|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Messenger
(b) The sentry
(c) The Chorus
3. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) A blanket
(d) Loose dirt
4. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(a) Named all
5. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(d) Our gore
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
2. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
3. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
4. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)