|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for Kate's husband to be committed to an asylum?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His business partner.
2. What is Jones' overall demeanor at this point in his life?
3. Jones' dining companion says that _____________ sexually assaulted her at one time.
(a) Andy Warhol.
(b) Dean Martin.
(c) Joseph Kennedy.
(d) John Wayne.
4. What does Aces think Kate's husband wants to do to her?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Renew his vows.
(c) Cut off her funds.
(d) Kill her.
5. Which diner is surprised to find that the man she did not recognize was her first husband?
(a) Mrs. Matthau.
(b) Mrs. Cooper.
(c) Mrs. Leonard.
(d) Mrs. Davis.
6. Who does Kate want to stay with her?
7. Who accompanies Jones and Aces to Kate McCloud's hotel suite?
8. What was Charlie Chaplin's wife's name?
9. Who is Kate's husband?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Axel Jaeger.
(c) Dave Jamison.
(d) Phil Unger.
10. Whose home does Jones call at three a.m.?
(a) Estelle Winwood's.
(b) Mr. Appleton's.
(c) Tennessee Williams'.
(d) Dorothy Parker's.
11. How does a socialite named Jane get revenge on her husband and his girlfriend?
(a) She tells them that her husband gave her a sexually transmitted disease.
(b) She has indiscriminate photos of them published.
(c) She gives information about the girlfriend to a gossip columnist.
(d) She has their apartment bugged.
12. For what has Mr. Appleton requested Jones' company?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) The Thanksgiving weekend.
(d) A month in the Mediterranean.
13. What is Kate McCloud's husband's name?
14. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a good bartender.
(b) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(c) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(d) She needs a handsome escort.
15. What does Jones say that he needs to buy?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A notebook.
(d) A laptop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does the person in #146 order at lunch?
2. What news does Aces give Jones in Paris?
3. Two cowboys agree that it takes _____________ to get a day started well.
4. Where does Jones go in this chapter?
5. Why is Jones drawn into Kate's world?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)