|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
(a) Hire a tutor.
(b) Put him in military school.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Send him to finishing school.
2. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A business card.
(b) A tie clip.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A silk scarf.
3. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
(a) Cole Porter.
(b) Cole Manchester.
(c) Alan Cole.
(d) Cole Madison.
4. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Reardon.
(b) Mr. Wausau.
(c) Mr. Appleton.
(d) Mr. Sloane.
5. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
(c) Iced Tea.
6. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) An hour.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) A few hours.
7. Where does Jones encounter Kate McCloud?
8. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(b) Las Vegas.
9. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) learning French.
(b) moving to Rome.
(c) adopting a puppy.
(d) paying for dinner.
10. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
11. Who accompanies the person in #153?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her publicist.
12. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
(a) Physically repugnant.
(b) Physically and emotionally attractive.
(c) Brash and arrogant.
13. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
(c) Charles DeGaulle.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
14. What does Jones want to find at the center of the earth?
(a) Pots of gold.
(c) A yacht.
(d) Unspoiled monsters.
15. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
2. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
3. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
4. Jones takes the job as Kate's ______________ and masseur.
5. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)