|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(a) Named all
2. What else does the Chorus remind the audience that man is strong in?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
5. What does Antigone throw back in Ismene's face when Ismene says she will be silent about the actions?
(a) Her incestuous relationship with her brother
(b) Her bloodline
(c) Her cowardice
(d) Her false promises
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Polyneices and Antigone in this play?
2. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
3. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)