|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
(d) A woman
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
4. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
5. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
Short Answer Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
3. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
4. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)