|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
3. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
4. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
5. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
3. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)