|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
2. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
3. Should the proud have survived to old age, notes Choragos, they will have learned to be _________.
4. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
5. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though the king might have everything in life a powerful man might want, without __________ he has nothing coveted by others.
2. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
3. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)