|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her cowardice
(c) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(d) Her false promises
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(d) Our gore
4. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(a) Named all
5. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
4. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
5. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)