|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Wausau.
(b) Mr. Sloane.
(c) Mr. Appleton.
(d) Mr. Reardon.
2. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A therapist.
3. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Mr. Appleton's.
(b) Estelle Winwood's.
(c) Dorothy Parker's.
(d) Tennessee Williams'.
4. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
(a) Joseph Kennedy.
(b) Andy Warhol.
(c) Dean Martin.
(d) John Wayne.
5. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies the person in #153?
2. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
3. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
4. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
5. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
2. Who is Aces Nelson and how does Jones meet him?
3. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
4. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
5. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
6. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
7. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
8. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
9. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
10. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)