|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(b) A woman
3. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
4. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
5. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)