|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
2. What does Ismene compliment Antigone on before she leaves her to herself and to her actions?
3. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
4. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
5. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is afraid of Creon's wrath and of breaking the law, even though it would be an honorable action?
2. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
4. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
5. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)