|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(d) A woman
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(b) Brother and sister
(c) Son and mother
(d) Nephew and Aunt
3. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) That she will not support her
(c) That she will help her
(d) To tell Creon
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public hanging
(b) New leader
(c) Public stoning
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)