|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company Hamilton suggests Jones should work?
(a) Cornell University.
(b) The Self Service Agency.
(c) Interiors by Design.
(d) The New York Times.
2. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are inspired.
(b) They are near perfection.
(c) They are brilliant.
(d) They aren't very good.
3. What type of school did Jones attend?
(a) Private school.
(b) Convent school.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) Military school.
4. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) Cane River.
(d) Killer Angels.
5. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) He has another appointment.
(b) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(c) His work hours are over.
(d) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
2. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
3. What is notable about the masseur Jones meets in the YMCA?
4. Which famous French novelist does Jones meet in Paris?
5. Jones was trained as a _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
2. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
3. What is the focus of the book?
4. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
5. Who was Denham Fouts?
6. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
7. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
8. Give an example of how the author thinly veils the work as fiction.
9. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
10. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)