|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones refer to himself as?
(a) Hershey Bar whore.
(b) Prince among men.
(c) Last of the good guys.
(d) A lost cause.
2. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
(c) Unspoiled monsters.
(d) The devil.
3. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) The narrator.
(b) An editor.
(c) A florist.
(d) A bartender.
4. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A polo player.
(d) A young writer.
5. Who is one of the authors that Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
6. Where did Jones move with money he earned?
(b) New York.
7. Jones says his book is about ________________.
(a) truth as illusion.
(b) the quest for love.
(d) man vs. nature.
8. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
9. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) Bennett Cerf.
(c) Joseph M. Fox.
(d) William Paley.
10. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
(a) His plants would have better morning light.
(b) He would have a better view of the city.
(c) He would sustain serious injury climbing out the window.
(d) His fear of heights would be exacerbated.
11. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Never listen to critics.
(b) Always respect the ambitious child within.
(c) Get up early every day to start writing.
(d) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
12. What is notable about the masseur Jones meets in the YMCA?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is retarded.
13. What could have been the reason Capote never finished the book?
(a) He knew it would never achieve his standards.
(b) He died before he could finish it.
(c) He got too ill to complete it.
(d) He simply got tired of writing.
14. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) French poet.
(b) American singing star.
(c) American heiress.
(d) French sculptor.
15. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
(a) Her watch.
(b) Her stilettos.
(c) Her brooch.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
2. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
3. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
4. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
5. To where does Florie Rotondo travel?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)