Short Essay Questions
1. What is the status of the battle at the start of the play, ANTIGONE?
2. What are Antigone and Ismene commiserating about at the start of the story that drives the rest of the play?
3. What does the decree of King Creon have to say about the burial of Antigone and Ismene's brothers?
4. What will happen to Polyneices' body after he was killed during the battle?
5. What does Antigone plan to do in response to the King's decree about the burial of her brother?
6. What is the punishment for Antigone if she goes against the decree of King Creon?
7. Who informs the audience of the battle that precipitated the previous scene of the play?
8. What happened the day before the opening of the play, according to the speakers in this scene?
9. What does Choragos have to say about Polyneices during the battle the previous day?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)