|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Greek goddess of love and of beauty, according to history and to the Chorus?
(a) Helen of Troy
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(c) Our gore
4. Haemon points out to his father that the citizens of the city do not see Antigone as a ______________.
5. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
3. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
4. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
5. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)