|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(a) Forgive her
(b) Interrogate her
(d) Kill her
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
4. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
5. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
3. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
4. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
5. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)