|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. P.B. Jones comments that he may move to the _______________ floor of his building.
2. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
(a) New York.
3. Why does Jones say it was too late for him to move to the country?
(a) He already bought property in a suburb.
(b) The farm he was interested sold to someone else.
(c) He had already headed to the Earth's interior.
(d) He was living in a townhouse.
4. The book focuses on the lives of people in _______________.
(a) rural America.
(c) high society.
5. Jones was trained as a _________________.
6. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) William Paley.
(c) Bennett Cerf.
(d) Joseph M. Fox.
7. Who is the expatriate American who has a strong impact on Jones?
(a) Avery McClintock.
(b) Piper Laurie.
(c) Kate McCloud.
(d) Suzanne McEvoy.
8. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
(a) His fear of heights would be exacerbated.
(b) He would have a better view of the city.
(c) His plants would have better morning light.
(d) He would sustain serious injury climbing out the window.
9. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) New York.
10. What runs rampant in Jones' building?
(a) Sexual promiscuity.
(b) Drug abuse.
(c) Unattended children.
(d) Loud music.
11. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) A newspaper.
12. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote gave them to his godson.
(b) Dunphy burned them when Truman died.
(c) Bennett Cerf put them in a safe with no combination.
(d) Capote never wrote them.
13. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Diamond cufflinks.
(b) Grey fedora.
(c) Crystal paperweight.
(d) Mont Blanc pen.
14. To what floor has Jones moved in his building?
15. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Marcel Proust.
(c) Ray Bradbury.
(d) James Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
2. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
3. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
4. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
5. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)