Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parados.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(c) Julius Caesar
2. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her false promises
3. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
4. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Kill himself
(b) Try to kill Antigone
(c) Blind himself
(d) Try to kill Jocasta
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) To tell Creon
(b) That she will not support her
(c) That she will help her
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)