|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could have been the reason Capote never finished the book?
(a) He died before he could finish it.
(b) He simply got tired of writing.
(c) He got too ill to complete it.
(d) He knew it would never achieve his standards.
2. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(b) Get up early every day to start writing.
(c) Never listen to critics.
(d) Always respect the ambitious child within.
3. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
4. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Drug abuse.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Sexual promiscuity.
(d) Unattended children.
5. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Mont Blanc pen.
(b) Diamond cufflinks.
(c) Crystal paperweight.
(d) Grey fedora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the work in #12?
2. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
3. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
4. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
5. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
2. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
3. Why does the author reveal the sexual practices in both high society as well as the lower side of life at the YMCA?
4. Give an example of how the author thinly veils the work as fiction.
5. Which author and book did Capote try to emulate in the writing of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
6. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
7. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
8. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
9. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
10. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)