|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones says his book is about ________________.
(a) the quest for love.
(c) man vs. nature.
(d) truth as illusion.
2. How old is Florie Rotondo?
3. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
(a) They were lost on a crashed hard drive.
(b) They were burned in a house fire.
(c) Capote never showed them to anyone else.
(d) There were never any other chapters.
4. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
(a) His plants would have better morning light.
(b) He would sustain serious injury climbing out the window.
(c) He would have a better view of the city.
(d) His fear of heights would be exacerbated.
5. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) T.D. Matlow.
(b) P.B. Jones.
(c) C.A. Hall.
(d) D.A. Meadows.
6. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) A full manuscript was never completed.
(b) More chapters are in a safe deposit box.
(c) A full manuscript is forgotten somewhere.
(d) A few more chapters were burned in a house fire.
7. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
8. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(c) rural America.
(d) high society.
9. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
(a) Her watch.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her brooch.
(d) Her stilettos.
10. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Ansel Adams.
(b) William Sloane.
(c) Cecil Beaton.
(d) Annie Leibowitz.
11. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
12. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
(a) He was living in a townhouse.
(b) He already bought property in a suburb.
(c) He had already headed to the Earth's interior.
(d) The farm he was interested sold to someone else.
13. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
(a) His own apartment.
(b) The Brown Derby.
(c) The Russian Tea Room.
(d) Boatwright's apartment.
14. What job does Hamilton suggest to Jones?
(c) Companion for hire.
(d) Interior designer.
15. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Ed McMahon.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) Andy Warhol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the work in #12?
2. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
3. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
4. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
5. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)