|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
(a) He is returning her call.
(b) He sees his business card.
(c) He read her newspaper column.
(d) He saw his movie.
2. What is Mutt's other name?
3. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Dorothy Parker's.
(b) Mr. Appleton's.
(c) Estelle Winwood's.
(d) Tennessee Williams'.
4. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(b) orange juice.
5. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a good bartender.
(b) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(c) She needs a handsome escort.
(d) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the person in #153?
2. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
3. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
4. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
5. What does Jones want to find at the center of the earth?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)