|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
2. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(b) God's realm
3. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
(c) Just a woman
4. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(b) Statue in his memory
(c) Full military burial
(d) Pension for his family
5. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
2. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
3. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)