|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(b) Pension for his family
(c) Statue in his memory
(d) Full military burial
2. What did the person who tried to bury the body use in order to start to cover Polyneices up?
(a) Loose dirt
(b) A blanket
3. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
4. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
5. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
2. Antigone asks that all see her as a woman about to die, a woman who will never ____________.
3. What is Choragos no longer able to distance himself from when Antigone arrives in the room?
4. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
5. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)