|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(b) Our gore
2. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(a) Firing squad
3. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(c) A burden of making things right
(d) Genetic disease
4. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
3. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
5. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)