|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
3. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) Loose dirt
(b) A blanket
5. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
2. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
3. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
4. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
5. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)