|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
3. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
3. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)