|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
2. Who is another person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Miriam Warhol.
(b) Deidre Vallingdeham.
(c) Kate McCloud.
(d) Louise Talbot.
3. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Theater tickets.
4. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Remembrance of Things Past.
(c) Travels with Charley.
(d) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
5. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
(a) A suburb.
(b) Big city.
(c) Inner city.
(d) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
2. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
3. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
4. Jones was trained as a _________________.
5. What does Fox consider highly unlikely regarding this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the metaphors of the menstrual blood and the washing of the bedding in this chapter.
2. Why does the author reveal the sexual practices in both high society as well as the lower side of life at the YMCA?
3. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
4. How does Jones break professional protocol regarding Mr. Appleton?
5. Who is Aces Nelson and how does Jones meet him?
6. Why does the author again resort to heavy name dropping in this chapter?
7. How does Jones balance his dark side with an entertaining style of writing to engage the reader?
8. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
9. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
10. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)