|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. But some god strikes them down, and the race hath no __________________, according to the Chorus.
2. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(a) The world's
(d) A woman's
3. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
4. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
5. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by poison
(b) Death by stoning
(c) Death by hanging
(d) Death by starvation
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
2. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
3. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
5. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)