|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
2. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
3. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) A fog rolled in
(b) It began to storm
(c) It grew dark
(d) The sun began to shine brighter
4. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
5. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
3. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
4. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
5. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)