|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is another person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
2. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
3. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
4. What does Fox consider highly unlikely regarding this book?
5. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
2. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
3. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
4. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
5. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
6. Give an example of how the author thinly veils the work as fiction.
7. What are three of the book's motifs that make an appearance in this chapter?
8. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
9. Explain the metaphors of the menstrual blood and the washing of the bedding in this chapter.
10. How did Jones get the money to get to New York and how does he describe his first year in that city?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some potential instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain why each has potential for foreshadowing had the book been completed.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Denham Fouts. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 3
Using people take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,534 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)