|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
2. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her false promises
(b) Her bloodline
(c) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(d) Her cowardice
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
4. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
5. Creon sees the rights of the _____________ as different for those who are good and those who are wicked.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)