|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(d) A woman
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
4. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
5. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)