|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Antigone
(b) Kill himself
(c) Try to kill Jocasta
(d) Blind himself
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
4. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(a) Father and son
5. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
2. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
3. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
4. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
5. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)