|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) To tell Creon
(b) That she will not support her
(d) That she will help her
3. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(d) Father and son
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Own home
(c) Father's grave
(d) Sister's home
Short Answer Questions
1. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
2. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)