|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(b) Mind of Antigone
(c) Common man
(d) Conscience of Creon
2. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
3. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
4. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
5. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Chorus
(b) The Messenger
(c) The sentry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)