|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
2. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) A blanket
(d) Loose dirt
3. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
4. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
5. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(d) A woman
Short Answer Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
5. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)