) The ground
7. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
8. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
9. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
10. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
(a) She says nothing
(b) She blames Ismene
(c) She denies everything
(d) She denies nothing
11. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
12. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
13. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
14. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
15. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(b) A blanket
(c) Loose dirt
Short Answer Questions
1. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
2. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
3. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
4. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
5. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)