|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
2. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(a) Mount Olympus
3. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
4. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
5. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
2. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
3. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
4. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
5. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)