|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
4. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
5. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
4. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
5. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)