|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public hanging
(b) Public stoning
(c) New leader
2. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(b) Our gore
3. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Older men
(b) Surrounding cities
(c) Younger residents
4. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
5. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
2. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
3. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)