|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
5. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
2. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
3. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
4. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)