|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(d) Firing squad
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(b) Common man
(c) Conscience of Creon
(d) Mind of Antigone
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) That she will not support her
(b) That she will help her
(c) To tell Creon
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
2. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
3. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)