|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
2. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Statue in his memory
(c) Full military burial
(d) Pension for his family
3. Antigone points out to Creon that she is aware that __________ is inevitable for her, both now and in the future.
4. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
4. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
5. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)