|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Turner Boatwright?
2. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
3. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
4. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
5. What job does Hamilton suggest to Jones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
2. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
3. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
4. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
5. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
6. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
7. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
8. Who does the editor feel is the real person disguised as P.B. Jones?
9. Who is Woodrow Hamilton and what pivotal role does he play in Jones' life?
10. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mr. Wallace. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
Essay Topic 2
Using people take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Denham Fouts. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in time?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)