|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 3 (Third Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
2. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
3. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
4. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
5. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
2. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
3. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
4. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)