|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus in this ode goes on about the greatness of ___________ when they speak to the audience.
2. Who slew Polyneices during that final battle that caused him to be left without a proper burial?
3. The power that crosses the ____________ sea, driven by the stormy south-wind, making a path under...
4. How many gates does Thebes have, according to the Chorus in this scene?
5. Whose arrival does Choragos announce at the beginning of the scene in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Man turns the soil of the land with the offspring of ____________, according to the ode.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
4. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
5. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)