|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
2. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(a) Women rulers
3. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Common man
(b) Mind of Antigone
(d) Conscience of Creon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
2. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
5. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)