|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Creon understands the problems of ______, yet elicits duty from them in their support of his decree.
2. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) Young boy
(c) The prophet
3. What is Antigone's sentence as handed down by Creon as a result of her actions in burying the body?
(a) Death by poison
(b) Death by starvation
(c) Death by stoning
(d) Death by hanging
4. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
5. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. Creon sees his job as for the general _____________ over personal alliances and over personal friendships.
2. The Chorus notes that it can see that generation is not ____________ by generation during the play.
3. Creon is concerned about the people and their worries about having a ____________.
4. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
5. Who is Choragos trying to get more active support from, pleading for this support as the Chorus would?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)