|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(b) A blanket
(c) Loose dirt
2. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
3. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
4. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
5. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
2. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
5. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)