|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(b) Never listen to critics.
(c) Always respect the ambitious child within.
(d) Get up early every day to start writing.
2. How old is Florie Rotondo?
3. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
(a) Kate McCloud.
(b) Piper Laurie.
(c) Avery McClintock.
(d) Suzanne McEvoy.
4. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) From Here to Eternity.
(b) Remembrance of Things Past.
(c) Travels with Charley.
(d) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
5. What is the title of Jones' first book?
(a) Quo Vadis.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) Answerd Prayers.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
6. Jones was trained as a _________________.
7. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
8. P.B. Jones comments that he may move to the _______________ floor of his building.
9. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are inspired.
(b) They aren't very good.
(c) They are brilliant.
(d) They are near perfection.
10. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) James Jones.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Ray Bradbury.
11. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(b) Moving to Europe.
(c) A new career.
(d) Getting married.
12. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
13. What is notable about the masseur Jones meets in the YMCA?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is retarded.
14. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
(a) Ava Gardner.
(b) Avery Weddington.
(c) Kate McCloud.
(d) Michaele Sloane.
15. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
(a) From a caterer.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From a drug dealer.
(d) From a newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
2. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
3. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
4. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
5. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)