|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Unspoiled Monsters, pp. 12 - 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of school did Jones attend?
(a) Private school.
(b) Military school.
(c) Convent school.
(d) Boarding school.
2. What is Natalie Barney's notoriety?
(a) French sculptor.
(b) American singing star.
(c) American heiress.
(d) French poet.
3. What advice does the person in #68 give to Jones?
(a) Write every day regardless of what else is happening.
(b) Never listen to critics.
(c) Get up early every day to start writing.
(d) Always respect the ambitious child within.
4. For what other book is Truman Capote famous?
(a) In Cold Blood.
(b) Streetcar Named Desire.
(c) Cane River.
(d) Killer Angels.
5. Capote is known to have descended into what personal problems?
(a) Gambling addiction.
(b) Physical abuse.
(c) Substance abuse.
(d) Criminal arrests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Capote change during the writing of this book?
2. What does Jones consider the item in #70 to be?
3. What would be viable if Jones were to move to this location?
4. What is the profession of the person in #55?
5. Who is the editor of this book?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)