|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) The sun began to shine brighter
(b) It began to storm
(c) It grew dark
(d) A fog rolled in
3. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(a) Kill her
(b) Forgive her
(c) Interrogate her
4. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
5. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
2. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
5. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)