|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
2. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
3. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
4. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
5. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(a) Named all
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
3. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)