|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, La Côte Basque, p. 168 - 180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recent advice has Kate received regarding her son?
(a) Send him to finishing school.
(b) Hire a tutor.
(c) Put him in military school.
(d) Kidnap him.
2. Why does Aces decide to introduce Jones to Kate?
(a) She needs a good bartender.
(b) She needs a witty personality at parties.
(c) She needs a masseur who can travel with her.
(d) She needs a handsome escort.
3. What does the editor claim is at the core of this book?
4. Jones and Hamilton discuss the relationship between art and life in which book?
(b) Tender Is the Night.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Remembrance of Things Past.
5. Lady Ina's character is a thinly veiled portrait of __________________.
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) Slim Keith.
(c) Babe Paley.
(d) Jackie Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones do for Kate in her hotel suite?
2. Miss Self sends Jones on his first appointment with a man whose pseudonym is _______________.
3. Who is one person who becomes a key figure in Jones' life?
4. What happened to several more chapters of this book that were not published?
5. At what hotel does Aces reveal Kate McCloud's story to Jones?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)