|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(b) Young boy
(c) The prophet
3. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(c) The Moon
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
3. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
4. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
5. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)