|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Son and mother
(b) Nephew and Aunt
(c) Brother and sister
2. Creon realizes that the tragedy is surely punishment from _________ and the pain is immeasurable.
(b) His ancestors
(c) The prophet
3. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Messenger
(b) The Chorus
(d) The sentry
5. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
2. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
3. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
4. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
5. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)