|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
2. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(d) The prophet
4. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
(a) His sight
(c) Their home
(d) The war
5. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
2. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
3. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
4. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
5. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)