|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
2. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(b) The Chorus
(c) The sentry
(d) The Messenger
3. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
4. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
5. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
3. Creon believes that Antigone would have been trouble for Haemon both in and out of _________.
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)