|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Son and mother
(c) Brother and sister
(d) Nephew and Aunt
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(b) Father's grave
(d) Own home
4. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Threw dice
(b) Drew straws
(c) Drew swords
5. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
3. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)