|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
2. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
3. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
(b) Mount Olympus
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) Loose dirt
(c) A blanket
5. The Chorus, as a result of the story it shares, laments the powerlessness of man over _____________.
(c) The Gods
Short Answer Questions
1. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
2. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
3. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
4. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
5. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)