|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
2. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
3. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(a) The Moon
4. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
5. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(a) Women rulers
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
2. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
3. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
5. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)