|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the color of the shield of Polyneices, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
3. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Son and mother
(b) Brother and sister
(d) Nephew and Aunt
4. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(b) Her cowardice
(c) Her bloodline
(d) Her false promises
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
4. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)