|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
2. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
3. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
4. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Statue in his memory
(c) Pension for his family
(d) Full military burial
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
2. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
3. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
5. Man has even taught himself, according to the Chorus, to flee the arrows of the ____________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)