|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
(a) He is her cousin
(b) He is her son
(c) He is her fiance
(d) He is her brother
2. Who visited the princess during her imprisonment for something she could do nothing about?
3. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
4. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
5. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
2. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
3. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
4. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
5. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)