|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) A few more chapters were burned in a house fire.
(b) More chapters are in a safe deposit box.
(c) A full manuscript is forgotten somewhere.
(d) A full manuscript was never completed.
2. Jones enters into a relationship with Boatwright which is part sexual and part _____________.
3. Who is another person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Kate McCloud.
(b) Louise Talbot.
(c) Miriam Warhol.
(d) Deidre Vallingdeham.
4. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
5. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
6. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) American heiress.
(b) French poet.
(c) French sculptor.
(d) American singing star.
7. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is an uncompleted novel.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is unpublished.
(d) It is a biography.
8. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(a) Tender Is the Night.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
9. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
(a) The Russian Tea Room.
(b) The Brown Derby.
(c) Boatwright's apartment.
(d) His own apartment.
10. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
(a) The devil.
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
11. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Johnson Davis.
(c) Johnnie Watson.
(d) Jack Dunphy.
12. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) A tobacco farmer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A dancer.
13. What is notable about the masseur Jones meets in the YMCA?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is retarded.
14. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
15. Jones says his book is about ________________.
(b) the quest for love.
(c) truth as illusion.
(d) man vs. nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is P.B. Jones?
2. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
3. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
4. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
5. Jones was trained as a _________________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)