|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
3. At what time of day does the story taking place in the play begin?
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
(b) Brother and sister
(c) Nephew and Aunt
(d) Son and mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
2. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
3. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
4. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)