|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(a) Moving to Europe.
(b) Getting married.
(d) A new career.
2. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
3. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
4. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
(a) Inner city.
(b) A suburb.
(c) The country.
(d) Big city.
5. What does Fox consider highly unlikely regarding this book?
(a) That Capote published some of it under a different name.
(b) Capote destroyed the work.
(c) That there is a full manuscript hidden somewhere.
(d) Dunphy had the work sealed and stored away.
6. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Unattended children.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Sexual promiscuity.
(d) Drug abuse.
7. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) T.D. Matlow.
(b) P.B. Jones.
(c) C.A. Hall.
(d) D.A. Meadows.
8. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) A bartender.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A florist.
(d) An editor.
9. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(a) Remembrance of Things Past.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Tender Is the Night.
10. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
(a) Send out for lunch.
(b) Respond to correspondence.
(c) Shine the man's shoes.
(d) Walk the man's dog.
11. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
12. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(d) New York.
13. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
(a) Ed McMahon.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Andy Warhol.
14. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
(a) the late 1970s into the early 1990s.
(b) the early 1950s into the early 1970s.
(c) the late 1960s into the early 1980s.
(d) the late 1940s into the early 1960s.
15. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Hedy Lamaar.
(b) Joyce van Patten.
(c) Monique von Selsen.
(d) Alice Lee Langman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does P.B. Jones say he has met?
2. What is notable about this book?
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
4. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
5. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)