|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
4. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Younger residents
(b) Older men
(d) Surrounding cities
5. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(a) Women rulers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
3. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)