|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
(a) Presses her gown.
(b) Serves dinner.
(c) Gives her a massage.
(d) Makes evening plans.
2. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Appleton.
(b) Mr. Montgomery.
(c) Mr. Wallace.
(d) Mr. Sloane.
3. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
4. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
5. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will learn a lot.
(b) Jones will live to regret it.
(c) Jones will be her slave boy.
(d) Jones will never regret it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
2. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
3. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
4. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
5. What exotic dish do Jones and his dining companion enjoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Aces Nelson and how does Jones meet him?
2. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
3. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
4. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
5. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
6. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
7. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
8. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
9. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
10. What is the irony of the author's surrounding himself with people who do not seem to ever be lonely at all?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)