|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the person in #55?
(c) Interior designer.
2. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
3. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
(b) New York.
4. What is notable about the masseur Jones meets in the YMCA?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is retarded.
5. Where did Jones move with money he earned?
(c) New York.
6. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
7. What is notable about this book?
(a) It is unpublished.
(b) It is written in French.
(c) It is a biography.
(d) It is an uncompleted novel.
8. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He wanted his advice.
(b) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
(c) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
(d) He missed him.
9. What does Jones imply that he is considering?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Moving to Europe.
(c) A new career.
10. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Drug abuse.
(b) Loud music.
(c) Sexual promiscuity.
(d) Unattended children.
11. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
(a) He had already headed to the Earth's interior.
(b) He already bought property in a suburb.
(c) He was living in a townhouse.
(d) The farm he was interested sold to someone else.
12. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) rural America.
(b) high society.
13. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) Cane River.
(c) Streetcar Named Desire.
(d) Killer Angels.
14. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
(a) A dark Doppelganger.
(b) A man among men.
(c) A hero in every sense of the word.
(d) A prince of a guy.
15. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Bennett Cerf put them in a safe with no combination.
(b) Dunphy burned them when Truman died.
(c) Capote gave them to his godson.
(d) Capote never wrote them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of school did Jones attend?
2. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
3. Who is Florie Rotondo?
4. What happened to Capote when real people recognized themselves in this book?
5. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)