|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) A bartender.
(b) The narrator.
(c) A florist.
(d) An editor.
2. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
(a) The devil.
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
3. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are near perfection.
(b) They aren't very good.
(c) They are inspired.
(d) They are brilliant.
4. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) American singing star.
(b) French poet.
(c) American heiress.
(d) French sculptor.
5. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) Ray Bradbury.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) James Jones.
6. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Remembrance of Things Past.
(d) Tender Is the Night.
7. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) A polo player.
(c) A young writer.
(d) A publisher.
8. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Patricia Neal.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Vivian Leigh.
9. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He missed him.
(b) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
(c) He wanted his advice.
(d) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
10. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
11. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
(a) There were never any other chapters.
(b) Capote never showed them to anyone else.
(c) They were burned in a house fire.
(d) They were lost on a crashed hard drive.
12. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
(a) A trinket.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A talisman.
13. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
(a) The building is jammed up next to another one.
(b) There is a rooftop just below.
(c) There is no fire escape.
(d) The window is sealed shut.
14. P.B. Jones comments that he may move to the _______________ floor of his building.
15. What does Jones refer to himself as?
(a) A lost cause.
(b) Prince among men.
(c) Hershey Bar whore.
(d) Last of the good guys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
2. What happened to Capote when real people recognized themselves in this book?
3. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
4. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
5. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)