|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon says that Ismene should also be put to death as she is guilty of ____________ in the burial.
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(a) The Moon
3. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(b) Surrounding cities
(c) Younger residents
(d) Older men
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
2. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
4. Creon believes that because of Antigone's stubbornness, she will inevitably __________.
5. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)