|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) American heiress.
(b) French sculptor.
(c) American singing star.
(d) French poet.
2. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
3. What does Jones refer to himself as?
(a) Prince among men.
(b) Hershey Bar whore.
(c) Last of the good guys.
(d) A lost cause.
4. Jones says his book is about ________________.
(a) the quest for love.
(b) truth as illusion.
(d) man vs. nature.
5. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Bennett Cerf.
(d) Joseph M. Fox.
6. How can Capote's public persona be generally described?
(a) Shy around others.
(c) Extremely opinionated.
(d) Unable to speak in public.
7. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(b) sexual prowess.
8. P.B. Jones comments that he may move to the _______________ floor of his building.
9. Where does Fouts go to wean himself off drugs?
(c) New York.
10. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) New Years Day.
11. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
12. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are near perfection.
(b) They aren't very good.
(c) They are inspired.
(d) They are brilliant.
13. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
(a) His own apartment.
(b) The Russian Tea Room.
(c) Boatwright's apartment.
(d) The Brown Derby.
14. How old is Florie Rotondo?
15. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(a) Moving to Europe.
(b) Getting married.
(c) A new career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for this section of the book?
2. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
3. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
4. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
5. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)