|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
2. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
3. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
4. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
5. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
2. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
3. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)