|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. What is the relationship between Antigone and Ismene, the two women at the start of the story?
3. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(b) Genetic disease
(d) A burden of making things right
4. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew swords
(b) Drew straws
(c) Threw dice
5. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
2. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
3. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
4. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
5. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)