|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Younger residents
(c) Surrounding cities
(d) Older men
2. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Threw dice
(c) Drew straws
(d) Drew swords
4. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
5. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
2. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
5. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)