|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
(a) Mrs. Leonard.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Cooper.
(d) Mrs. Matthau.
2. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Kate wants to hire Jones.
(b) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
(c) Aces is moving to Rome.
(d) Aces is in love with him.
3. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
4. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(d) Las Vegas.
5. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Dave Jamison.
(b) Axel Jaeger.
(c) Phil Unger.
(d) Mick Jagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
2. Who accompanies Jones and Aces to Kate McCloud's hotel suite?
3. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
4. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
5. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
2. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
3. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
4. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
5. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
6. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
7. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
8. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
9. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
10. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)