|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Exodus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
2. Who gave Polyneices, the son of Oedipus, a proper burial at the end of this play?
3. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(b) The ground
(d) The city
4. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
5. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
2. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
3. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
4. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
5. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)