|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(c) Genetic disease
(d) A burden of making things right
3. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
4. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(b) Sister's home
(c) Own home
(d) Father's grave
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her false promises
(b) Her bloodline
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
2. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
3. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
4. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)