|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
2. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
3. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
4. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
5. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
2. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
3. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
4. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
5. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
6. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
7. How does Jones balance his dark side with an entertaining style of writing to engage the reader?
8. Who does the editor feel is the real person disguised as P.B. Jones?
9. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
10. What is the focus of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of P.B. Jones. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Jones' life. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 3
Using people take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)