|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
(a) A month in the Mediterranean.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) The Thanksgiving weekend.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
3. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
4. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
(a) No tips from clients are allowed.
(b) No socialization with clients outside the business.
(c) Termination if he doesn't show up at appointments.
(d) He cannot refuse an assignment.
5. Who accompanies the person in #153?
(a) Her publicist.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
2. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
3. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
4. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
5. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
2. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
3. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
4. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
5. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
6. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
7. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
8. What is the irony of the author's surrounding himself with people who do not seem to ever be lonely at all?
9. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
10. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)