Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
2. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
4. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
5. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
2. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
3. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
4. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
5. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
6. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
7. How does Capote end the book with metaphors of the passage of time for everyone?
8. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
9. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
10. Who was Denham Fouts?
Explain Capote's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where he did.
Create a brief character study of Denham Fouts. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Using people take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)