|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the king imprison in a story the Chorus relates about the idea of jealousy?
(a) His daughter
(b) His first wife
(c) His mother
(d) His son
2. The Chorus, as a result of the story it shares, laments the powerlessness of man over _____________.
(b) The Gods
3. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
4. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Full military burial
(c) Statue in his memory
(d) Pension for his family
5. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
Short Answer Questions
1. The goddesses that King Lycurgus offended were NOT the goddesses who looked over ______________.
2. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
3. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
4. Why was the princess to which Antigone is compared locked up in a prison during the play?
5. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)