* Antigone and Ismene commiserate about the brothers they lost in the war.
* Antigone learns her brother will not get a proper burial.
* There is a decree that anyone who disobeys the burial law will be stoned to death.
* Antigone decides to bury her brother anyway.
* Antigone goes against the wishes of her sister.
* The Chorus tells the audience about the battle.
* Polyneices led the attack on his own home.
* Polyneices and Eteocles slew each other.
Scene 1 (First Episode)
* Creon addresses the people, represented in the Chorus.
* Creon notes that loyalty must be earned.
* Since Eteocles fought for Thebes, he will get a proper burial.
* A sentry tells Creon someone tried to bury the body with loose dirt.
Ode 1 (First Stasimon)
* The Chorus praises the greatness of man.
* The Chorus does not condone anarchy or entertainment of such thoughts.
Scene 2 (Second Episode)
* The sentry informs Choragos that...
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)