|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(c) A woman
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(c) Named all
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(c) Julius Caesar
5. What is the punishment for burying the body of the soldier in defiance of the decree during the play?
(b) Firing squad
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
2. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
4. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
5. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)