|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
2. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
5. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)