|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Antigone
(b) Kill himself
(c) Blind himself
(d) Try to kill Jocasta
4. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(d) Firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
2. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
5. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)