|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(b) Women rulers
4. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
5. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(b) Father's grave
(c) Own home
(d) Sister's home
Short Answer Questions
1. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
4. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)