|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
5. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
2. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
3. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
4. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
5. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)