|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
2. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Antigone
(b) Blind himself
(c) Try to kill Jocasta
(d) Kill himself
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(b) A burden of making things right
(d) Genetic disease
5. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
2. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
3. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)