|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
2. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Older men
(b) Surrounding cities
(c) Younger residents
3. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) Genetic disease
(d) A burden of making things right
4. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(b) The world's
(d) A woman's
5. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
4. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)