|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antigone agrees that her father's ______________ guilt plagues all her family from the grave.
2. And through the future, near and far, as through the past, shall this ___________ hold good.
3. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
4. The ___________ accuse each other of being the one who buried the body illegally during the play.
5. For that hope whose wanderings are so __________ is to many men a comfort, according to the Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
2. Creon shouts that the gods do not favor the ________ such as Polyneices who show them disrespect.
3. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
4. That __________ which neither sleep, the all-ensnaring, not the untiring months of the gods can master.
5. The Chorus notes that even in evil doings, man can be ___________, but there are consequences to these actions.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)