|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man is the most awesome wonder in the _____________, according to the Chorus during the play.
(b) God's realm
2. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
3. What is the relationship between Eteocles and Polyneices in the play, even though they fight each other?
(d) Father and son
4. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
5. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
4. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)