|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Denham Fouts' profession?
2. Where is Jones living during this time?
(a) The Hotel on Fourth.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The Beekman Arms.
(d) The Hilton.
3. To where does Florie Rotondo travel?
(b) The North Pole.
(c) The center of the earth.
4. Where does Jones say he attended many parties?
(a) His own apartment.
(b) The Brown Derby.
(c) The Russian Tea Room.
(d) Boatwright's apartment.
5. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
6. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
(a) New York.
7. Jones was trained as a _________________.
8. How can Capote's private persona be generally described?
9. How does the editor refer to the narrator of the book?
(a) A man among men.
(b) A hero in every sense of the word.
(c) A dark Doppelganger.
(d) A prince of a guy.
10. What type of school did Jones attend?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Convent school.
(c) Private school.
(d) Military school.
11. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
(b) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(c) His work hours are over.
(d) He has another appointment.
12. What was the minimal payment Jones ever received for a sexual experience?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) A newspaper.
13. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Grey fedora.
(b) Mont Blanc pen.
(c) Diamond cufflinks.
(d) Crystal paperweight.
14. On what holiday did Jones' marriage break up?
(a) Fourth of July.
(d) New Years Day.
15. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
(a) Her watch.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her stilettos.
(d) Her brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jones says his portrait on his book jacket portrays him as ________________.
2. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
3. What happened to Capote when real people recognized themselves in this book?
4. Who is the protagonist/narrator of the book?
5. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)