|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
(a) La Cote Basque.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) Tavern on the Green.
2. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Reardon.
(b) Mr. Wausau.
(c) Mr. Sloane.
(d) Mr. Appleton.
3. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
(a) Hire a tutor.
(b) Send him to finishing school.
(c) Put him in military school.
(d) Kidnap him.
4. Jones takes the job as Kate's ______________ and masseur.
5. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
(a) Lady Ina Coolbirth.
(b) Lady Bird Johnson.
(c) Ava Gardner.
(d) Marlene Dietrich.
6. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
7. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Train her dog.
(b) Tend bar.
(c) Kidnap her son.
(d) Write her book.
8. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Having sex with rich women.
(b) Marketing consultant.
(c) Stock market adviser.
(d) Las Vegas dealer.
9. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
(a) Iced Tea.
10. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
11. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
12. What nationality is Kate's husband?
13. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
14. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
(b) Miss Self.
15. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Carlyle.
(b) The Mayflower.
(c) The Ritz.
(d) The Four Seasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
2. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
3. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
4. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
5. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)