|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon is delighted that Haemon's fascination with ____________ seems to be eroding during this scene during the play.
2. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
3. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The sentry
(b) The Messenger
(d) The Chorus
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Pension for his family
(b) Statue in his memory
(c) Full military burial
Short Answer Questions
1. Haemon shares with Creon that the people see Antigone as ____________ for the actions she has taken.
2. Man also is the one who protects himself from the ____________, according to the content of the ode.
3. The Chorus celebrates the slaying of the two men to be the ultimate __________ victory.
4. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
5. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)