Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
2. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
3. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
4. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
Essay Topic 1
How does Capote use the literary technique of local color in ANSWERED PRAYERS? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in some establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 2
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did he choose to tell his story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Capote use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)