|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(c) A woman's
(d) The world's
4. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
5. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
2. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
5. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)