|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
3. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(b) Common man
(c) Conscience of Creon
(d) Mind of Antigone
5. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) Genetic disease
(d) A burden of making things right
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
2. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
3. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
4. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)