Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 2 (Second Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(c) Father's grave
(d) Own home
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
3. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
5. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)