Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(b) Travels with Charley.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
2. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) Cecil Beaton.
(c) Ansel Adams.
(d) Annie Leibowitz.
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(c) sexual prowess.
4. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(a) Tender Is the Night.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
5. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Johnson Davis.
(c) Jack Dunphy.
(d) Johnnie Watson.
6. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) Marcel Proust.
(b) James Jones.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Ray Bradbury.
7. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) high society.
(b) rural America.
8. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(b) Fourth of July.
(d) New Years Day.
9. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote published them under a different name.
(b) They were published as a separate book.
(c) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(d) Capote destroyed the chapters.
10. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
11. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Always respect the ambitious child within.
(b) Never listen to critics.
(c) Get up early every day to start writing.
(d) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
12. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(a) Home remodeling projects.
(b) Highly visible social life.
(c) Eccentric behavior.
13. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
14. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is a biography.
(b) It is unpublished.
(c) It is an uncompleted novel.
(d) It is written in French.
15. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(a) A new career.
(b) Moving to Europe.
(c) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about the masseur Jones meets in the YMCA?
2. Who is one of the authors that Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
3. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
4. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
5. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)