|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
(a) Just a woman
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(c) A burden of making things right
(d) Genetic disease
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(a) God's realm
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
2. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
3. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)