|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
(a) Avery McClintock.
(b) Kate McCloud.
(c) Piper Laurie.
(d) Suzanne McEvoy.
2. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(b) Travels with Charley.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
3. What is the name of the company Hamilton suggests Jones should work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Cornell University.
(c) Interiors by Design.
(d) The Self Service Agency.
4. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
5. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) A newspaper.
6. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
(a) Ed McMahon.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Andy Warhol.
7. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) D.A. Meadows.
(b) T.D. Matlow.
(c) C.A. Hall.
(d) P.B. Jones.
8. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Sexual promiscuity.
(d) Unattended children.
9. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
(a) He would sustain serious injury climbing out the window.
(b) His fear of heights would be exacerbated.
(c) His plants would have better morning light.
(d) He would have a better view of the city.
10. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote published them under a different name.
(b) They were published as a separate book.
(c) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(d) Capote destroyed the chapters.
11. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(b) New York.
(d) Beverly Hills.
12. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
13. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) high society.
(d) rural America.
14. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is unpublished.
(b) It is an uncompleted novel.
(c) It is written in French.
(d) It is a biography.
15. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) Ansel Adams.
(c) Cecil Beaton.
(d) Annie Leibowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones refer to himself as?
2. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
3. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
4. Where is Jones living during this time?
5. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)