|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(b) Young boy
(d) The prophet
3. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) The bathroom
(b) A platform
(c) The vault
(d) The fields
4. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) Loose dirt
(b) A blanket
5. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
(a) The city
(d) The ground
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
3. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
4. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
5. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)