|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
2. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(d) Mount Olympus
3. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(a) The city
(d) The ground
4. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
5. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(c) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
4. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
5. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)