|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
2. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
3. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(b) Our gore
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Messenger
(c) The sentry
(d) The Chorus
5. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
3. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
4. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
5. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)