|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
2. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will learn a lot.
(b) Jones will never regret it.
(c) Jones will live to regret it.
(d) Jones will be her slave boy.
3. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
4. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Phil Unger.
(b) Dave Jamison.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Axel Jaeger.
5. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Kate wants to hire Jones.
(b) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
(c) Aces is in love with him.
(d) Aces is moving to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
2. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
3. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
4. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
5. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
2. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
3. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
4. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
5. What information does Aces reveal to Jones about Axel Jaeger?
6. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
7. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
8. What are three of the book's motifs that make an appearance in this chapter?
9. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
10. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)