|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her cowardice
(c) Her false promises
(d) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
2. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(a) Firing squad
3. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(b) Father and son
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(b) A burden of making things right
(c) Genetic disease
5. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Son and mother
(b) Brother and sister
(d) Nephew and Aunt
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)