|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the son supposed to kill as a result of a prophesy that was given?
(a) His cousin
(b) His brother
(c) His father
(d) His uncle
2. Haemon points out to his father that the citizens of the city do not see Antigone as a ______________.
3. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
4. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(d) Firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
2. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
3. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
4. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)