|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(b) More taxes
(c) No support
2. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
3. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. Creon believes that because of Antigone's stubbornness, she will inevitably __________.
(d) Get her way
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
2. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
3. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
4. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
5. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)