|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(b) Home remodeling projects.
(c) Eccentric behavior.
(d) Highly visible social life.
2. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) William Faulkner.
3. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(b) He has another appointment.
(c) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
(d) His work hours are over.
4. What type of school did Jones attend?
(a) Private school.
(b) Convent school.
(c) Military school.
(d) Boarding school.
5. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) A young writer.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A polo player.
6. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
7. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Always respect the ambitious child within.
(b) Never listen to critics.
(c) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(d) Get up early every day to start writing.
8. What is the profession of the person in #55?
(d) Interior designer.
9. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A trinket.
(c) A talisman.
(d) A bribe.
10. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(a) sexual prowess.
11. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
12. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
(a) The building is jammed up next to another one.
(b) There is a rooftop just below.
(c) The window is sealed shut.
(d) There is no fire escape.
13. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
14. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Alice Lee Langman.
(b) Joyce van Patten.
(c) Monique von Selsen.
(d) Hedy Lamaar.
15. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
(b) The country.
(d) The Far East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
2. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
3. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
4. How can Capote's public persona be generally described?
5. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)