|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The sentry
(c) The Messenger
(d) The Chorus
3. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(b) A burden of making things right
(d) Genetic disease
5. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
2. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
3. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)