|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Polyneices' jaws filled with, according to the speeches of the Chorus in this scene?
(b) Our gore
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(b) The prophet
3. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
4. Creon believes there is no greater evil than _____________ for that is what destroys households and nations.
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
2. Creon believes he will be seen as stronger for refusing to yield to showing ______________ with Antigone.
3. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
4. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
5. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)