|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Younger residents
(c) Older men
(d) Surrounding cities
5. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(d) Julius Caesar
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)