|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
2. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) It began to storm
(b) The sun began to shine brighter
(c) A fog rolled in
(d) It grew dark
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(c) The city
(d) The ground
5. Haemon points out to his father that the citizens of the city do not see Antigone as a ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
2. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
3. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
5. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)