|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew straws
(b) Drew swords
(d) Threw dice
2. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
3. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(a) Named all
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
2. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
3. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
4. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
5. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)