|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Chorus
(c) The Messenger
(d) The sentry
3. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
4. Creon argues that ______________ would be insulted that Antigone decided to bury the body of Polyneices.
5. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(c) Women rulers
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
2. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)