|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(b) Firing squad
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
2. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
5. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)