|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is a biography.
(b) It is an uncompleted novel.
(c) It is written in French.
(d) It is unpublished.
2. Where does Fouts go to wean himself off drugs?
(c) New York.
3. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
(a) A prince of a guy.
(b) A dark Doppelganger.
(c) A hero in every sense of the word.
(d) A man among men.
4. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) rural America.
(c) high society.
5. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
(a) Suzanne McEvoy.
(b) Piper Laurie.
(c) Kate McCloud.
(d) Avery McClintock.
6. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
(a) T.D. Matlow.
(b) P.B. Jones.
(c) C.A. Hall.
(d) D.A. Meadows.
7. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
(a) His writing style.
(b) His middle name.
(c) His agent.
(d) His home address.
8. Mr. Wallace is probably a pseudonym for which famous person?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) John Steinbeck.
9. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(b) Never listen to critics.
(c) Always respect the ambitious child within.
(d) Get up early every day to start writing.
10. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
(a) Send out for lunch.
(b) Respond to correspondence.
(c) Shine the man's shoes.
(d) Walk the man's dog.
11. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
(a) A trinket.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A talisman.
12. Jones reveals that he is working on a novel entitled __________________.
(a) Light in August.
(b) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(c) Travels with Charley.
(d) Answered Prayers.
13. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Hedy Lamaar.
(b) Monique von Selsen.
(c) Joyce van Patten.
(d) Alice Lee Langman.
14. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) A tobacco farmer.
(b) A dancer.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A publisher.
15. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(a) Home remodeling projects.
(c) Highly visible social life.
(d) Eccentric behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
2. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
3. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
4. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
5. Who is the editor of this book?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)