|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
2. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Own home
(b) Sister's home
(c) Father's grave
3. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
4. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
2. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
3. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)