|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
3. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(b) Named all
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
2. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
3. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
4. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
5. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)