|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
2. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
3. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) To tell Creon
(b) That she will help her
(c) That she will not support her
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) New leader
(b) Public stoning
(d) Public hanging
5. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(b) Named all
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
2. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)