|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
2. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
3. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
4. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
5. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
4. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
5. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)