|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Mind of Antigone
(c) Conscience of Creon
(d) Common man
3. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(b) Julius Caesar
5. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
4. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)