|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) A piece of chocolate.
(d) Theater tickets.
2. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
3. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Drug abuse.
(b) Unattended children.
(c) Sexual promiscuity.
(d) Loud music.
4. Where did Jones move with money he earned?
(c) New York.
5. What could have been the reason Capote never finished the book?
(a) He got too ill to complete it.
(b) He simply got tired of writing.
(c) He knew it would never achieve his standards.
(d) He died before he could finish it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
2. What is the setting for this section of the book?
3. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
4. Who is Turner Boatwright?
5. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Turner Boatwright and what is his relationship with Jones?
2. Who are some of the famous people who Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
3. Who does the editor feel is the real person disguised as P.B. Jones?
4. Which real person is thinly disguised in the character of Mr. Wallace?
5. Why does Jones connect Peggy Guggenheim to his days of writing his novel called Sleepless Millions?
6. Give an example of how the author thinly veils the work as fiction.
7. Why does Jones identify so strongly with the American expatriates?
8. What was the nature of Jones' one marriage?
9. Why did Capote's friends disown him after the publication of this book?
10. Who was Denham Fouts?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)