|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(b) New leader
(c) Public hanging
(d) Public stoning
2. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(c) Loose dirt
(d) A blanket
3. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(b) The city
(c) The ground
4. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
5. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
(a) Laugh again
(d) See her sister again
Short Answer Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
3. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
4. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
5. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)