|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A polo player.
(d) A young writer.
2. What is the title of Jones' first book?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) From Here to Eternity.
(c) Quo Vadis.
(d) Answerd Prayers.
3. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
4. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
5. Jones reveals that he is working on a novel entitled __________________.
(a) Answered Prayers.
(b) Travels with Charley.
(c) For Whom the Bell Tolls.
(d) Light in August.
6. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(a) Eccentric behavior.
(c) Highly visible social life.
(d) Home remodeling projects.
7. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
(a) Substance abuse.
(b) Criminal arrests.
(c) Gambling addiction.
(d) Physical abuse.
8. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) An editor.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A florist.
(d) The narrator.
9. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
(a) New York.
10. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(a) Moving to Europe.
(b) A new career.
(d) Getting married.
11. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
12. What does Jones refer to himself as?
(a) Prince among men.
(b) A lost cause.
(c) Hershey Bar whore.
(d) Last of the good guys.
13. Where did Jones grow up?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) His aunt's house.
(c) His stepmother's house.
(d) His grandparents' home.
14. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(a) sexual prowess.
15. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
2. Jones says his book is about ________________.
3. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
4. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
5. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)