|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) A blanket
(b) Loose dirt
5. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(b) Public stoning
(c) New leader
(d) Public hanging
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
3. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
4. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
5. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)