|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
(a) His middle name.
(b) His agent.
(c) His writing style.
(d) His home address.
2. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
(a) Her brooch.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her watch.
(d) Her stilettos.
3. How can Capote's public persona be generally described?
(a) Extremely opinionated.
(c) Shy around others.
(d) Unable to speak in public.
4. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
(a) He was living in a townhouse.
(b) He already bought property in a suburb.
(c) He had already headed to the Earth's interior.
(d) The farm he was interested sold to someone else.
5. Jones was trained as a _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
2. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
3. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
4. Jones says his book is about ________________.
5. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Denham Fouts?
2. How does Jones balance his dark side with an entertaining style of writing to engage the reader?
3. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
4. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
5. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
6. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
7. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
8. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
9. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
10. Which author and book did Capote try to emulate in the writing of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)