|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2 (Second Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
2. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
3. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The sentry
(b) The Messenger
(c) The Chorus
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
2. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
3. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
5. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)