|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he did with Mr. Appleton's business card?
2. Who accompanies the person in #153?
3. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
4. Who is Kate's husband?
5. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
2. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
3. What is the irony of the author's surrounding himself with people who do not seem to ever be lonely at all?
4. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
5. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
6. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
7. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
8. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
9. How does the author plant the question of truth versus illusion especially regarding Aces' explanation of Kate's life for Jones?
10. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Denham Fouts. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mr. Appleton What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of the passage of time is an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the passage of time throughout the book.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)