|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) To tell Creon
(c) That she will help her
(d) That she will not support her
2. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
3. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) A burden of making things right
(b) Genetic disease
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Jocasta
(b) Try to kill Antigone
(c) Kill himself
(d) Blind himself
Short Answer Questions
1. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
2. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
3. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
4. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
5. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)