|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
2. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(a) More taxes
(b) No support
3. The two men of cruel fate were born of one _____________ and one mother, according to the Chorus.
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public stoning
(c) New leader
(d) Public hanging
5. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(b) The Chorus
(c) The sentry
(d) The Messenger
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
2. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
3. How many captains were at the gates and were matched again during the battle?
4. Haemon responds to Creon that his __________ is his guide and no marriage is worth losing that.
5. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)