|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) Joseph M. Fox.
(b) William Paley.
(c) William Sloane.
(d) Bennett Cerf.
2. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
(a) He would have a better view of the city.
(b) His fear of heights would be exacerbated.
(c) His plants would have better morning light.
(d) He would sustain serious injury climbing out the window.
3. What is the name of the company Hamilton suggests Jones should work?
(a) The Self Service Agency.
(b) Cornell University.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Interiors by Design.
4. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) His work hours are over.
(b) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
(c) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(d) He has another appointment.
5. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) Travels with Charley.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
6. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Monique von Selsen.
(b) Joyce van Patten.
(c) Alice Lee Langman.
(d) Hedy Lamaar.
7. Where is Jones living during this time?
(a) The Hotel on Fourth.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The Hilton.
(d) The Beekman Arms.
8. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(b) sexual prowess.
9. Who is one of the authors that Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) William Faulkner.
10. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
(a) The Brown Derby.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) Boatwright's apartment.
(d) His own apartment.
11. Jones was trained as a _________________.
12. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
13. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
(a) A dark Doppelganger.
(b) A man among men.
(c) A prince of a guy.
(d) A hero in every sense of the word.
14. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(c) New York.
15. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
(a) Michaele Sloane.
(b) Kate McCloud.
(c) Avery Weddington.
(d) Ava Gardner.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
2. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
3. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
4. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
5. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)