|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A laptop.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A new suit.
2. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
(a) A bar.
(b) The marina.
(c) His room.
(d) The airport.
3. In what country is the city in #92 located?
(a) United States.
4. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Marketing consultant.
(b) Stock market adviser.
(c) Having sex with rich women.
(d) Las Vegas dealer.
5. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will learn a lot.
(b) Jones will never regret it.
(c) Jones will live to regret it.
(d) Jones will be her slave boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
2. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
3. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
4. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
5. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jones' strong feelings for Kate prompt him to think that he might be in over his head?
2. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
3. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
4. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
5. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
6. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
7. How does Axel Jaeger embody one of the book's key themes?
8. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
9. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
10. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)