|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
2. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(a) Women rulers
3. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
4. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
5. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
2. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
3. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
5. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)