|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
2. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) rural America.
(b) high society.
3. Mr. Wallace is probably a pseudonym for which famous person?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) William Faulkner.
4. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) New York.
5. What type of school did Jones attend?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Military school.
(c) Convent school.
(d) Private school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
2. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
3. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
4. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
5. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
2. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
3. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
4. What does Jones imply with his ideas of moving to the country or moving to the sixth floor?
5. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
6. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
7. What is the focus of the book?
8. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
9. How does Jones balance his dark side with an entertaining style of writing to engage the reader?
10. Which author and book did Capote try to emulate in the writing of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)