|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(d) Firing squad
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
4. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
5. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
2. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
3. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
5. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)