|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(c) The prophet
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(c) A woman
5. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(c) More taxes
(d) No support
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
3. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
4. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
5. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)