|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a good bartender.
(b) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(c) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(d) She needs a handsome escort.
2. Which socialite staged a home invasion in which her husband was killed?
(a) Ann Hopkins.
(b) Beverly Morganstern.
(c) Babe Paley.
(d) Marlene Paige.
3. Who accompanies the person in #153?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her publicist.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her husband.
4. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
(a) Mrs. Leonard.
(b) Mrs. Cooper.
(c) Mrs. Matthau.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
5. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
6. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
7. What is Mutt's other name?
8. Who is Kate McCloud's assistant?
9. What does Jones' dining companion tell him about an older woman and young man dining together?
(a) They are dying of leukemia.
(b) They are newlyweds.
(c) They are mother and son.
(d) They are having an affair.
10. Who hosted a party in honor of the actor in #111?
(a) Turner Boatwright.
(b) Candy McCain.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Dorothy Kilgallon.
11. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
(a) Ava Gardner.
(b) Lady Ina Coolbirth.
(c) Marlene Dietrich.
(d) Lady Bird Johnson.
12. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Stock market adviser.
(b) Las Vegas dealer.
(c) Marketing consultant.
(d) Having sex with rich women.
13. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A bartender.
14. What is Kate McCloud's nationality?
15. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Burns the stables.
(b) Destroys the horse.
(c) Locks her in the house.
(d) Divorces her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Jones talk about for its intensity?
2. The character of Cole is intended to be __________________.
3. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
4. What does Jones say he did with Mr. Appleton's business card?
5. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)