|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A silk scarf.
(b) A business card.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A tie clip.
2. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Divorces her.
(b) Destroys the horse.
(c) Burns the stables.
(d) Locks her in the house.
3. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) learning French.
(b) adopting a puppy.
(c) moving to Rome.
(d) paying for dinner.
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
5. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
2. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
3. In what country is the city in #92 located?
4. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
5. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three of the book's motifs that make an appearance in this chapter?
2. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
3. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
4. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
5. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
6. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
7. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
8. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
9. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
10. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)