|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
3. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) A burden of making things right
(c) Genetic disease
5. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
3. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
4. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)