|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
(a) Highly visible social life.
(c) Eccentric behavior.
(d) Home remodeling projects.
2. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Loud music.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Unattended children.
(d) Sexual promiscuity.
3. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
4. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(a) Fourth of July.
(d) New Years Day.
5. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
(a) Capote never showed them to anyone else.
(b) They were lost on a crashed hard drive.
(c) They were burned in a house fire.
(d) There were never any other chapters.
6. Who was Capote's longtime companion?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Johnnie Watson.
(c) Johnson Davis.
(d) Jack Dunphy.
7. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
(b) The Far East.
(c) The country.
8. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) A newspaper.
9. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Ansel Adams.
(b) Cecil Beaton.
(c) Annie Leibowitz.
(d) William Sloane.
10. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
(a) Send out for lunch.
(b) Shine the man's shoes.
(c) Walk the man's dog.
(d) Respond to correspondence.
11. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(b) They were published as a separate book.
(c) Capote published them under a different name.
(d) Capote destroyed the chapters.
12. Why does Fouts send Jones a first class ticket to Paris?
(a) He missed him.
(b) He wanted his advice.
(c) He wanted him to attend his premiere.
(d) He was attracted to Jones' stories.
13. Jones says that Fouts lacked _________________.
(a) sexual prowess.
14. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote never wrote them.
(b) Bennett Cerf put them in a safe with no combination.
(c) Capote gave them to his godson.
(d) Dunphy burned them when Truman died.
15. Which famous actress does Joes meet at Boatwright's parties?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Vivian Leigh.
(c) Greta Garbo.
(d) Patricia Neal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
2. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
3. How does Jones learn of Denny Fout's death?
4. Where does Florie Rotondo move after her trip?
5. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)