|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
2. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(a) A woman's
(d) The world's
3. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
4. The Chorus points out the evil that is in _________ especially in relation to the situation with Antigone and Creon.
5. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
2. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
3. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
5. What is not one of the things that Antigone reminds the people of when she addresses the people of Thebes?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)