|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones' dining companion tells a sexy story about a man named _______________.
2. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
3. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(d) orange juice.
4. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Divorces her.
(b) Destroys the horse.
(c) Locks her in the house.
(d) Burns the stables.
5. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Ritz.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The Mayflower.
(d) The Carlyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
2. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
3. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
4. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
5. What does Jones decide after having spent some time with Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of the author's surrounding himself with people who do not seem to ever be lonely at all?
2. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
3. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
4. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
5. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
6. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
7. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
8. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
9. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
10. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)