|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Nephew and Aunt
(c) Son and mother
(d) Brother and sister
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her false promises
(c) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(d) Her cowardice
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)