|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
2. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
3. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
4. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
5. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
4. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
5. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)