|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(d) The Moon
4. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
5. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
2. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
3. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
5. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)