|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
4. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(b) Son and mother
(c) Brother and sister
(d) Nephew and Aunt
5. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
2. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
3. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
5. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)