|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
2. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
(b) Acting as a God
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
4. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
5. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
2. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)