|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
2. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
3. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
4. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
5. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed herself when she realized the incestuous relationship had taken place?
2. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
3. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
4. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
5. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)