|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
2. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
3. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
4. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(a) Son and mother
(b) Nephew and Aunt
(c) Brother and sister
5. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
4. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
5. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)