|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(b) Father's grave
(d) Own home
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(a) Forgive her
(b) Kill her
(d) Interrogate her
4. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
3. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
4. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
5. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)