|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
2. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
3. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
4. Who does the Sentry admit is responsible for the burying of Polyneices?
5. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(b) The Moon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
3. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
4. Who interrogates the Sentry when he reveals the person who is responsible for burying the body?
5. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)