|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
4. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
5. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
6. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
7. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
8. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(c) More taxes
(d) No support
9. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(b) The prophet
10. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
11. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
12. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(c) Mount Olympus
13. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
14. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her cowardice
(b) Her false promises
(c) Her bloodline
(d) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
15. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
4. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
5. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)