|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Sentry admit is responsible for the burying of Polyneices?
2. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
3. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The sentry
(b) The Chorus
(d) The Messenger
4. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) The sun began to shine brighter
(b) It grew dark
(c) A fog rolled in
(d) It began to storm
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(b) Father and son
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
2. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
3. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)