|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(b) The sentry
(c) The Chorus
(d) The Messenger
5. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)