|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
2. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
(a) He cannot refuse an assignment.
(b) No socialization with clients outside the business.
(c) No tips from clients are allowed.
(d) Termination if he doesn't show up at appointments.
3. Jones takes the job as Kate's ______________ and masseur.
4. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
(a) They are newlyweds.
(b) They are having an affair.
(c) They are mother and son.
(d) They are dying of leukemia.
5. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Axel Jaeger.
(b) Phil Unger.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Dave Jamison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosted a party in honor of the actor in #111?
2. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
3. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
4. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
5. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
2. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
3. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
4. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
5. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
6. Who is Aces Nelson and how does Jones meet him?
7. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
8. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
9. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
10. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)