|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
2. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Threw dice
(b) Drew swords
(c) Drew straws
4. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Pension for his family
(b) Statue in his memory
(c) Full military burial
5. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
Short Answer Questions
1. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
2. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
5. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)