|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(b) Her bloodline
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her false promises
2. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(c) Father and son
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) Nephew and Aunt
(d) Son and mother
5. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)