|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. Creon lets the people know that his position is __________ ordained and thus he is the rightful heir.
3. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
(a) Her death
(c) Haemon's will
(d) Her beauty
4. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) The bathroom
(b) A platform
(c) The vault
(d) The fields
5. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
2. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
3. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
4. What is the new tone of this group of citizens that is now speaking to the audience?
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)