Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
2. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
3. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
4. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 2
How does Capote use the literary technique of local color in ANSWERED PRAYERS? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in some establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Capote's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in ANSWERED PRAYERS.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)