|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Threw dice
(b) Drew straws
(c) Drew swords
4. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Pension for his family
(b) Full military burial
(c) Statue in his memory
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)