|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
(a) Surrounding cities
(b) Older men
(c) Younger residents
2. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
3. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
4. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
5. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
3. What does Antigone believe that Creon should be found guilty of in relation to his reaction to her actions?
4. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
5. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)