|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) A burden of making things right
(c) Genetic disease
2. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(d) Firing squad
3. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
4. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Brother and sister
(b) Nephew and Aunt
(c) Son and mother
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(a) That she will help her
(c) To tell Creon
(d) That she will not support her
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
2. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
3. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
4. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
5. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)