|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
2. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
(a) Cole Manchester.
(b) Alan Cole.
(c) Cole Madison.
(d) Cole Porter.
3. What is Mutt's other name?
4. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Locks her in the house.
(b) Burns the stables.
(c) Destroys the horse.
(d) Divorces her.
5. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Train her dog.
(b) Tend bar.
(c) Write her book.
(d) Kidnap her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones' dining companion tells a sexy story about a man named _______________.
2. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
3. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
4. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
5. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
2. What information does Aces reveal to Jones about Axel Jaeger?
3. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
4. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
5. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
6. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
7. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
8. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
9. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
10. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)