|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(c) Firing squad
2. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
5. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
2. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
3. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)