|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Florie Rotondo travel?
(c) The North Pole.
(d) The center of the earth.
2. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A trinket.
(d) A talisman.
3. Jones was trained as a _________________.
4. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
(a) On a dare.
(b) To shock people.
(c) For adventure.
(d) For payment.
5. What does Jones refer to himself as?
(a) Hershey Bar whore.
(b) Prince among men.
(c) Last of the good guys.
(d) A lost cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
2. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
3. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
4. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
5. Who is Florie Rotondo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jones get the money to get to New York and how does he describe his first year in that city?
2. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
3. Who is Florie Rotondo?
4. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
5. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
6. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
7. Who is Woodrow Hamilton and what pivotal role does he play in Jones' life?
8. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
9. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
10. What is the focus of the book?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)