|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) Tender Is the Night.
2. What is the name of the company Hamilton suggests Jones should work?
(a) The Self Service Agency.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Interiors by Design.
(d) Cornell University.
3. What is the profession of the person in #55?
(d) Interior designer.
4. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) He has another appointment.
(b) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(c) His work hours are over.
(d) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
5. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
6. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) More chapters are in a safe deposit box.
(b) A full manuscript was never completed.
(c) A full manuscript is forgotten somewhere.
(d) A few more chapters were burned in a house fire.
7. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
(a) To shock people.
(b) For payment.
(c) For adventure.
(d) On a dare.
8. Who does P.B. Jones say he has met?
(b) The Queen of England.
(c) Unspoiled monsters.
(d) Soccer stars.
9. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
10. Who is one of the authors that Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) James Joyce.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) William Faulkner.
11. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are brilliant.
(b) They aren't very good.
(c) They are near perfection.
(d) They are inspired.
12. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A young writer.
(c) An interior designer.
(d) A polo player.
13. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A tobacco farmer.
(c) A publisher.
(d) An attorney.
14. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is unpublished.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is an uncompleted novel.
(d) It is a biography.
15. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
(a) His own apartment.
(b) The Brown Derby.
(c) Boatwright's apartment.
(d) The Russian Tea Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
2. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
3. What does Jones refer to himself as?
4. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
5. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)