|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(d) Women rulers
2. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
3. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(b) The prophet
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) That she will help her
(b) To tell Creon
(c) That she will not support her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)