|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
2. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
(a) His life would have been better.
(b) He would have missed the night life.
(c) He would have probably killed himself.
(d) He would have been very lonely.
3. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
(a) From a friend.
(b) From a drug dealer.
(c) From a newspaper article.
(d) From a caterer.
4. Jones was trained as a _________________.
5. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) An editor.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A florist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous French novelist does Jones meet in Paris?
2. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
3. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
4. Who is another person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
5. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
2. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
3. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
4. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
5. Who is Woodrow Hamilton and what pivotal role does he play in Jones' life?
6. Who does the editor feel is the real person disguised as P.B. Jones?
7. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
8. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
9. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
10. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)