|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to talk to Creon after he has been yelled at and threatened by Creon for speaking with him before?
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(c) No support
(d) More taxes
4. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
(a) Just a woman
5. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(c) The prophet
(d) Young boy
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus, as a result of the story it shares, laments the powerlessness of man over _____________.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
4. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
5. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)