|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
2. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
3. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
4. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
(a) She denies nothing
(b) She denies everything
(c) She blames Ismene
(d) She says nothing
5. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
3. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
4. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
5. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)