|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(a) Julius Caesar
3. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
(a) He is her cousin
(b) He is her brother
(c) He is her son
(d) He is her fiance
4. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
5. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. And ___________, and wind-swift thought, and all the moods that would a state, hath he taught himself.
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
3. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
4. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
5. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)