|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
2. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
3. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
4. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(a) Firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
2. If you are to be weak in your allegiances, Creon says, make it to a ____________.
3. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)