|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(c) Our gore
3. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Messenger
(b) The Chorus
(c) The sentry
4. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
5. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)