|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus, as a result of the story it shares, laments the powerlessness of man over _____________.
(a) The Gods
2. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
3. Love keepest the vigil on the soft cheek of a ____________, according to the Chorus in this section during the play.
4. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(a) The city
(d) The ground
5. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
(a) The war
(c) His sight
(d) Their home
Short Answer Questions
1. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
2. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
3. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
4. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
5. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)