|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones takes the job as Kate's ______________ and masseur.
2. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Babe Paley.
(c) Slim Keith.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
3. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
(a) La Cote Basque.
(b) The Four Seasons.
(c) The Russian Tea Room.
(d) Tavern on the Green.
4. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
(a) Brash and arrogant.
(b) Physically and emotionally attractive.
(c) Physically repugnant.
5. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) An hour.
(b) A week.
(c) Six months.
(d) A few hours.
6. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
(a) It is philanthropic.
(b) It is religious.
(c) It is literary.
(d) It has fame and fortune.
7. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will learn a lot.
(b) Jones will live to regret it.
(c) Jones will never regret it.
(d) Jones will be her slave boy.
8. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
(a) The airport.
(b) A bar.
(c) His room.
(d) The marina.
9. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
(a) Babe Paley.
(b) Marlene Paige.
(c) Ann Hopkins.
(d) Beverly Morganstern.
10. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a handsome escort.
(b) She needs a good bartender.
(c) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(d) She needs a witty personality at parties.
11. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
12. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
(a) Cole Manchester.
(b) Cole Porter.
(c) Cole Madison.
(d) Alan Cole.
13. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
14. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
(a) Dean Martin.
(b) Joseph Kennedy.
(c) Andy Warhol.
(d) John Wayne.
15. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
2. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
3. Who accompanies the person in #153?
4. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
5. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)