|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
2. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her cowardice
(c) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(d) Her false promises
5. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
2. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)