|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. And _________, the eldest of the gods, the immortal, the unwearied, doth he wear...
(d) The Moon
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
4. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
5. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
2. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
3. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
4. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
5. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)