|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Jones and Aces to Kate McCloud's hotel suite?
2. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A tie clip.
(b) A business card.
(c) A wallet.
(d) A silk scarf.
3. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
(a) Physically and emotionally attractive.
(c) Physically repugnant.
(d) Brash and arrogant.
4. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
(a) He is a hypochondriac.
(b) He is a criminal.
(c) He is a recluse.
(d) He is desperate for an heir.
5. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Errol Flynn.
(c) Montgomery Clift.
(d) Clark Gable.
6. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
7. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Write her book.
(b) Train her dog.
(c) Kidnap her son.
(d) Tend bar.
8. What nationality is Kate's husband?
9. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
10. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Las Vegas dealer.
(b) Having sex with rich women.
(c) Stock market adviser.
(d) Marketing consultant.
11. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(b) She needs a handsome escort.
(c) She needs a good bartender.
(d) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
12. Jones' dining companion tells a sexy story about a man named _______________.
13. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
(a) Tavern on the Green.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) La Cote Basque.
14. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
15. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
2. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
3. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
4. Who hosted a party in honor of the actor in #111?
5. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)