|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
2. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Jocasta
(b) Kill himself
(c) Blind himself
(d) Try to kill Antigone
3. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public stoning
(c) New leader
(d) Public hanging
4. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
5. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
(a) The sun began to shine brighter
(b) A fog rolled in
(c) It began to storm
(d) It grew dark
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
3. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
4. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)