|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) More taxes
(b) No support
3. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
4. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(b) God's realm
5. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
2. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
3. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
4. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
5. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)