|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(d) Our gore
2. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Nephew and Aunt
(b) Brother and sister
(d) Son and mother
3. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
4. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
5. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone knows that the men will praise her for burying her brother, but fear of ________ keeps their mouths shut.
2. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
3. Who does the new wife blind after the king imprisons the person as answered in #153?
4. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
5. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)