|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(c) Own home
(d) Father's grave
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(b) To tell Creon
(c) That she will help her
(d) That she will not support her
3. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
4. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
5. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
2. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
3. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)