|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(b) Sister's home
(c) Father's grave
(d) Own home
5. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
3. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)