|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
2. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
(a) Drew swords
(b) Drew straws
(d) Threw dice
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. Who answered the battle cry of Polyneices in the battle where he finally lost his life?
(d) Julius Caesar
5. _____________ are many, and none is more important than man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
2. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
3. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)