|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(b) Home remodeling projects.
(c) Highly visible social life.
(d) Eccentric behavior.
2. How old is Florie Rotondo?
3. What work did Capote intend to mimic?
(a) Something Wicked This Way Comes.
(b) Remembrance of Things Past.
(c) Travels with Charley.
(d) From Here to Eternity.
4. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Truman Capote.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
5. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
(a) Cane River.
(b) Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) Killer Angels.
(d) In Cold Blood.
6. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
7. What does Jones refer to himself as?
(a) Hershey Bar whore.
(b) Prince among men.
(c) A lost cause.
(d) Last of the good guys.
8. Who is Turner Boatwright?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A tobacco farmer.
9. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(b) Fourth of July.
(d) New Years Day.
10. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
11. What is the title of Jones' first book?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) Answerd Prayers.
(c) From Here to Eternity.
(d) Quo Vadis.
12. Where did Jones grow up?
(a) His aunt's house.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) His grandparents' home.
(d) His stepmother's house.
13. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
(a) Respond to correspondence.
(b) Shine the man's shoes.
(c) Walk the man's dog.
(d) Send out for lunch.
14. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Patricia Neal.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Vivian Leigh.
15. Where does Fouts go to wean himself off drugs?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
2. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
3. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
4. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
5. Jones reveals that he is working on a novel entitled __________________.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)