|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(b) Public stoning
(c) Public hanging
(d) New leader
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
4. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
5. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
2. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
3. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
4. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
5. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)