|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She has their apartment bugged.
(b) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
(c) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
(d) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
2. In what city was Kate McCloud staying?
3. Why does Miss Self decide to break company rules and send Jones on the Appleton assignment?
(a) She will get a large fee.
(b) She will do whatever Mr. Appleton wants.
(c) She is going to fire Jones afterward.
(d) She will get referrals.
4. With whom does Jones have lunch in this chapter?
(a) Lady Ina Coolbirth.
(b) Lady Bird Johnson.
(c) Marlene Dietrich.
(d) Ava Gardner.
5. Aces manipulates Jones into ____________________.
(a) learning French.
(b) paying for dinner.
(c) adopting a puppy.
(d) moving to Rome.
6. What does the man in #103 give Jones before he leaves?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A tie clip.
(c) A business card.
(d) A silk scarf.
7. What is Jackie Kennedy's sister's name?
8. What does Jones decide after having spent some time with Kate?
(a) He is repulsed by her physically.
(b) He finds her taste very gaudy.
(c) He is prepared to do anything for her approval.
(d) He is in love with her.
9. Which world figure enters the restaurant, causing a stir?
(a) Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Lyndon Johnson.
(d) Charles DeGaulle.
10. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
(a) Mrs. Leonard.
(b) Mrs. Cooper.
(c) Mrs. Davis.
(d) Mrs. Matthau.
11. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
(d) Iced Tea.
12. What does Jones say he did with Mr. Appleton's business card?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He passed it on to a friend.
(c) He lost it.
(d) He gave it back.
13. How does Aces feel about Jones' going to work for Kate?
(a) Jones will never regret it.
(b) Jones will learn a lot.
(c) Jones will live to regret it.
(d) Jones will be her slave boy.
14. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
(a) The Carlyle.
(b) The Mayflower.
(c) The Ritz.
(d) The Four Seasons.
15. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
(a) flying in a plane.
(b) going on safari.
(c) walking on a beach.
(d) skiing down a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Miss Self remind Jones of?
2. Who else appears in Jones' dream?
3. Where does Jones go after leaving the theater?
4. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
5. In what country is the city in #92 located?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)