|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(b) Brother and sister
(c) Nephew and Aunt
(d) Son and mother
2. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(a) Father and son
3. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
4. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
5. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)