|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
(a) the late 1940s into the early 1960s.
(b) the early 1950s into the early 1970s.
(c) the late 1970s into the early 1990s.
(d) the late 1960s into the early 1980s.
2. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) C.A. Hall.
(b) T.D. Matlow.
(c) P.B. Jones.
(d) D.A. Meadows.
3. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Crystal paperweight.
(b) Mont Blanc pen.
(c) Diamond cufflinks.
(d) Grey fedora.
4. Mr. Wallace is probably a pseudonym for which famous person?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) William Faulkner.
5. What is the title of Jones' first book?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Quo Vadis.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Answerd Prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
2. Who is P.B. Jones?
3. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
4. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
5. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
2. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
3. Who is Florie Rotondo?
4. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
5. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
6. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
7. Why does the author reveal the sexual practices in both high society as well as the lower side of life at the YMCA?
8. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
9. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
10. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)