|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His business partner.
2. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
(a) She will get referrals.
(b) She will get a large fee.
(c) She will do whatever Mr. Appleton wants.
(d) She is going to fire Jones afterward.
3. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
(a) going on safari.
(b) flying in a plane.
(c) walking on a beach.
(d) skiing down a mountain.
4. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Charles DeGaulle.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A business card.
(c) A tie clip.
(d) A silk scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
2. Where does Jones encounter Kate McCloud?
3. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
4. What does Jones want to find at the center of the earth?
5. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)