|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1 (First Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
2. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her false promises
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
5. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew swords
(b) Drew straws
(c) Threw dice
Short Answer Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)