|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Crystal paperweight.
(b) Grey fedora.
(c) Mont Blanc pen.
(d) Diamond cufflinks.
2. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
(a) Johnson Davis.
(b) Johnnie Watson.
(c) Jack Dunphy.
(d) James Hall.
3. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
(a) The building is jammed up next to another one.
(b) The window is sealed shut.
(c) There is a rooftop just below.
(d) There is no fire escape.
4. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) Remembrance of Things Past.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(d) Travels with Charley.
5. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A tobacco farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
2. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
3. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
4. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
5. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
2. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
3. Who is Woodrow Hamilton and what pivotal role does he play in Jones' life?
4. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
5. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
6. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
7. Who is Florie Rotondo?
8. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
9. Which author and book did Capote try to emulate in the writing of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
10. What is the focus of the book?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)