|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(b) Father's grave
(c) Own home
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) That she will not support her
(c) To tell Creon
(d) That she will help her
Short Answer Questions
1. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
2. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
5. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)