|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
2. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
3. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
4. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
5. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) The prophet
(b) Young boy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
2. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
3. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
4. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
5. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)