|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(d) The Moon
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Sister's home
(b) Father's grave
(c) Own home
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
2. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
3. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)