|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
3. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
4. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
5. Creon believes that because of Antigone's stubbornness, she will inevitably __________.
(c) Get her way
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
4. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
5. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)