|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A business card.
(c) A silk scarf.
(d) A tie clip.
2. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
3. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Charles DeGaulle.
4. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
5. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Slim Keith.
(b) Babe Paley.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
6. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
7. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will be her slave boy.
(b) Jones will learn a lot.
(c) Jones will never regret it.
(d) Jones will live to regret it.
8. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
9. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
(a) She will get a large fee.
(b) She will do whatever Mr. Appleton wants.
(c) She is going to fire Jones afterward.
(d) She will get referrals.
10. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
(a) His father.
(b) His business partner.
(c) His mother.
11. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) The Thanksgiving weekend.
(c) A month in the Mediterranean.
(d) New Year's Eve.
12. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
13. Where does Jones encounter Kate McCloud?
14. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) An hour.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
15. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Dorothy Parker's.
(b) Mr. Appleton's.
(c) Tennessee Williams'.
(d) Estelle Winwood's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones want to find at the center of the earth?
2. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
3. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
4. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
5. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)