|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of the visitor who came to see the princess when she was locked up?
(a) A son
(b) A strong spell
(c) A curse
(d) She died
2. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
3. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
4. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
5. Who was the captive of the Sentry, the person for which the Sentry was responsible during the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
2. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
3. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
4. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
5. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)