|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) More taxes
(c) No support
2. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(a) Our gore
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
Short Answer Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
5. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)