|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
2. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
3. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)