|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Conscience of Creon
(b) Mind of Antigone
(d) Common man
2. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
3. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(c) Firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
2. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
3. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)