|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She has their apartment bugged.
(b) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
(c) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
(d) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
2. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
(a) Termination if he doesn't show up at appointments.
(b) He cannot refuse an assignment.
(c) No tips from clients are allowed.
(d) No socialization with clients outside the business.
3. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Dean Martin.
(c) Andy Warhol.
(d) Joseph Kennedy.
4. Who hosted a party in honor of the actor in #111?
(a) Turner Boatwright.
(b) Candy McCain.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Dorothy Kilgallon.
5. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones' dining companion tells a sexy story about a man named _______________.
2. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
3. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
4. In what country is the city in #92 located?
5. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Aces reveal to Jones about Axel Jaeger?
2. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
3. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
4. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
5. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
6. How does the author plant the question of truth versus illusion especially regarding Aces' explanation of Kate's life for Jones?
7. What information does Jones need before he feels he can respond to Kate's job offer?
8. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
9. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
10. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)