|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
2. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
3. Nothing that is cast enters into the life of mortals without a ____________, according to the Chorus.
4. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
5. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
(a) New leader
(b) Public hanging
(c) Public stoning
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon shares that he will not show any ___________ in his rule nor will he patronize anyone.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
4. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
5. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)