|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
2. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew straws
(c) Threw dice
(d) Drew swords
4. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
5. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
2. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
3. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
4. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
5. Why was the princess to which Antigone is compared locked up in a prison during the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)