|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
2. What does Jones decide after having spent some time with Kate?
(a) He is prepared to do anything for her approval.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He finds her taste very gaudy.
(d) He is repulsed by her physically.
3. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
(d) Las Vegas.
4. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
(a) The airport.
(b) His room.
(c) A bar.
(d) The marina.
5. Where does Jones go in this chapter?
(b) Cocktail lounge.
(d) All-night movie.
6. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A little boy.
7. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
(d) Iced Tea.
8. Miss Self is concerned about a relationship between Jones and __________________.
(a) Mr. Sloane.
(b) Mr. Appleton.
(c) Mr. Montgomery.
(d) Mr. Wallace.
9. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
10. What nationality is Kate's husband?
11. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Tennessee Williams'.
(b) Estelle Winwood's.
(c) Mr. Appleton's.
(d) Dorothy Parker's.
12. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) paying for dinner.
(b) moving to Rome.
(c) adopting a puppy.
(d) learning French.
13. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(b) She needs a handsome escort.
(c) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(d) She needs a good bartender.
14. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
(a) They are dying of leukemia.
(b) They are mother and son.
(c) They are newlyweds.
(d) They are having an affair.
15. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
2. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
3. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
4. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
5. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)