|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
2. The prophet tells Creon to _______________ and to rescind his proclamation.
(a) Get over himself
(b) Step down from power
(c) Dig up Eteocles
(d) Bury Polyneices
3. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
4. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(b) Firing squad
5. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public hanging
(b) Public stoning
(d) New leader
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
3. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
4. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
5. When Choragos asks the Messenger about his depressing tone, who does the Messenger say has killed himself?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)