|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
2. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Blind himself
(b) Kill himself
(c) Try to kill Jocasta
(d) Try to kill Antigone
3. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
4. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Nephew and Aunt
(c) Brother and sister
(d) Son and mother
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
2. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
5. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)