|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
4. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) The vault
(b) A platform
(c) The bathroom
(d) The fields
5. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces the character of Creon to the play and to the audience who might be watching the play?
2. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
3. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
4. Creon realizes he still needs to prove his worth to the people as a _____________.
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)