|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Renew his vows.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Cut off her funds.
2. Who hosted a party in honor of the actor in #111?
(a) Turner Boatwright.
(b) Candy McCain.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Dorothy Kilgallon.
3. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
(a) He is a hypochondriac.
(b) He is a criminal.
(c) He is desperate for an heir.
(d) He is a recluse.
4. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
(a) Gives her a massage.
(b) Presses her gown.
(c) Makes evening plans.
(d) Serves dinner.
5. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Mr. Appleton's.
(b) Dorothy Parker's.
(c) Estelle Winwood's.
(d) Tennessee Williams'.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
2. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
3. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
4. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
5. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
2. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
3. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
4. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
5. What information does Aces reveal to Jones about Axel Jaeger?
6. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
7. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
8. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
9. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
10. How does the author plant the question of truth versus illusion especially regarding Aces' explanation of Kate's life for Jones?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)