|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
2. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
(a) It has fame and fortune.
(b) It is literary.
(c) It is philanthropic.
(d) It is religious.
3. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Marketing consultant.
(b) Stock market adviser.
(c) Having sex with rich women.
(d) Las Vegas dealer.
4. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
(a) His mother.
(b) His business partner.
(d) His father.
5. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
6. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
(a) Mr. Wallace.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Florie Rotondo.
(d) His mother.
7. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Charles DeGaulle.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Jackie Kennedy.
(d) Lyndon Johnson.
8. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Renew his vows.
(c) Cut off her funds.
(d) Divorce her.
9. What does Jones say he did with Mr. Appleton's business card?
(a) He passed it on to a friend.
(b) He lost it.
(c) He gave it back.
(d) He burned it.
10. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
(d) Iced Tea.
11. Who does Jones call "The Black Duchess"?
12. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
13. What does Jones want to find at the center of the earth?
(a) A yacht.
(b) Pots of gold.
(d) Unspoiled monsters.
14. Who does Jones shout at on the street?
15. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) learning French.
(b) adopting a puppy.
(c) paying for dinner.
(d) moving to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
2. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
3. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
4. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
5. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)