|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
2. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
3. _____________ starts to tear up at the sight of Antigone being led into the room during the play.
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) The prophet
(c) Young boy
5. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
3. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
4. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
5. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)