|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(b) Genetic disease
(c) A burden of making things right
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) New leader
(b) Public stoning
(d) Public hanging
4. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(b) Her false promises
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her bloodline
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
4. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
5. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)