|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(c) Father's grave
(d) Own home
2. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(b) Julius Caesar
5. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
2. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
3. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
5. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)