|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(b) Young boy
(d) The prophet
3. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
4. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(c) Firing squad
5. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) More taxes
(d) No support
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
2. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
3. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
4. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
5. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)