|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Write her book.
(b) Train her dog.
(c) Tend bar.
(d) Kidnap her son.
2. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will never regret it.
(b) Jones will live to regret it.
(c) Jones will be her slave boy.
(d) Jones will learn a lot.
3. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
4. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Locks her in the house.
(b) Divorces her.
(c) Destroys the horse.
(d) Burns the stables.
5. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
6. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Slim Keith.
(c) Babe Paley.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
7. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
(a) walking on a beach.
(b) going on safari.
(c) flying in a plane.
(d) skiing down a mountain.
8. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Sloane.
(b) Mr. Wallace.
(c) Mr. Appleton.
(d) Mr. Montgomery.
9. What prompts Jones to call the person in #114 at such an early hour?
(a) He read her newspaper column.
(b) He is returning her call.
(c) He saw his movie.
(d) He sees his business card.
10. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Cut off her funds.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Renew his vows.
11. What religion does Kate's husband practice?
12. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(c) Las Vegas.
13. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Lyndon Johnson.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Charles DeGaulle.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
14. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
(a) It is literary.
(b) It is philanthropic.
(c) It is religious.
(d) It has fame and fortune.
15. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
(a) The Russian Tea Room.
(b) La Cote Basque.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) Tavern on the Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
2. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
3. What nationality is Kate's husband?
4. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
5. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)