|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
(a) Cole Madison.
(b) Cole Porter.
(c) Alan Cole.
(d) Cole Manchester.
2. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
(a) Babe Paley.
(b) Ann Hopkins.
(c) Marlene Paige.
(d) Beverly Morganstern.
3. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) moving to Rome.
(b) learning French.
(c) adopting a puppy.
(d) paying for dinner.
4. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
5. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Write her book.
(b) Train her dog.
(c) Kidnap her son.
(d) Tend bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
2. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
3. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
4. In what country is the city in #92 located?
5. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
2. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
3. What are three of the book's motifs that make an appearance in this chapter?
4. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
5. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
6. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
7. How does the author plant the question of truth versus illusion especially regarding Aces' explanation of Kate's life for Jones?
8. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
9. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
10. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)