|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew straws
(b) Drew swords
(c) Threw dice
2. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
3. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
4. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
5. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
2. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
3. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
4. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)