|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(b) The ground
(c) The city
2. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
3. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(c) Loose dirt
(d) A blanket
5. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
2. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
3. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
4. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
5. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)