|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(b) Interrogate her
(c) Kill her
(d) Forgive her
2. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(b) Women rulers
3. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
(a) The prophet
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
2. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
3. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)