|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
(a) A month in the Mediterranean.
(b) The Thanksgiving weekend.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. How does Aces Nelson make his living?
(a) Having sex with rich women.
(b) Marketing consultant.
(c) Stock market adviser.
(d) Las Vegas dealer.
3. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
4. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
5. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
6. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
(a) Kate wants to hire Jones.
(b) Kate's son has been kidnapped.
(c) Aces is in love with him.
(d) Aces is moving to Rome.
7. Jones is bullied by Miss Self into going on an appointment with whom?
(a) Mr. Reardon.
(b) Mr. Sloane.
(c) Mr. Appleton.
(d) Mr. Wausau.
8. What does Kate's husband do when he thinks she spends too much time riding her horse?
(a) Locks her in the house.
(b) Burns the stables.
(c) Divorces her.
(d) Destroys the horse.
9. What does Jones decide after having spent some time with Kate?
(a) He is prepared to do anything for her approval.
(b) He is repulsed by her physically.
(c) He finds her taste very gaudy.
(d) He is in love with her.
10. To whom does Jones bid a silent goodnight as he heads home?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Wallace.
(c) Florie Rotondo.
(d) Tennessee Williams.
11. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
(b) orange juice.
12. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His business partner.
13. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
14. What is Jones afraid that Kate will ask him to do?
(a) Train her dog.
(b) Kidnap her son.
(c) Write her book.
(d) Tend bar.
15. What nationality is Kate's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones later has a dream that he and Kate are ____________________.
2. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
3. How much time has passed since Jones' last entry?
4. Kate's second husband is a businessman from which country?
5. Who is the actor starring in the movie in this chapter?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)