|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(b) The city
(c) The ground
2. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(c) The world's
(d) A woman's
3. Polyneices led the attack on his _____________ during that final battle before the play starts.
(a) Own home
(c) Sister's home
(d) Father's grave
4. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(c) Women rulers
5. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
2. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
3. Creon tells Haemon he is grateful for his ____________ in all matters, and is pleased with Haemon's answer.
4. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
5. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)