|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) Loose dirt
(b) A blanket
2. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
3. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
2. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
3. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)