|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
2. Creon believes that Antigone deserves nothing more than to find a husband in __________ after what she has done.
3. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
4. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
5. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
Short Answer Questions
1. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
2. Man is considered to be the one who has ____________ animals, according to the content of the ode.
3. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
4. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
5. What is not one of the animals that the Chorus notes that man can tame or master?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)