|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(c) Our gore
2. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Antigone
(b) Blind himself
(c) Try to kill Jocasta
(d) Kill himself
4. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
3. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)