|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(d) Father and son
2. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
3. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
4. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
5. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) Genetic disease
(b) A burden of making things right
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
2. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
5. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)