|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Lyndon Johnson.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Charles DeGaulle.
2. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
(a) They are having an affair.
(b) They are newlyweds.
(c) They are dying of leukemia.
(d) They are mother and son.
3. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
(a) Marlene Paige.
(b) Beverly Morganstern.
(c) Ann Hopkins.
(d) Babe Paley.
4. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Dave Jamison.
(b) Phil Unger.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Axel Jaeger.
5. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Sloane.
(b) Mr. Montgomery.
(c) Mr. Appleton.
(d) Mr. Wallace.
6. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Aces is moving to Rome.
(b) Aces is in love with him.
(c) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
(d) Kate wants to hire Jones.
7. What exotic dish do Jones and his dining companion enjoy?
(a) Baked Alaska.
(b) Creme brulee.
8. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Marketing consultant.
(b) Stock market adviser.
(c) Having sex with rich women.
(d) Las Vegas dealer.
9. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(a) orange juice.
10. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Wausau.
(b) Mr. Reardon.
(c) Mr. Appleton.
(d) Mr. Sloane.
11. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Slim Keith.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
(c) Babe Paley.
(d) Harper Lee.
12. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
13. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Cut off her funds.
(b) Renew his vows.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Kill her.
14. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Kidnap her son.
(b) Tend bar.
(c) Write her book.
(d) Train her dog.
15. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) A week.
(b) Six months.
(c) An hour.
(d) A few hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
2. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
3. How does Jones find the man in #103 to be?
4. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
5. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)