|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 4 (Fourth Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(b) That she will help her
(c) To tell Creon
(d) That she will not support her
3. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
4. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Surrounding cities
(b) Younger residents
(d) Older men
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
3. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
4. Haemon insists that all men can learn from any who can ____________, when talking to his father.
5. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)