|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #68 give to Jones when he visits her/his home?
(a) Mont Blanc pen.
(b) Diamond cufflinks.
(c) Crystal paperweight.
(d) Grey fedora.
2. What does Boatwright tell Jones about Jones' stories?
(a) They are near perfection.
(b) They are inspired.
(c) They are brilliant.
(d) They aren't very good.
3. What does Florie Rotondo encounter on her travels?
(a) The devil.
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
4. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) A polo player.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A young writer.
5. Who is the editor of this book?
(a) Joseph M. Fox.
(b) William Sloane.
(c) Bennett Cerf.
(d) William Paley.
6. What does Jones think would have happened if he had moved to the country?
(a) He would have been very lonely.
(b) His life would have been better.
(c) He would have missed the night life.
(d) He would have probably killed himself.
7. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) Marcel Proust.
(b) Ray Bradbury.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) James Jones.
8. Why did Jones engage in homosexual experiences at an early age?
(a) On a dare.
(b) To shock people.
(c) For adventure.
(d) For payment.
9. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Get up early every day to start writing.
(b) Always respect the ambitious child within.
(c) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(d) Never listen to critics.
10. Where does Jones first meet Denham Fouts?
(c) New York.
11. What is Fox's third theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
(a) Capote destroyed the chapters.
(b) Capote never wrote any of this book.
(c) Capote published them under a different name.
(d) They were published as a separate book.
12. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
13. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
(a) Ava Gardner.
(b) Michaele Sloane.
(c) Kate McCloud.
(d) Avery Weddington.
14. Where does P.B. Jones wish he would have moved?
(a) The country.
(b) The Far East.
15. What is the setting for this section of the book?
(a) New York.
(b) Beverly Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fox's first theory of what happened to the rest of this book?
2. What is Jones' first task for the man in #83?
3. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
4. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
5. Where is Jones living during this time?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)