|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
2. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public stoning
(b) Public hanging
(d) New leader
3. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her bloodline
(b) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her false promises
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
2. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
3. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
4. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
5. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)