|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells his father than ____________ has nothing to do with being right or wrong.
2. Who did the king imprison in a story the Chorus relates about the idea of jealousy?
(a) His son
(b) His mother
(c) His first wife
(d) His daughter
3. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) No support
(b) More taxes
4. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(b) Laugh again
(d) See her sister again
5. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
2. Why was the princess to which Antigone is compared locked up in a prison during the play?
3. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
4. Who visited the princess during her imprisonment for something she could do nothing about?
5. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)