|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
3. Creon is told by ______________ that trees and ships yield to the destructive nature of floods.
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) New leader
(c) Public hanging
(d) Public stoning
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Older men
(b) Younger residents
(d) Surrounding cities
Short Answer Questions
1. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
2. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
3. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)