|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the focus of this ode in the play? What theme is being discussed during this section?
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(d) The Moon
3. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
4. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
5. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
(a) A castle
(b) In stone
(c) A basket
(d) The river
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
2. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
3. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
4. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
5. Who is the Greek goddess of love and of beauty, according to history and to the Chorus?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)