|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jones says his book is about ________________.
(a) man vs. nature.
(b) truth as illusion.
(c) the quest for love.
2. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) William Paley.
(b) William Sloane.
(c) Joseph M. Fox.
(d) Bennett Cerf.
3. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
(a) the late 1970s into the early 1990s.
(b) the late 1940s into the early 1960s.
(c) the early 1950s into the early 1970s.
(d) the late 1960s into the early 1980s.
4. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
5. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(c) New York.
(d) Beverly Hills.
6. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) A florist.
(b) An editor.
(c) A bartender.
(d) The narrator.
7. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) rural America.
(b) high society.
8. Where did Jones move with money he earned?
(d) New York.
9. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
10. Where does Fouts go to wean himself off drugs?
(d) New York.
11. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
12. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
(a) For adventure.
(b) For payment.
(c) On a dare.
(d) To shock people.
13. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
(a) There is a rooftop just below.
(b) The window is sealed shut.
(c) There is no fire escape.
(d) The building is jammed up next to another one.
14. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Vivian Leigh.
(c) Patricia Neal.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
15. What job does Hamilton suggest to Jones?
(a) Interior designer.
(d) Companion for hire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
2. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
3. What is the profession of the person in #55?
4. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
5. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)