|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
(a) There is no fire escape.
(b) The window is sealed shut.
(c) The building is jammed up next to another one.
(d) There is a rooftop just below.
2. Who does P.B. Jones say he has met?
(a) Unspoiled monsters.
(b) Soccer stars.
(d) The Queen of England.
3. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
(a) Avery Weddington.
(b) Ava Gardner.
(c) Michaele Sloane.
(d) Kate McCloud.
4. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
5. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
(a) Send out for lunch.
(b) Respond to correspondence.
(c) Walk the man's dog.
(d) Shine the man's shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
2. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
3. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
4. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
5. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Denham Fouts?
2. What was the nature of Jones' childhood and early adulthood?
3. What is a core theme of the book and how does it manifest in people?
4. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
5. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
6. What is the irony of Jones' namedropping in the book?
7. Who is Woodrow Hamilton and what pivotal role does he play in Jones' life?
8. What is the focus of the book?
9. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
10. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)