|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
2. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
3. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
2. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
3. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
4. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
5. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)