|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Hamilton suggest to Jones?
(b) Interior designer.
(c) Companion for hire.
2. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
3. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
(a) From a friend.
(b) From a caterer.
(c) From a newspaper article.
(d) From a drug dealer.
4. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
(b) He wanted his advice.
(c) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
(d) He missed him.
5. How can Capote's public persona be generally described?
(a) Unable to speak in public.
(c) Shy around others.
(d) Extremely opinionated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
2. What happened to Capote when real people recognized themselves in this book?
3. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
4. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
5. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
2. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
3. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
4. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
5. How is the theme of fame and fortune exhibited in this chapter?
6. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
7. How does Lady Ina's impending divorce foreshadow events for Capote's real life?
8. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
9. Why does Lady Ina avoid telling Jones about her impending divorce until the end of the lunch?
10. Why does the author reveal the sexual practices in both high society as well as the lower side of life at the YMCA?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)