|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
2. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
3. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
4. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
(a) Anointing it
(c) Singing to it
(d) Burning it
5. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
2. Creon believes that because of Antigone's stubbornness, she will inevitably __________.
3. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
4. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
5. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)