|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
3. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
4. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
5. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(b) The prophet
(c) Young boy
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Haemon, Creon insists that ____________ has no right to tell him how to rule.
2. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
4. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
5. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)