|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(d) Julius Caesar
2. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
3. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
4. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
5. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)