|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
2. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
(a) It is philanthropic.
(b) It is religious.
(c) It is literary.
(d) It has fame and fortune.
3. What is Mutt's other name?
4. Where does Jones go in this chapter?
(a) All-night movie.
(c) Cocktail lounge.
5. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
(a) Physically and emotionally attractive.
(b) Physically repugnant.
(d) Brash and arrogant.
6. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
7. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
(a) going on safari.
(b) flying in a plane.
(c) walking on a beach.
(d) skiing down a mountain.
8. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
9. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
(b) His mother.
(c) His business partner.
(d) His father.
10. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(d) Las Vegas.
11. What does Jones decide after having spent some time with Kate?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is repulsed by her physically.
(c) He is prepared to do anything for her approval.
(d) He finds her taste very gaudy.
12. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
(a) He is desperate for an heir.
(b) He is a criminal.
(c) He is a hypochondriac.
(d) He is a recluse.
13. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(b) orange juice.
14. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
(d) Miss Self.
15. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Sloane.
(b) Mr. Wallace.
(c) Mr. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Appleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
2. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
3. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
4. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
5. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)