Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ode 1 (First Stasimon).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) The prophet
(c) Young boy
2. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
3. Antigone claims she will be ready to face a/an _____________ death if she is caught in her actions.
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(b) Father and son
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
2. Whose decree proclaims that the body of the fallen man is not to be buried by anyone under punishment of death?
3. Ismene feels powerless as a __________ at the start of the story, in addition to her family background.
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)