|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones reveals that he is working on a novel entitled __________________.
(a) Answered Prayers.
(b) Travels with Charley.
(c) Light in August.
(d) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
2. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) Ray Bradbury.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) James Jones.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(c) sexual prowess.
4. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(b) New Years Day.
(c) Fourth of July.
5. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
(a) The devil.
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
6. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) high society.
(b) rural America.
7. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Crystal paperweight.
(b) Grey fedora.
(c) Mont Blanc pen.
(d) Diamond cufflinks.
8. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) His work hours are over.
(b) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(c) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
(d) He has another appointment.
9. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) Killer Angels.
(d) Cane River.
10. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He wanted his advice.
(b) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
(c) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
(d) He missed him.
11. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
(a) His fear of heights would be exacerbated.
(b) He would sustain serious injury climbing out the window.
(c) He would have a better view of the city.
(d) His plants would have better morning light.
12. What is the profession of the person in #55?
(b) Interior designer.
13. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
14. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
15. Where does Fouts go to wean himself off drugs?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
2. What does Jones refer to himself as?
3. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
4. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
5. What happened to Capote when real people recognized themselves in this book?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)