|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
2. The Chorus in this scene is a group of singers and dancers who are meant to represent the _____________.
(a) Conscience of Creon
(c) Common man
(d) Mind of Antigone
3. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
4. What does the leader of the group call Polyneices when he is in the midst of battle? A wild __________ screaming.
5. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(b) No support
(c) More taxes
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
2. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
3. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)