|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(b) Women rulers
2. Antigone reminds Ismene of family __________ when she tries to reason with her about her actions.
3. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
4. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(a) A burden of making things right
(c) Genetic disease
5. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
2. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
3. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
4. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)