|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Jocasta
(b) Try to kill Antigone
(c) Kill himself
(d) Blind himself
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The sentry
(b) The Chorus
(c) The Messenger
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) Nephew and Aunt
(d) Son and mother
Short Answer Questions
1. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
2. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
3. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
4. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)