|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company Hamilton suggests Jones should work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Cornell University.
(c) Interiors by Design.
(d) The Self Service Agency.
2. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote published them under a different name.
(b) They were published as a separate book.
(c) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(d) Capote destroyed the chapters.
3. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
(a) He would have probably killed himself.
(b) He would have missed the night life.
(c) He would have been very lonely.
(d) His life would have been better.
4. Where did Jones move with money he earned?
(a) New York.
5. Who does P.B. Jones say he has met?
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
(c) The Queen of England.
(d) Soccer stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
2. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
3. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
4. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
5. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
2. What is the focus of the book?
3. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
4. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
5. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
6. Why does the author reveal the sexual practices in both high society as well as the lower side of life at the YMCA?
7. How did Jones get the money to get to New York and how does he describe his first year in that city?
8. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
9. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
10. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)