|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew swords
(b) Drew straws
(c) Threw dice
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Conscience of Creon
(c) Common man
(d) Mind of Antigone
5. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. Haemon points out to his father that the citizens of the city do not see Antigone as a ______________.
4. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)