|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
2. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) Nephew and Aunt
(c) Son and mother
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
3. Antigone states that Creon's law will never be __________ law, which is the law Antigone believes is important.
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)