|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) More chapters are in a safe deposit box.
(b) A few more chapters were burned in a house fire.
(c) A full manuscript was never completed.
(d) A full manuscript is forgotten somewhere.
2. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
(a) From a newspaper article.
(b) From a caterer.
(c) From a drug dealer.
(d) From a friend.
3. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) Bennett Cerf.
(c) Joseph M. Fox.
(d) William Paley.
4. Where is Jones living during this time?
(a) The Hilton.
(b) The Hotel on Fourth.
(c) The Beekman Arms.
(d) The YMCA.
5. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the work in #12?
2. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
3. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
4. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
5. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which American expatriate has a strong influence on Jones' life?
2. What is the premise of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
3. Who does the editor feel is the real person disguised as P.B. Jones?
4. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
5. Who is Florie Rotondo?
6. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
7. What does Jones imply with his ideas of moving to the country or moving to the sixth floor?
8. What is a core theme of the book and how does it manifest in people?
9. How does Jones balance his dark side with an entertaining style of writing to engage the reader?
10. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)