|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
2. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Blind himself
(c) Try to kill Antigone
(d) Try to kill Jocasta
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(c) Our gore
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
3. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
5. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)