|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A little boy.
2. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
(a) He is returning her call.
(b) He saw his movie.
(c) He read her newspaper column.
(d) He sees his business card.
3. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
(d) Iced Tea.
4. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Phil Unger.
(c) Dave Jamison.
(d) Axel Jaeger.
5. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
6. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
(a) He is a hypochondriac.
(b) He is a criminal.
(c) He is a recluse.
(d) He is desperate for an heir.
7. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
8. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
(a) Cole Manchester.
(b) Alan Cole.
(c) Cole Madison.
(d) Cole Porter.
9. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(d) Las Vegas.
10. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Aces is in love with him.
(b) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
(c) Kate wants to hire Jones.
(d) Aces is moving to Rome.
11. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Ritz.
(b) The Mayflower.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The Carlyle.
12. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Appleton.
(b) Mr. Sloane.
(c) Mr. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Wallace.
13. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
(b) Brash and arrogant.
(c) Physically repugnant.
(d) Physically and emotionally attractive.
14. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) An hour.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A week.
(d) Six months.
15. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Dorothy Parker's.
(b) Mr. Appleton's.
(c) Estelle Winwood's.
(d) Tennessee Williams'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
2. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
3. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
4. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
5. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)