|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
2. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) It began to storm
(b) It grew dark
(c) The sun began to shine brighter
(d) A fog rolled in
3. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(a) The Moon
4. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
5. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
2. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
3. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)