|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They aren't very good.
(b) They are near perfection.
(c) They are brilliant.
(d) They are inspired.
2. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) French poet.
(b) French sculptor.
(c) American heiress.
(d) American singing star.
3. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
(a) Criminal arrests.
(b) Gambling addiction.
(c) Substance abuse.
(d) Physical abuse.
4. Where is Jones living during this time?
(a) The Hotel on Fourth.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The Beekman Arms.
5. Who is another person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
(a) Deidre Vallingdeham.
(b) Kate McCloud.
(c) Miriam Warhol.
(d) Louise Talbot.
6. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
(a) He would have probably killed himself.
(b) He would have been very lonely.
(c) He would have missed the night life.
(d) His life would have been better.
7. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
(a) Walk the man's dog.
(b) Send out for lunch.
(c) Respond to correspondence.
(d) Shine the man's shoes.
8. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Mont Blanc pen.
(b) Crystal paperweight.
(c) Diamond cufflinks.
(d) Grey fedora.
9. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
10. Who is the secretary in Victoria Self's office?
11. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
(a) They were lost on a crashed hard drive.
(b) Capote never showed them to anyone else.
(c) They were burned in a house fire.
(d) There were never any other chapters.
12. Jones was trained as a _________________.
13. What type of school did Jones attend?
(a) Convent school.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Private school.
(d) Military school.
14. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(a) Eccentric behavior.
(b) Highly visible social life.
(c) Home remodeling projects.
15. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He missed him.
(b) He wanted his advice.
(c) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
(d) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the authors that Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
2. Who is Florie Rotondo?
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
4. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
5. What is the setting for this section of the book?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)