|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(a) Father and son
2. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(b) Named all
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(c) Firing squad
5. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
2. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
3. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
4. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
5. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)