|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) Genetic disease
(c) A burden of making things right
3. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
4. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(b) Our gore
5. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(d) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
2. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
3. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)