|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
2. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) An hour.
(b) A week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Six months.
3. Where does Jones encounter Kate McCloud?
4. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) paying for dinner.
(b) moving to Rome.
(c) adopting a puppy.
(d) learning French.
5. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Errol Flynn.
(c) Montgomery Clift.
(d) Clark Gable.
6. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Cut off her funds.
(c) Renew his vows.
(d) Kill her.
7. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
(a) Marlene Dietrich.
(b) Lady Ina Coolbirth.
(c) Lady Bird Johnson.
(d) Ava Gardner.
8. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Mayflower.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) The Carlyle.
9. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
(a) The marina.
(b) His room.
(c) The airport.
(d) A bar.
10. Who accompanies the person in #153?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her publicist.
(d) Her sister.
11. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A laptop.
12. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
(c) Babe Paley.
(d) Slim Keith.
13. Jones' dining companion tells a sexy story about a man named _______________.
14. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will be her slave boy.
(b) Jones will live to regret it.
(c) Jones will learn a lot.
(d) Jones will never regret it.
15. What nationality is Kate's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
2. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
3. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
4. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
5. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)