|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
2. What did Oedipus do when he realized the incestuous affair that took place with Jocasta?
(a) Blind himself
(b) Kill himself
(c) Try to kill Jocasta
(d) Try to kill Antigone
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(a) God's realm
4. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
5. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Common man
(c) Conscience of Creon
(d) Mind of Antigone
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
2. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
3. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)