|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) The river
(b) A basket
(c) In stone
(d) A castle
3. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
4. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
5. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
4. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)