|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a handsome escort.
(b) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(c) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(d) She needs a good bartender.
2. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Slim Keith.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Babe Paley.
3. What exotic dish do Jones and his dining companion enjoy?
(b) Baked Alaska.
(d) Creme brulee.
4. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
(a) Cole Porter.
(b) Cole Manchester.
(c) Cole Madison.
(d) Alan Cole.
5. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
(b) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
(c) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
(d) She has their apartment bugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
2. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
3. Where does Jones go in this chapter?
4. Who is Kate's husband?
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
2. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
3. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
4. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
5. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
6. What is the irony of the author's surrounding himself with people who do not seem to ever be lonely at all?
7. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
8. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
9. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
10. What information does Aces reveal to Jones about Axel Jaeger?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)