|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(b) orange juice.
2. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
3. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
(a) His room.
(b) The marina.
(c) A bar.
(d) The airport.
4. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
(a) They are dying of leukemia.
(b) They are having an affair.
(c) They are mother and son.
(d) They are newlyweds.
5. Who is Jones summoned to see on this miserable morning?
(d) Miss Self.
6. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Phil Unger.
(b) Dave Jamison.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Axel Jaeger.
7. What does Jones want to find at the center of the earth?
(b) A yacht.
(c) Unspoiled monsters.
(d) Pots of gold.
8. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Las Vegas dealer.
(b) Stock market adviser.
(c) Marketing consultant.
(d) Having sex with rich women.
9. At what restaurant does Jones dine with the person in #146?
(a) The Russian Tea Room.
(b) Tavern on the Green.
(c) La Cote Basque.
(d) The Four Seasons.
10. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
(a) Ava Gardner.
(b) Lady Bird Johnson.
(c) Lady Ina Coolbirth.
(d) Marlene Dietrich.
11. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Cut off her funds.
(b) Renew his vows.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Divorce her.
12. Jones' dining companion says that the British Royal Family is racist and _________________.
13. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
(a) Clark Gable.
(b) Errol Flynn.
(c) John Wayne.
(d) Montgomery Clift.
14. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
(a) A few hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) A week.
(d) Six months.
15. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
2. What nationality is Kate's husband?
3. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
4. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
5. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)