|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
2. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
3. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
4. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
5. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
2. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
3. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
4. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
5. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)