|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most probably the narrator of the book?
(a) Truman Capote.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
2. Jones' book will be based on his experiences with whom?
(a) Avery Weddington.
(b) Michaele Sloane.
(c) Ava Gardner.
(d) Kate McCloud.
3. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
(a) A bribe.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A trinket.
(d) A nuisance.
4. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(b) Get up early every day to start writing.
(c) Never listen to critics.
(d) Always respect the ambitious child within.
5. Who is P.B. Jones?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A florist.
(c) The narrator.
(d) An editor.
6. Who is the famous photographer Jones meets at Boatwright's parties?
(a) William Sloane.
(b) Annie Leibowitz.
(c) Cecil Beaton.
(d) Ansel Adams.
7. Who does P.B. Jones say he has met?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) Unspoiled monsters.
(d) Soccer stars.
8. Where did Jones grow up?
(a) His aunt's house.
(b) His stepmother's house.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) His grandparents' home.
9. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(a) Remembrance of Things Past.
(b) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Tender Is the Night.
10. Who is the author of the work in #12?
(a) Ray Bradbury.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Marcel Proust.
(d) James Jones.
11. Why does Jones quickly leave the apartment of the man in #83?
(a) He thinks he wants to put out his cigar on his body.
(b) He has another appointment.
(c) He gets an urgent phone call from a friend.
(d) His work hours are over.
12. Who is Florie Rotondo?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A young writer.
(d) A polo player.
13. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
14. Truman Capote was popular from ______________________.
(a) the late 1960s into the early 1980s.
(b) the late 1970s into the early 1990s.
(c) the late 1940s into the early 1960s.
(d) the early 1950s into the early 1970s.
15. What about Victoria Self's appearance strikes Jones?
(a) Her brooch.
(b) Her stilettos.
(c) Her watch.
(d) Her glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Jones' first book?
2. Who is Woodrow Hamilton?
3. What is Fox's second theory about what happened to the rest of this book?
4. In what city did Jones write his book titled Sleepless Millions?
5. For which of the following is Truman Capote NOT known?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)