|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
(a) His agent.
(b) His writing style.
(c) His middle name.
(d) His home address.
2. P.B. Jones comments that he may move to the _______________ floor of his building.
3. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is written in French.
(b) It is a biography.
(c) It is unpublished.
(d) It is an uncompleted novel.
4. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Sexual promiscuity.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Unattended children.
(d) Drug abuse.
5. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Alice Lee Langman.
(b) Joyce van Patten.
(c) Hedy Lamaar.
(d) Monique von Selsen.
6. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Truman Capote.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) William Faulkner.
7. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
(a) On a dare.
(b) To shock people.
(c) For payment.
(d) For adventure.
8. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) T.D. Matlow.
(b) D.A. Meadows.
(c) C.A. Hall.
(d) P.B. Jones.
9. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) A florist.
(b) The narrator.
(c) An editor.
(d) A bartender.
10. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) He has another appointment.
(b) His work hours are over.
(c) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(d) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
11. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
12. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) American heiress.
(b) French poet.
(c) French sculptor.
(d) American singing star.
13. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote published them under a different name.
(b) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(c) They were published as a separate book.
(d) Capote destroyed the chapters.
14. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A tobacco farmer.
(d) A publisher.
15. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are inspired.
(b) They aren't very good.
(c) They are brilliant.
(d) They are near perfection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones says his book is about ________________.
2. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
3. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
4. How can Capote's public persona be generally described?
5. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)