|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public stoning
(b) Public hanging
(c) New leader
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
4. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
5. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
2. What is the walled city that is featured in the actions of this story and drama?
3. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)