|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
2. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
(a) Just a woman
3. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
4. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
5. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
Short Answer Questions
1. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)