|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
2. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
3. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
4. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
5. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
2. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
3. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)