|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(d) A woman
3. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
4. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(c) Father and son
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
5. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)