|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(b) Travels with Charley.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
2. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) Cecil Beaton.
(c) Ansel Adams.
(d) Annie Leibowitz.
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(c) sexual prowess.
4. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(a) Tender Is the Night.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
5. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Johnson Davis.
(c) Jack Dunphy.
(d) Johnnie Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the work in #12?
2. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
3. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
4. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
5. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
2. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
3. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
4. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
5. Why does the reader have a feeling of incompleteness while reading this book?
6. What were the perceptions among Capote's real life friends upon the publication of this fictional work?
7. How does Capote end the book with metaphors of the passage of time for everyone?
8. How does the author blur the line between reality and fiction regarding Barbara Hutton?
9. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
10. Who was Denham Fouts?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)