|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) That she will not support her
(b) To tell Creon
(c) That she will help her
3. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
4. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) The sun began to shine brighter
(b) It began to storm
(c) It grew dark
(d) A fog rolled in
5. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
2. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
3. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
4. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)