|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(b) Son and mother
(c) Brother and sister
(d) Nephew and Aunt
2. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(d) God's realm
3. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
4. The Chorus notes that even the powerful are not immune to ___________, as the wife could not let go of her sadness
5. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
3. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
4. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
5. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)