|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
(a) He is her son
(b) He is her brother
(c) He is her fiance
(d) He is her cousin
2. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
3. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
4. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
5. The Greek goddess of love much enjoys watching men's foolishness when it comes to ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
2. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
3. What happened at midday when the guards were watching the body that was not supposed to be buried?
4. To what place does Creon believe that Antigone will go after her death for her actions?
5. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)