|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(b) Young boy
(c) The prophet
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Older men
(b) Younger residents
(d) Surrounding cities
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
3. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)