|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
2. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by starvation
(b) Death by poison
(c) Death by hanging
(d) Death by stoning
3. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
4. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
5. "....the disappointment comes on one who knoweth nought till he burn his __________ against the hot fire."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
2. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
3. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
4. "For when a house hath once been shaken from _____________, there the curse fails nevermore."
5. Antigone still believes she has done no ____________ wrong and that Creon is the guilty one.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)