|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(b) orange juice.
2. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Wausau.
(b) Mr. Reardon.
(c) Mr. Sloane.
(d) Mr. Appleton.
3. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
(a) It is literary.
(b) It is religious.
(c) It has fame and fortune.
(d) It is philanthropic.
4. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Phil Unger.
(b) Axel Jaeger.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Dave Jamison.
5. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A tie clip.
(c) A business card.
(d) A silk scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
2. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
3. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
4. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
5. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Jones into discussing a party held in Montgomery Clift's honor?
2. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
3. Describe Jones' first encounter with Kate McCloud.
4. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
5. How is the theme of loneliness exhibited in this chapter?
6. Who is Mr. Appleton and what is his relationship to Jones?
7. What impact did the publication of this work have on Capote's life?
8. What are three of the book's motifs that make an appearance in this chapter?
9. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
10. Who is Aces Nelson and how does Jones meet him?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)