|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
(a) His sight
(b) The war
(d) Their home
4. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
5. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
(b) Her beauty
(c) Her death
(d) Haemon's will
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Creon describe Antigone after she calls him a fool during her interrogation?
2. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
3. Once offended, the Chorus states, gods and goddesses are without ____________ for the offending party.
4. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
5. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)