|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
2. What was Antigone doing to the body of her brother when the guards rushed up to stop her?
(b) Anointing it
(c) Burning it
(d) Singing to it
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
2. Love keepest the vigil on the soft cheek of a ____________, according to the Chorus in this section during the play.
3. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)