One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4 (Fourth Episode).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thou, a ruler to whom ____________ brings not old age, dwellest in the dazzling splendour of Olympus.
2. Eteocles fought for Thebes and thus he will receive a ___________________ after his death.
(a) Full military burial
(b) Pension for his family
(d) Statue in his memory
3. Creon gives ____________ to anyone who contradicts the king's wishes concerning the burial during the play.
(c) More taxes
(d) No support
4. Who enters in order to announce to the king that someone has tried to cover up the body of Polyneices?
(a) The prophet
(c) Young boy
5. Where is Antigone led to after she has been given her sentence by Creon, the King?
(a) A platform
(b) The fields
(c) The vault
(d) The bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. The Chorus assures Antigone in her situation that she will have a peaceful ___________.
2. Creon acknowledges that __________ is not transferable from one leader to the next. He must earn it.
3. Choragos speaks for the Chorus as ___________, pleading for more active support from others in the city during the play.
4. The ode implies that the woes of Antigone are directly related to her _____________, Oedipus.
5. Thy power, O __________, what human trespass can limit? - the Chorus in this ode during the play.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)