|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(b) The prophet
2. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
3. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Father's grave
(c) Own home
(d) Sister's home
Short Answer Questions
1. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
2. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
3. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
4. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
5. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)