|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
2. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
3. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
4. Where does Jones encounter Kate McCloud?
5. Who accompanies the person in #153?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
2. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
3. How does the author plant the question of truth versus illusion especially regarding Aces' explanation of Kate's life for Jones?
4. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
5. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
6. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
7. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
8. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
9. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
10. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mr. Wallace. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Capote is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Using people take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)