|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
(a) Mrs. Leonard.
(b) Mrs. Davis.
(c) Mrs. Cooper.
(d) Mrs. Matthau.
2. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
(a) Joseph Kennedy.
(b) Dean Martin.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Andy Warhol.
3. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Dave Jamison.
(c) Phil Unger.
(d) Axel Jaeger.
4. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
5. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
(b) Aces is in love with him.
(c) Kate wants to hire Jones.
(d) Aces is moving to Rome.
6. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
(a) flying in a plane.
(b) skiing down a mountain.
(c) going on safari.
(d) walking on a beach.
7. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Reardon.
(b) Mr. Sloane.
(c) Mr. Wausau.
(d) Mr. Appleton.
8. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
(a) Marlene Dietrich.
(b) Lady Ina Coolbirth.
(c) Lady Bird Johnson.
(d) Ava Gardner.
9. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
(a) Babe Paley.
(b) Marlene Paige.
(c) Ann Hopkins.
(d) Beverly Morganstern.
10. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
11. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) The Thanksgiving weekend.
(d) A month in the Mediterranean.
12. Who accompanies Jones and Aces to Kate McCloud's hotel suite?
13. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) He is a hypochondriac.
(c) He is desperate for an heir.
(d) He is a recluse.
14. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(b) She needs a good bartender.
(c) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(d) She needs a handsome escort.
15. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
(b) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
(c) She has their apartment bugged.
(d) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones' dining companion tells a sexy story about a man named _______________.
2. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
3. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
4. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
5. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)