|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
2. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
3. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
4. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
5. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
2. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
5. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)