|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
2. What is the profession of the person in #55?
(c) Interior designer.
3. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(a) A new career.
(b) Moving to Europe.
(d) Getting married.
4. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
(a) Cane River.
(b) Killer Angels.
(c) Streetcar Named Desire.
(d) In Cold Blood.
5. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) D.A. Meadows.
(b) C.A. Hall.
(c) P.B. Jones.
(d) T.D. Matlow.
6. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
7. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) New York.
8. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
9. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(c) New Years Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
10. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Vivian Leigh.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Patricia Neal.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
11. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A florist.
(c) The narrator.
(d) An editor.
12. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her stilettos.
(c) Her watch.
(d) Her brooch.
13. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are inspired.
(b) They are near perfection.
(c) They aren't very good.
(d) They are brilliant.
14. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
(a) A trinket.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A bribe.
15. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) A few more chapters were burned in a house fire.
(b) A full manuscript was never completed.
(c) More chapters are in a safe deposit box.
(d) A full manuscript is forgotten somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about this book?
2. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
3. Where did Jones move with money he earned?
4. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
5. Who is another person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)