|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(b) The world's
(d) A woman's
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) Public hanging
(c) New leader
(d) Public stoning
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Antigone compares her emotional state to that of the former queen of Thebes, _____________.
2. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
3. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
4. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)