|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
2. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
3. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
4. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
5. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
2. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
3. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)