|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
(a) Clark Gable.
(b) John Wayne.
(c) Montgomery Clift.
(d) Errol Flynn.
2. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Mayflower.
(c) The Carlyle.
(d) The Ritz.
3. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Dorothy Parker's.
(b) Tennessee Williams'.
(c) Mr. Appleton's.
(d) Estelle Winwood's.
4. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(d) Las Vegas.
5. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
(b) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
(c) She has their apartment bugged.
(d) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kate's husband?
2. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
3. Who accompanies Jones and Aces to Kate McCloud's hotel suite?
4. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
5. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
2. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
3. Who is Aces Nelson and how does Jones meet him?
4. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
5. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
6. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
7. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
8. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
9. What is the irony of the author's surrounding himself with people who do not seem to ever be lonely at all?
10. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)