|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
2. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
3. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(a) A woman's
(b) The world's
Short Answer Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
3. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
5. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)