|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
2. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(a) Named all
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(b) Own home
(d) Father's grave
5. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
2. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
3. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
4. The Chorus talks about love's strength and destruction, such as it is between Creon and ____________.
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)