|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
2. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
3. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
4. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) To tell Creon
(b) That she will help her
(d) That she will not support her
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
3. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)