|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(b) The Moon
2. Ismene tries to uphold __________ law and does not believe anyone should oppose it during the play.
3. What is believed to be on Ismene and Antigone as a result of Oedipus and Jocasta's actions?
(b) Genetic disease
(d) A burden of making things right
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
2. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
4. _________ supported the Thebans as he does not support the proud, like Polyneices and his army.
5. What does Ismene swear to Antigone when she hears of Antigone's decision to act?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)