|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
2. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Surrounding cities
(c) Younger residents
(d) Older men
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(b) Drew straws
(c) Threw dice
(d) Drew swords
4. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
3. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
4. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
5. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)