|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Diamond cufflinks.
(b) Crystal paperweight.
(c) Mont Blanc pen.
(d) Grey fedora.
2. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
(a) New York.
3. How old is Florie Rotondo?
4. Where does Fouts go to wean himself off drugs?
(a) New York.
5. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
(a) From a newspaper article.
(b) From a caterer.
(c) From a friend.
(d) From a drug dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
2. How can Capote's public persona be generally described?
3. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
4. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
5. Who is the editor of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Ina avoid telling Jones about her impending divorce until the end of the lunch?
2. What is Kate McCloud's life history?
3. What celebrities does the author name outright in this chapter and who are mildly disguised?
4. What is the reader's frustration with the burgeoning relationship Jones has with Mr. Appleton?
5. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
6. Why does Jones mention Florie Rotondo during the low moments at the end of this chapter?
7. Why does Miss Self summon Jones to a meeting and why is she willing to forgo her business tenet of no socialization of employees with clients outside business appointments?
8. What does the editor note as Capote's personal characteristics?
9. Who is Florie Rotondo?
10. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)