|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
(a) the late 1940s into the early 1960s.
(b) the early 1950s into the early 1970s.
(c) the late 1970s into the early 1990s.
(d) the late 1960s into the early 1980s.
2. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote never wrote them.
(b) Dunphy burned them when Truman died.
(c) Bennett Cerf put them in a safe with no combination.
(d) Capote gave them to his godson.
3. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(d) sexual prowess.
4. What job does Hamilton suggest to Jones?
(a) Companion for hire.
(b) Interior designer.
5. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
(b) He wanted his advice.
(c) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
(d) He missed him.
6. Why does Jones say it would be pointless to climb out the window?
(a) There is a rooftop just below.
(b) The building is jammed up next to another one.
(c) The window is sealed shut.
(d) There is no fire escape.
7. Who does P.B. Jones say he has met?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
(c) Soccer stars.
8. Where did Jones grow up?
(a) His stepmother's house.
(b) His aunt's house.
(c) His grandparents' home.
(d) An orphanage.
9. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
10. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) A piece of chocolate.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) A newspaper.
11. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(b) New York.
(d) Beverly Hills.
12. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
(d) The devil.
13. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Unattended children.
(c) Drug abuse.
(d) Sexual promiscuity.
14. Which famous person does Jones meet in Paris?
(a) Andy Warhol.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Ed McMahon.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
15. What is the title of Jones' first book?
(a) Answerd Prayers.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Quo Vadis.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
2. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
3. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
4. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
5. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)