|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
2. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
3. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
4. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
5. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Capote uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe New York City using only your recall of Capote's descriptions. How do you visualize the city of New York City now that you have read Capote's ANSWERED PRAYERS?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Denham Fouts. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did he choose to tell his story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)