|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(b) Women rulers
3. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her cowardice
(b) Her false promises
(c) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(d) Her bloodline
4. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
5. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
2. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
3. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
4. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)