|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
2. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
3. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(b) Mind of Antigone
(c) Common man
(d) Conscience of Creon
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)