Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
2. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
4. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
5. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
2. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
3. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
4. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
5. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
6. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
7. How does Capote end the book with metaphors of the passage of time for everyone?
8. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
9. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
10. Who was Denham Fouts?
Create a brief character study of P.B. Jones. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
The author uses some potential instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain why each has potential for foreshadowing had the book been completed.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)