|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
2. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
3. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her false promises
(b) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(c) Her bloodline
(d) Her cowardice
4. Love has power over all mortals and _____________, according to the Chorus within this ode during the play.
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Surrounding cities
(b) Younger residents
(c) Older men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Where was King Lycurgus imprisoned for offending a certain goddesses who preside over the people?
3. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
4. Haemon points out to his father that the citizens of the city do not see Antigone as a ______________.
5. Who is the Greek goddess of love and of beauty, according to history and to the Chorus?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)