|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
4. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
5. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)