Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
2. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
3. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
4. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
5. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
The theme of the passage of time is an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the passage of time throughout the book.
Describe Jones. Begin with his physical characteristics and extend into his personality and behavioral traits. What is Jones' background? Does he spend much of his time trying to rid himself of his past? Explain.
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)