|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
2. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
3. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
4. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
5. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
Essay Topic 1
How does Capote use the literary technique of local color in ANSWERED PRAYERS? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in some establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 2
Capote uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe New York City using only your recall of Capote's descriptions. How do you visualize the city of New York City now that you have read Capote's ANSWERED PRAYERS?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)