|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
2. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(b) Father's grave
(c) Own home
(d) Sister's home
3. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) No support
(d) More taxes
4. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
(b) Named all
5. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
2. Without ______________, he meets nothing that must come; only against Death shall he call for aid in vain.
3. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)