Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
2. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
3. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
4. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Denham Fouts. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Capote's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did he choose to tell his story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)