|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
2. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
3. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
4. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Capote's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in ANSWERED PRAYERS.
Essay Topic 2
Capote is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mr. Wallace. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)