|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
2. Who accompanies the person in #153?
3. What exotic dish do Jones and his dining companion enjoy?
4. Jones takes the job as Kate's ______________ and masseur.
5. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
2. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
3. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
4. What information does Aces reveal to Jones about Axel Jaeger?
5. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
6. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
7. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
8. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
9. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
10. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jones spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate his life. What does he think about? What conclusions does he arrive at? Explain why he is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 2
How does Capote use the literary technique of local color in ANSWERED PRAYERS? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in some establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of P.B. Jones. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)