|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(d) The prophet
3. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(b) Public hanging
(c) Public stoning
(d) New leader
5. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(d) Julius Caesar
Short Answer Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
4. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
5. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)