|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3 (Third Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
2. The Chorus goes on to celebrate man as the ____________ of all beasts in the world during the play.
3. Haemon tells Creon, "It is not __________ never to yield to reason!" within their discussion of Antigone.
4. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
5. What is the one force from which the Chorus notes that man is not immune?
Short Answer Questions
1. What army decided to attack Thebes, though they were driven back during their efforts during the play?
2. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. What is the other name for God that is used by the Chorus in this scene of the play and throughout the play?
5. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)