|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sentry say that Creon should do with Antigone now that she is before him?
(b) Kill her
(c) Interrogate her
(d) Forgive her
2. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Full military burial
(b) Statue in his memory
(c) Pension for his family
5. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) A burden of making things right
(c) Genetic disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
3. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
5. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)