|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
2. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
3. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
(a) The war
(c) Their home
(d) His sight
4. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
2. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
3. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
4. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
5. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)