|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
2. Who goes to free Antigone and to bury Polyneices as the prophet said should be done?
(a) The boy
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew straws
(b) Drew swords
(d) Threw dice
4. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
5. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
2. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
3. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
4. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
5. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)