|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Sloane.
(b) Mr. Wallace.
(c) Mr. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Appleton.
2. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
3. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) The Ritz.
(c) The Carlyle.
(d) The Mayflower.
4. Where does Jones go in this chapter?
(b) Cocktail lounge.
(c) All-night movie.
5. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will learn a lot.
(b) Jones will live to regret it.
(c) Jones will be her slave boy.
(d) Jones will never regret it.
6. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Mr. Appleton's.
(b) Dorothy Parker's.
(c) Estelle Winwood's.
(d) Tennessee Williams'.
7. What does Jones say he did with Mr. Appleton's business card?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He passed it on to a friend.
(c) He gave it back.
(d) He lost it.
8. Who accompanies the person in #153?
(a) Her publicist.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her sister.
9. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
10. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
11. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
12. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
(a) They are dying of leukemia.
(b) They are having an affair.
(c) They are newlyweds.
(d) They are mother and son.
13. In what country is the city in #92 located?
(c) United States.
14. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) A month in the Mediterranean.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) The Thanksgiving weekend.
15. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) An hour.
(b) A week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
2. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
3. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
4. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
5. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)