|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
2. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(b) Julius Caesar
3. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(b) Brother and sister
(c) Son and mother
(d) Nephew and Aunt
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Full military burial
(b) Pension for his family
(c) Statue in his memory
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
2. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
5. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)