|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous French novelist does Jones meet in Paris?
(a) Annie Ernaux.
(c) Antoine de Saint Exupery.
(d) Marcel Proust.
2. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(b) Capote destroyed the chapters.
(c) Capote published them under a different name.
(d) They were published as a separate book.
3. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
(a) From a newspaper article.
(b) From a drug dealer.
(c) From a caterer.
(d) From a friend.
4. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
(a) Avery Weddington.
(b) Kate McCloud.
(c) Michaele Sloane.
(d) Ava Gardner.
5. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
(c) The Far East.
(d) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
2. Who is the author of the work in #12?
3. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
4. Where is Jones living during this time?
5. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
2. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
3. Who does the editor feel is the real person disguised as P.B. Jones?
4. How did Jones get the money to get to New York and how does he describe his first year in that city?
5. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
6. What does Jones imply with his ideas of moving to the country or moving to the sixth floor?
7. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
8. What is a core theme of the book and how does it manifest in people?
9. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
10. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)