|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Try to kill Antigone
(b) Blind himself
(c) Kill himself
(d) Try to kill Jocasta
2. What did Antigone sprinkle over the body of her brother after the winds picked up at midday?
3. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
4. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
5. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
4. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
5. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)