|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
(b) That she will not support her
(c) To tell Creon
(d) That she will help her
3. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
4. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(b) Statue in his memory
(c) Pension for his family
(d) Full military burial
Short Answer Questions
1. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
2. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
3. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
4. Whose body is to be left out to be pecked and torn apart, without a proper military burial?
5. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)