|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
2. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
3. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The sentry
(b) The Messenger
(d) The Chorus
5. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
2. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
3. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
4. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
5. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)