Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
2. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
3. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
4. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
5. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of P.B. Jones. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
How does Capote use the literary technique of local color in ANSWERED PRAYERS? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in some establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)