|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Unattended children.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Sexual promiscuity.
2. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
(a) Big city.
(b) The country.
(c) A suburb.
(d) Inner city.
3. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) American singing star.
(b) American heiress.
(c) French sculptor.
(d) French poet.
4. What is the title of Jones' first book?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Quo Vadis.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Answerd Prayers.
5. How old is Florie Rotondo?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
2. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
3. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
4. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
5. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jones' thoughts of jumping out the sixth floor window curtailed?
2. Which author and book do Jones and Hamilton discuss related to Jones' writing?
3. Why does the crystal paperweight remind Jones of Kate McCloud?
4. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
5. What is a core theme of the book and how does it manifest in people?
6. What is the significance of the crystal paperweight given to Jones by Colette?
7. Which author and book did Capote try to emulate in the writing of ANSWERED PRAYERS?
8. Explain Truman Capote's notoriety in the 1960s and 1970s.
9. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
10. What is Jones' perspective on moving to the country himself?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)