|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually those who are evil will have to face truth and ______________ for their deeds.
2. The Chorus states that they believe Antigone to be ____________, and neither illness nor war carries her to her death.
3. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
4. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(a) A woman's
(c) The world's
5. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
Short Answer Questions
1. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
2. What did the guards do in order to determine who would deliver the news to Creon?
3. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
4. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)