|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A business card.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A tie clip.
(d) A silk scarf.
2. What does Jones decide after having spent some time with Kate?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is repulsed by her physically.
(c) He finds her taste very gaudy.
(d) He is prepared to do anything for her approval.
3. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
4. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
(b) Miss Self.
5. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
6. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
(a) A laptop.
(b) A notebook.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A cell phone.
7. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
8. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
(b) She has their apartment bugged.
(c) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
(d) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
9. Where does Jones encounter Kate McCloud?
10. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Las Vegas dealer.
(b) Having sex with rich women.
(c) Marketing consultant.
(d) Stock market adviser.
11. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
12. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Aces is moving to Rome.
(b) Aces is in love with him.
(c) Kate wants to hire Jones.
(d) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
13. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Divorces her.
(b) Destroys the horse.
(c) Locks her in the house.
(d) Burns the stables.
14. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
15. Why did Kate's husband go into isolation with their young son?
(a) He is a criminal.
(b) He is desperate for an heir.
(c) He is a recluse.
(d) He is a hypochondriac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
2. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
3. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
5. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)