|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
2. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
3. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(a) The city
(b) The ground
4. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
5. Where does the Chorus state that Polyneices came from when he entered into battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
2. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
3. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
4. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
5. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)