|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
2. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Threw dice
(b) Drew swords
(d) Drew straws
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(d) Mount Olympus
5. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
Short Answer Questions
1. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
2. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
3. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)