|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(b) Her false promises
(c) Her bloodline
(d) Her cowardice
2. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(c) Our gore
3. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(c) Firing squad
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(b) The Messenger
(c) The Chorus
(d) The sentry
5. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
5. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)