|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Older men
(b) Younger residents
(c) Surrounding cities
2. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
3. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
4. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
5. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon believes that because of Antigone's stubbornness, she will inevitably __________.
2. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
5. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)