|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(b) Young boy
(c) The prophet
2. The ode also points out that ___________ wrath is passed on to future generations, as seen with Antigone.
(a) The world's
(c) A woman's
3. What kind of image is used to show the wrath that is passed on to future generations?
4. That _______, in turn, in brought low -- by the blood-stained dust die to the gods infernal.
5. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Statue in his memory
(c) Full military burial
(d) Pension for his family
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
4. The king cautions against the _____________ and the power of bribery in breaking his decree.
5. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)