|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(d) God's realm
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
4. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
5. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
2. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
3. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
4. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
5. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)