|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Surrounding cities
(c) Younger residents
(d) Older men
4. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
5. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
2. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
3. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
4. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
5. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)