|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
3. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
4. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(a) Father and son
5. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
2. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
3. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)