|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. The Chorus also speaks of the orderliness of kept __________ within a society during the play.
3. Man is held in _________ for his stamina and his spirit, no matter what other things he might do.
4. Who informs the audience of the previous battle during this scene of the play?
(a) The Messenger
(b) The Chorus
(d) The sentry
5. The Chorus does not condone ______________ or even the entertainment of such thoughts.
(b) Women rulers
Short Answer Questions
1. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
2. What is the relationship that Haemon has with Antigone, according to the play?
3. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
4. Who is the leader of the group who is telling the story within this section of the play?
5. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)