|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
3. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(b) To tell Creon
(c) That she will help her
(d) That she will not support her
4. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
5. How does Antigone respond when she is questioned by King Creon about her actions?
(a) She says nothing
(b) She denies nothing
(c) She blames Ismene
(d) She denies everything
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
2. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
3. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
4. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
5. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)