|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(b) Kill her
(c) Forgive her
(d) Interrogate her
2. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
3. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(b) Named all
4. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
5. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(b) The Messenger
(c) The Chorus
(d) The sentry
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
2. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)