|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Jones and Aces to Kate McCloud's hotel suite?
2. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
3. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
4. Who is Kate's husband?
5. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
2. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
3. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
4. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
5. What are three of the book's motifs that make an appearance in this chapter?
6. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
7. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
8. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
9. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
10. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using people take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of P.B. Jones. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mr. Wallace. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)