|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her cowardice
(b) Her bloodline
(c) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(d) Her false promises
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
3. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
4. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)