|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones was trained as a _________________.
2. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
(a) His writing style.
(b) His middle name.
(c) His agent.
(d) His home address.
3. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
(b) The Far East.
(d) The country.
4. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A tobacco farmer.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A publisher.
5. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(a) Home remodeling projects.
(b) Highly visible social life.
(c) Eccentric behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
2. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
3. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
4. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
5. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
2. Give an example of how the author thinly veils the work as fiction.
3. What is a core theme of the book and how does it manifest in people?
4. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
5. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
6. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
7. Who is Woodrow Hamilton and what pivotal role does he play in Jones' life?
8. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
9. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
10. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)